PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 01:35 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcsho View Post
well the gps works just not the weather. it will update across wifi and if i move towns/towers "sometimes".
Dude I posted a few posts back. I have your same issue......always have. Winmo can back me on this.......it is an enigma bug that some will never fix without moving into another coverage area, lol. I am an Alltel to Verizon customer, and had the issue on both carriers with mutliple Alltel TPs now (5! thats another story)I have had it since the release of My Location in the weather. No matter what custom ROM I try with whatever "fixes" I try, including EVERY radio possible.....nothing works other than Wifi & when I roam.......weird shizz. If you search my name and "my location" you should find several posts from my battles with the issue...... Let me know if ya figure it out though.....I quit trying.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

yesterday was friends,family,food,and drinks......................today more nrgz roms damn been a good week!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

J.T. is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrio View Post
This is still a problem on the new builds. I've tried both on my TP and that cut off seems to happen often. Also, the ringers aren't very loud, but at least they work. SMS seems to be broken on CDMA TP's, as I get a SIM card missing error on both newer builds. I tried installing a SMS fix cab that's floating around here, but that didn't solve the problem even with a soft reset. Not sure how to make it work. I have to use the WinMo sms vs the Sense SMS app to be able to send anything. Let met clarify that that is using the 2.1 Standard builds, not the 2.5. I'd like to use 2.5, but can't seem to figure out if the Landscape has been fixed yet. I guess I'll install it and see.
Having the same issue with the SIM thing, none of the fixes seem to have worked for me. It sucks because I like the rom that's out, but I guess I'll go back to an old one
Old 11-27-2009, 01:41 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
yesterday was friends,family,food,and drinks......................today more nrgz roms damn been a good week!!!
Yeah no doubt. Imagine how spoiled some of us are! We are going to be lost when NRG goes more than a week without a new release! I'll take asy many as he wants to give and be happy with ANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS NRG!!!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 01:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel---->VZW

jkcsho is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Dude I posted a few posts back. I have your same issue......always have. Winmo can back me on this.......it is an enigma bug that some will never fix without moving into another coverage area, lol. I am an Alltel to Verizon customer, and had the issue on both carriers with mutliple Alltel TPs now (5! thats another story)I have had it since the release of My Location in the weather. No matter what custom ROM I try with whatever "fixes" I try, including EVERY radio possible.....nothing works other than Wifi & when I roam.......weird shizz. If you search my name and "my location" you should find several posts from my battles with the issue...... Let me know if ya figure it out though.....I quit trying.
i guess its something to do with the last few roms. i had it working b4 m2.5. guess i'll keep trying...
If I helped you hit the Thanks button!
Old 11-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
well the gps works just not the weather. it will update across wifi and if i move towns/towers "sometimes".
Quote:
Who-you know I got your back
jkc-I was just sayin' that the chef said scrap 21867, so while you got around the GPS issue, your location issue MIGHT be ROM related or it MIGHT be the same situ whotahn is in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
Having the same issue with the SIM thing, none of the fixes seem to have worked for me. It sucks because I like the rom that's out, but I guess I'll go back to an old one
Going back to an old one with new ones coming today? You may want to wait on that

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-27-2009 at 01:49 PM. Reason: OOPS WRONG BUILD #, WHO CAN KEEP 'EM STRAIGHT?
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Quote:
i guess its something to do with the last few roms. i had it working b4 m2.5. guess i'll keep trying...
Better than mine. It has never worked on any ROM, including other chefs ROMs, for me so I am not so concerned.
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Yeah no doubt. Imagine how spoiled some of us are! We are going to be lost when NRG goes more than a week without a new release! I'll take asy many as he wants to give and be happy with ANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS NRG!!!!!
LMAO!!! i know i still haven't played with the other 3 i downloaded and now more on the way!!! and my boss ask why im smiling today, HA!!! he could never understand!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
ok so im over xda checking out what the guru's are working on and i found the sunny_animation.zip which is supposed to speed up the animation (mine kinda moves in stages) i installed it and im not gonna say its faster but def. fixed my sticking issue,it now animates in a nice smooth ray of sunshine, don't know if anybody else has a sticky sun animation but i thought i would share just in case, just unzip and install to windows folder using tc
ok i saw quite few ppl tried this,any results ppl?
Old 11-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work

i was searching around and found this, thought i was interesting...and if it opens a can of worms sorry lol. manila 2.5 in landscape. not perfect but for you people that want landscape you can try it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=588476
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:16 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Ok... Ive got the gps working on both my devices. But still cant get the location weather to work. it only updates on my phone when i change towns/towers. and still no luck even with changing radios. ive tried 3 so far but i'll keep trying. can i force it to update via gps?
Quote:
no i have a my location it just dont update rite.
My experiences travelling around is that this "odd' behavior is actually normal. At home, weather updates fine but the name of my location on the phone is reported as one of three things ["fairfax" the city, "virginia" the state, or "green acres" some community a few miles away]. At work, closer to DC its a similar issue...it will report my location as "DC" or "Rosslyn" where my office actually is in VA. When I travel up through Pennsylvania I've had mylocation weather simply not find me [just kept spinning]...sometimes it displayed "pennsylvania" as mylocation...and one time it said I was somewhere across the globe.

I think it's highly location dependant, and I would guess that the names the device displays has something to do with which tower it reads from when it determins where you are. I guess its also possible that the service isn't compatible with all towers? ...or in all locations?

Most dudes that say it doesn't work also report that it works when they go to another location [town, state, or city].

...this is just from my experience testing it around.

EDIT: you could try to enable mylocation [START-SETTINGS-SYSTEM-Location Settings]. That may help? ...as a heads up, I also noticed my devcie would run a little slower with this option enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pea****93 View Post
Any Ideas??

With new ROMs coming, has anyone had this problem with Sashimi? I've been searching over at WinMo-Experts also but no luck as of yet. I hate manually installing my cabs to the Storage Card!!

pea****93
...had a similar issue. I dont think I put anything on the SD now since I couldn't get it to take. I had an arcade set that I would install to the SD and when everything was configured it was never properly installed.

Did you post a Q in Murduckys thread?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro