PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralspirit View Post
flashed this rom, couldnt get hotmail set up. tried using the DCD carrier cab, no dice. hard reset, dcd carrier cab, still couldnt set up my hotmail. I'd put in the email and pass, but live would just close, and then pop up again a minute later from the beginning. Gonna go with something else, although this looks pretty.
maybe you should search the thread for anyone else having the problem & a potential fix.. or you could just go with something else.. GR
Old 11-19-2009, 01:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
flashed this rom, couldnt get hotmail set up. tried using the DCD carrier cab, no dice. hard reset, dcd carrier cab, still couldnt set up my hotmail. I'd put in the email and pass, but live would just close, and then pop up again a minute later from the beginning. Gonna go with something else, although this looks pretty.
You have to go into the internet folder and click on marketplace and download the new windows live and it'll set up fine. This is a known issue and this "fix" is also tested. If after downloading this and installing and the problem persists make sure you disable HTC Sense if that is what you are using then repeat setting up your account.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:24 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
You have to go into the internet folder and click on marketplace and download the new windows live and it'll set up fine. This is a known issue and this "fix" is also tested. If after downloading this and installing and the problem persists make sure you disable HTC Sense if that is what you are using then repeat setting up your account.
I'm pretty sure you can skip the trip to the marketplace and just disable Sense to set up your first Hotmail account. When you re-enable Sense, the Hotmail Account will be displayed on the Mail Tab. ...the second hotmail account needs ot be set up using a specific process, so def check out my step-by-step.

There are instructions in the appropriate thread in my sig for getting email set up properly on this ROM. I have Outlook, 2 Hotmail, and 2 Gmail Accounts working fine.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 11-19-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

spiralspirit is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
maybe you should search the thread for anyone else having the problem & a potential fix.. or you could just go with something else.. GR
thank you everyone who replied.

I used to try searching through the threads, but sadly the massive size and the rate of growth of these threads makes searching frustrating and largely futile, since its a compendium of discussions form release 1 till now.

I installed the other sense rom on this board and its working quite well, and seems faster than this release.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Programatix over at XDA has updated his Interceptor program to version 3 which replaces the posfix currently in NRG's 23xxx M2.5 series ROM. ONLY FOR 23XXX series ROM's. If you are unfamiliar install and then check your photo and music tab in landscape.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=941

If you have an earlier version installed perform a search for "Interceptor" (without quotes) and remove all instances of Interceptor.exe and Interceptor.lnk before you install to ensure that you don't have any earlier versions floating around.

I haven't tested the new version for very long but there were issues with the R2 and placing a link to the program on the home screen allowed for easy fixing if manila got positioned incorrectly. This can occur from time to time and even after a soft reset. In order to do this create a shortcut to the interceptor.exe and place it in the startmenu folder in windows. Then you can add the link on the home page. Click once to terminate interceptor and click again to re-enable. This will fix the manila position.

If you have not installed previously you must remove the posfix.exe file in the windows\startup folder. I suggest moving it to a safe location in case you want to revert back.

Tried the fix posted earlier for the ringer (turning on the pocket mode) I got some strange behavior. When the phone was asleep I would get no ringer, if I woke the phone up and called it the phone would ring. Been running with it off and ringer still good here.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Programatix Interceptor R3.cab (8.6 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ahuskins; 11-19-2009 at 02:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

BTW, Da_G has posted a new WM build 28002 WM 6.5.3 over at XDA. Changes are said to be speed, stability and updates to IE.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:31 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
BTW, Da_G has posted a new WM build 28002 WM 6.5.3 over at XDA. Changes are said to be speed, stability and updates to IE.
...definitely curious to play. I saw the post at XDA. Let's see what NRG cooks up.

I'm wondering when the software packages will finally tax out the processing power of our devices.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:41 PM
N00b

mdsevol is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
...definitely curious to play. I saw the post at XDA. Let's see what NRG cooks up.

I'm wondering when the software packages will finally tax out the processing power of our devices.

DO NOT JINX US THREE! lol, lets hope that day never comes.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:47 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsevol View Post
DO NOT JINX US THREE! lol, lets hope that day never comes.
...haha. I'm pretty confident that we'll be able to use these devices for a while still. I think Manila 2.5 puts a lot of strain on the device with certain mods and features enabled. You can def trim down the impact, but I've noticed more frequent freezes with 2.5, which I attribute to the port coming from a device with better specs.

All in all, again, I'm pretty impressed that we're able to squeeze so much functionality out of this thing. ...but I assume it will eventually get to be similar to when I was rocking my Mogul. I had it configured to do just about anything a TouchPro could do...but I was definitely pushing the device to it's limits.

Stoked to see what the next release holds in store...
Old 11-19-2009, 02:55 PM
N00b

mdsevol is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
...haha. I'm pretty confident that we'll be able to use these devices for a while still. I think Manila 2.5 puts a lot of strain on the device with certain mods and features enabled. You can def trim down the impact, but I've noticed more frequent freezes with 2.5, which I attribute to the port coming from a device with better specs.

All in all, again, I'm pretty impressed that we're able to squeeze so much functionality out of this thing. ...but I assume it will eventually get to be similar to when I was rocking my Mogul. I had it configured to do just about anything a TouchPro could do...but I was definitely pushing the device to it's limits.

Stoked to see what the next release holds in store...
Yea your definately right about the port coming from something with better specs, I guess the biggest being the processor is double ours...and the drivers. Im very excited to see the next few days with what NRG will put out, hopefully we can get back some of the damned Indagroove ROM traders lol...*****S! Ok maybe I cheated a little too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro