PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 03:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
SPRINT SMS DELAY

Just thought I'd throw this out there-Sprint is/was having issues with delays in messaging. I talked to Tech Support who said the issue is resolved (hmmmmm) and root talked to family memebers not on cooked ROMs (what's up with THAT Dude? ) who are seeing delays.
So if you are seeing a delay call Sprint (or your carrier)
cut them some slack...... 350M to be cut, people get lazy u know........
AHAHAHAHAHAH
Old 11-12-2009, 03:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgt_t42 View Post
Has anyone figured out this problem? I get text messages in but all my replies going out are in my outbox and wont go out? I thought it was because I flashed different radios but Im back to the stock radio and I cant send text out still? Help please.
i had this issue too with the build from last week.. i was using mobile shell instead of manila. does that cause outgoing texts not to work? they would sit in my outbox and never send, but i could receive texts.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

robp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
all i was saying was, yes... i want to use htc dialer for manila tab calling
Brother you'll have to forgive me. I was just poking fun at the htc....htc.....wm....htc thing. Just having fun. Errrrrrrrr.....that and maybe a few cold ones has something to do with it. LOLOLOL

Thank god for my Scotch and Irish blood!
Blow'em Up, Shoot'em Down', Make'em ALL Hug The Ground!
Know your rights! Don't let the beaurocrats make your choices. Remember "For the people, by the people"
Old 11-12-2009, 04:02 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Not related to the rom but Sprint has horrible customer service.
Went into the store yesterday and there was a guy standing outside on this cell cursing out Sprint.
Ok but then at the service counter the lady blamed her phone down and said when her service is up next month she will not be using Sprint.

Was there with a girl friend having issues with her phone.
They kept it for an hour and said it was fixed after hard reseting and losing her data.
Soon as we left she called Sprint and it dropped her call.
She called them back and it froze up.

More of us need to work for these carriers.Show them how to get it right.

Maybe we need a big NRG logo and a store!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8nkE View Post
is anyone else having problems flashing EnergyROM_23504_HERMAN_10.Nov.2009_StandardM2.5 using an sd card. I'm getting stuck in the boot screen.
If by "getting stuck in the boot screen" you mean it flashes gray very briefly then dumps you in the tri-color screen, the bootloader is not recognizing the RAPHIMG.nbh file. It actually says "No image file!" or something like that if you can read quickly.

Could be a naming problem, could be SD card problem, could be filesystem fat vs fat32 problem, or other problems. Bottom line, the bootloader can't find the file and it doesn't really tell you why.

Personally I would just do the USB method. I used to do SD all the time from mogul days and never had a problem. For Touch Pro some of my RAPHIMG.nbh will get recognized and some won't. I tried a new SD card freshly formatted to fat32 and various renaming strategies. Didn't work so I didn't feel like playing with it longer when USB method worked fine.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post
No, I left card in, I just hit enter button when it asked me if I wanted to update. and then let RUU on PC do its thing..
What I was trying to convey is to try getting rid of the RAPHIMG.nbh from your SD card on the theory that it could confuse the RUU update procedure.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
ok i have had this problem the last 3 roms. 21864, 23081 and 23504...the phones gives me error message 1012 when trying to update the PRL. i flashed to stock last night and it worked fine. is the dialer not 100% cdma compatible?
Usually you get that error when the phone provisioning gets messed up. Did you do an Update PRI?

Update PRL works fine for me on 21864/2.1/Nov9
Old 11-12-2009, 04:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
This is probably either something really simple I'm overlooking or a bug.

On a fresh install the EZInput keyboard will have an overlay popup that shows you which button you are pressing and if you hold the button a list of alternate values are presented (for example the # buttons)

Every once in a while I'll notice that the overlay popup stops showing up. I can still press and hold the button to get the #s/alternate values, but there is no overlay popup feedback. Not on the initial press and not on the button hold.

Does anyone know what causes this? Is it some setting I'm inadvertently enabling? Is it a bug? What triggers it?

I'm using the Juicy47 keyboard to fix the hardware keyboard symbol problem. If I reinstall the Juicy47 keyboard the popup overlays come back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
The problem still happens and I can't figure out what causes it, but I realized that rebooting would fix the problem. No need to reinstall the Juicy47 keyboard.

I think just the display overlay is not showing up but the actual functionality is still there because I can swipe in the area I think the popup should be and select symbols even though the popup isn't visible.
I finally figured out what triggers this problem so I figured I'd post in case it helps someone else.

Basically whenever I connect the device using USB cable and go through the USB2PC app (the one that lets you select activesync/usbdrive/ics) the soft keyboard (Juicy47 - installed to fix the symbols on the hard keyboard) stops displaying the popup overlay that shows the button you are pressing. The functionality is still there (because I can select the symbols on the # keys swiping where I think the overlay should be), just the overlay popup is gone.

If I just plug in the USB cable and disconnect it before USB2PC starts any of the apps, the keyboard is fine. If I press "Done" and let USB2PC start an app (I tested USB drive and ICS), then the keyboard loses the overlay popup.

Now that I know the trigger, I can live with it because I don't connect the USB cable often. Before it was like a random event so it was more annoying.

Last edited by sfhub; 11-12-2009 at 04:34 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Sprint is having delays for hours on sms.
My mom sent my brother in law a text and it took 24 hours to go through.
Neither of them using modded devices.
Every 3-5 months Sprint gets these massive SMS delays. Then it goes back to being fine for a while.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

T.I. is a n00b

I am sure it has been asked already but 1760 pages of posts is hard to go through. Is there a way i can get the original on screen keyboard with the standard qwerty, htc qwerty, compact qwerty, and the # pad

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro