PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 03:15 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Just wanted to say thanks again NRG for your hard work and effort on this rom.
It is one of the best if not the best.

Keep em cooking.

I need to sleep but I find myself hooked on this thread and playing with this rom.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:48 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

My screen so far.
I do like the retracted slider.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint PCS

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post

My screen so far.
very nice, i always loved that HTC start button
Old 08-13-2009, 04:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy

On a side not tho, it looks as if us touch pro users will not get an "official" update to windows mobile 6.5

It appears that Microsoft has mandated that all phones running the OS feature a physical "Start" button.

http://gizmodo.com/5154217/all-windo...l-start-button

that sucks, but was expected
Old 08-13-2009, 04:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...69545&page=825
Explains it better than I can.

We all know you can run undelete on windows and recover deleted files so that tells us that deleting doesn't really delete.
What does work usually is just over writing the problem files with a good working file.
That is why a stock rom helps.
It over writes all the broken files and gives us a fresh start.
Flashing the stock rom still would only do the same thing as flashing the same custom rom twice. I understand wiping the FAT aka hard-reset/clear storage only deletes pointers to files and doesn't actually "wipe" anything, but neither does flashing the stock rom.

I guess NRG's answer that data is sometimes written into the radio portion of the rom so flashing the stock rom (which DOES flash the radio rom) can in fact "wipe" this errant data. So we can end this debate by concluding that you can either flash the stock rom (radio) OR you could just flash another radio.

That makes sense to me, thanks NRG

Like my work? Hit
Old 08-13-2009, 04:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
Flashing the stock rom still would only do the same thing as flashing the same custom rom twice. I understand wiping the FAT aka hard-reset/clear storage only deletes pointers to files and doesn't actually "wipe" anything, but neither does flashing the stock rom.

I guess NRG's answer that data is sometimes written into the radio portion of the rom so flashing the stock rom (which DOES flash the radio rom) can in fact "wipe" this errant data. So we can end this debate by concluding that you can either flash the stock rom (radio) OR you could just flash another radio.

That makes sense to me, thanks NRG
Well without knowing all the details, but from reading what others have written and experiences I have had flashing and getting rid of issues by flashing back to stock or hard-resetting twice its entirely possible that when you flash a rom, stock or custom, the references point to randomly different sections of memory. When you hard reset a rom, stock or custom, the device simply deletes those references and then creates a bunch of new references pointing to randomly different spots in memory. If that is case, its possible that simply flashing a rom may not always re-assign memory correctly. In addition its also likely that different roms, stock or custom, have slightly different write-to-memory lists. Who knows...

The point is there is more than enough documented proof of a double hard-reset or a flash to stock and back to custom resolving a problem. So there must be something to the memory allocation theory...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiyah View Post
Well without knowing all the details, but from reading what others have written and experiences I have had flashing and getting rid of issues by flashing back to stock or hard-resetting twice its entirely possible that when you flash a rom, stock or custom, the references point to randomly different sections of memory. When you hard reset a rom, stock or custom, the device simply deletes those references and then creates a bunch of new references pointing to randomly different spots in memory. If that is case, its possible that simply flashing a rom may not always re-assign memory correctly. In addition its also likely that different roms, stock or custom, have slightly different write-to-memory lists. Who knows...

The point is there is more than enough documented proof of a double hard-reset or a flash to stock and back to custom resolving a problem. So there must be something to the memory allocation theory...
thank you 100x over. seriously. The signed (as in a real release forget anything about locked/unlocked in N/A to this conversation) might very well do other stuff behind the scenes other than what we know about it. Its very likely that something gets written to the portion reserved for the radio, or it could be another area entirely that the stock roms actually write to, or both.

either way, it does "something" and it does work. I personally am just happy we have something to tell people when they cant boot their expensive phone they just bought and their heart sinks?

Anyone remember the first time you thought you bricked a phone? I sure do lol
Old 08-13-2009, 05:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.eremy View Post
On a side not tho, it looks as if us touch pro users will not get an "official" update to windows mobile 6.5

It appears that Microsoft has mandated that all phones running the OS feature a physical "Start" button.

http://gizmodo.com/5154217/all-windo...l-start-button

that sucks, but was expected
Here's to hoping: http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=4771
Old 08-13-2009, 05:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
oh i never stopped hoping! lol

not for our sakes but i have allot of friends with these phones that custom roms are a litte(miles) above their heads. They need to get off winmo 6.1 asap. its about a touch friendly as a rabid squirrel.

I saw that post before, but after seeing the reqs that microsoft has set forth, with the hardware start button and all it kinda sucks.

But who knows, Microsoft is confusing. take a look at the windows mobile 7 reqs...
WM7 Chassis 1 Specification
Core requirements:
Processor: ARM v6+, L2 Cache, VFP, Open GL ES 2.0 graphics HW (QCOM 8k, Nvidia AP15/16* and TI 3430 all meet spec)
Memory: 256MB+ DRAM, 1G+ Flash (at least 512MB fast flash – 5MB/s unbuffered read @4K block size)
Display: WVGA (800×480) or FWVGA (854×480) 3.5” or greater diagonal
Touch: Multi-touch required
Battery: Sufficient to meet Days of Use LTK requirements.
Controls: Start, Back, Send and End are required (soft controls allowed as long as they are always present).

Peripherals:
Camera: 3MP+, flash optional, 2nd camera optional (VGA resolution sufficient)
GPS: aGPS required
Sensors required: Light Sensor, Compass (3 axis, 5 degrees, 100 Hz sample rate), Accelerometer (3 axis, 2mg resolution, 100 Hz sample rate)
USB: High speed required, 20 MB/s transfer rate.
BlueTooth: BT2.1 required, must run MSFT BT stack, CSR BlueCore6 or later recommended.
Wi-Fi: 802.11B/G required, must run MSFT Native Wi-Fi stack, Atheros 6002 or Broadcomm 4325 recommended.
Connectors: Micro USB and 3.5mm Audio required.

Options:
FM tuner: If tuner HW is present it will be detected and supported by the Media application.
Haptics
SD Card (Micro SD recommended)
DPAD, qwerty or 12/20 key keyboards all optional

http://www.intomobile.com/2009/05/12...ents-leak.html
Soft buttons will do this says... but hasnt there always been a start button on screen? LMFAO

Needless to say we will NOT be getting windows mobile 7. I prob wont go for the touch pro 2 either untill windows mobile 7 drops, its sexy as hell and i dont wanna be cought in the "we are deciding if we are gonna screw you or not" blog posts lol

oh wellz, time will tell
Old 08-13-2009, 07:39 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:

My screen so far.
what's the taskbar?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro