View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 04:32 AM
sfhub
PPCGeeks Regular

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
This is probably either something really simple I'm overlooking or a bug.

On a fresh install the EZInput keyboard will have an overlay popup that shows you which button you are pressing and if you hold the button a list of alternate values are presented (for example the # buttons)

Every once in a while I'll notice that the overlay popup stops showing up. I can still press and hold the button to get the #s/alternate values, but there is no overlay popup feedback. Not on the initial press and not on the button hold.

Does anyone know what causes this? Is it some setting I'm inadvertently enabling? Is it a bug? What triggers it?

I'm using the Juicy47 keyboard to fix the hardware keyboard symbol problem. If I reinstall the Juicy47 keyboard the popup overlays come back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
The problem still happens and I can't figure out what causes it, but I realized that rebooting would fix the problem. No need to reinstall the Juicy47 keyboard.

I think just the display overlay is not showing up but the actual functionality is still there because I can swipe in the area I think the popup should be and select symbols even though the popup isn't visible.
I finally figured out what triggers this problem so I figured I'd post in case it helps someone else.

Basically whenever I connect the device using USB cable and go through the USB2PC app (the one that lets you select activesync/usbdrive/ics) the soft keyboard (Juicy47 - installed to fix the symbols on the hard keyboard) stops displaying the popup overlay that shows the button you are pressing. The functionality is still there (because I can select the symbols on the # keys swiping where I think the overlay should be), just the overlay popup is gone.

If I just plug in the USB cable and disconnect it before USB2PC starts any of the apps, the keyboard is fine. If I press "Done" and let USB2PC start an app (I tested USB drive and ICS), then the keyboard loses the overlay popup.

Now that I know the trigger, I can live with it because I don't connect the USB cable often. Before it was like a random event so it was more annoying.

Last edited by sfhub; 11-12-2009 at 04:34 AM.