PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 06:46 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
The power of The Search may have paid off. I said I punted on the Album issue but I couldnt let it go. I dont know what album version is currently cooked in but I found Album 3.0 ported for VGA from the Diamond2.
I ran the cab, with Sense OFF, then re-enabled Sense. I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS FULLY. I can say it appears stable!!! No crashes as I have jumped in/out of a dozen pics and videos. Wanted to post this up so more people can test it out.

Attachment 50102

Please post back your findings.

EDIT: I see jdm is on it too, i looked at the zip and saw xml files, am waiting for jdm to clarify what that zip is all about.
first off thanks for all your work trying to tackle this album issue,i didn't know it was a issue with 21xxx because i don't recall any mention of it,just 28xxx builds,same issue on this build,i tried to install the .cab you provided and it says "Installation was unsuccessful.The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient permissions." i have never seen that before,i tried to install to device several times, did you have any problems installing or have any ideas by chance?

yeah i was kinda hoping he would explain about that .zip too

Last edited by Straitup27; 11-27-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:48 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by basa820 View Post
got my google maps to work right after uninstalling and re-installing it.
Now I have a new problem. I receive TXT msgs, sense shows me I have a new txt but I can't open the msg and reply. Doesn't even show the msgs in the inbox.
I already disabled the HTC messaging
Did you use Microsofts My Phone to reload your backed up contacts texts etc after you reflashed? If so, MyPhone puts an email into your email inbox with a short explanation about Myphone service.

Go to "all messages" and tap SMS messages. In the SMS screen, tap the dropdown arrow on the left and then the + next to outlook messages. There you will find the message that is playing hide and seek. Does it to me every time I flash and use myphone to restore my backups even though I don't use it to back up my emails.

David
Old 11-27-2009, 07:16 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
first off thanks for all your work trying to tackle this album issue,i didn't know it was a issue with 21xxx because i don't recall any mention of it,just 28xxx builds,same issue on this build,i tried to install the .cab you provided and it says "Installation was unsuccessful.The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient permissions." i have never seen that before,i tried to install to device several times, did you have any problems installing or have any ideas by chance?

yeah i was kinda hoping he would explain about that .zip too
Yeah I had that error, sorry shoulda given you a heads up.
Turn off Sense, Soft reset, run the cab. It should go. My guess is the old Album (or another program) was running in the background preventing the first install . You could look in Task Manager and try to see what is running, but the SR is the easy way out
Old 11-27-2009, 07:41 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Yeah I had that error, sorry shoulda given you a heads up.
Turn off Sense, Soft reset, run the cab. It should go. My guess is the old Album (or another program) was running in the background preventing the first install . You could look in Task Manager and try to see what is running, but the SR is the easy way out
I had Sense off,the soft reset was the key,i believe your right about the old album running in background cause all other programs were off.Great fix Winmo. thanks for the post!!! It's working flawless so far.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

basa820 is a n00b

when I run the cab to disable HTC messaging I am not able to reply or view any txt msgs. I have done various soft and hard resets even reflashed the phone
Old 11-27-2009, 09:38 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by basa820 View Post
when I run the cab to disable HTC messaging I am not able to reply or view any txt msgs. I have done various soft and hard resets even reflashed the phone
Ok so are you refering to viewing as.... clicking on an sms in the sms tab of manila and it popping open in manila? My guess is when you click the message it blinks the screen but stays where you are. ALSO are you refering to "replying" as clicking menu softkey while in manila sms tab, and then cicking reply wanting it to pull up a threaded window to reply in? If so that is your issue. When you run the disable HTC mess. cab it takes those features away. Since you ran the cab, you will need to click "All Messages" softkey from manila sms tab to go into MS messaging to view fully and reply to messages. Other users are are setting one of their quick links under the calander as a MS messaging so they can go directly into MS messaging rather than sms tab. Running the disable cab makes the sms tab only good for previewing messages quickly and starting a new message, since it's functions are altered by the cab. It's part of the give and take of runing the cab.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Slartibartfast is a n00b

Under notification, the "repeat" checkbox is greyed out under play sound. Is there a tweak to fix this?

thanks.
Screenshot below if that helps...

2009 11 27_09 36 11_0001_111.JPG
Old 11-27-2009, 11:43 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
Under notification, the "repeat" checkbox is greyed out under play sound. Is there a tweak to fix this?

thanks.

Attachment 50105
HMMMM had not noticed that yet......I'll dig around......
Old 11-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post

thanks.

Attachment 50105
I don't think you ever could hit repeat on that. There are certain one's that would allow you to have the sound repeat. I may be wrong but that was what I thought.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

basa820 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Ok so are you refering to viewing as.... clicking on an sms in the sms tab of manila and it popping open in manila? My guess is when you click the message it blinks the screen but stays where you are. ALSO are you refering to "replying" as clicking menu softkey while in manila sms tab, and then cicking reply wanting it to pull up a threaded window to reply in? If so that is your issue. When you run the disable HTC mess. cab it takes those features away. Since you ran the cab, you will need to click "All Messages" softkey from manila sms tab to go into MS messaging to view fully and reply to messages. Other users are are setting one of their quick links under the calander as a MS messaging so they can go directly into MS messaging rather than sms tab. Running the disable cab makes the sms tab only good for previewing messages quickly and starting a new message, since it's functions are altered by the cab. It's part of the give and take of runing the cab.
i have tried everything u said here even added ms messaging to the quick tab, but it does not list the txt msgs there either. i had to put a 2.1 rom in it made by some other guy i hate it but everything works. I want to get this rom working on my phone. dont care if its the 2.5 or 2.1, but i could not find the 2.1 file to download

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro