PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 01:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Ok, first post in this thread. I have been with ppc for some time now, and have found it easier to just search for what I want, read posts, find out what is new, and figure out myself how to make it work as I have had not so pleasant experinces with threads.

First I would like to say that this is a kick a$$ rom. i have been using it since Energy 3.0 52309 Titanium R2 and have tryed quit a few others but finding myself coming back to here.

I would also like to say that I have not even bothered with keeping up with the thread since I know how to make any rom work on my Pro, even I have to do it manually. I am now on page 50 and it has been a long nite of reading, only about 800 pages to go to catch up with how things are going for others.

So far I have found that I am the only one using a sprint Pro on cricket with this rom. I really love how things are in tabs in start menu instead of a long list of things in no particuler order (sucking). Only probs I have found since EnergyROM HERMAN 20090729 Titanium is no MMS. I can send, but I don't get any. I know it is not my network, my settings, or anything I have done, since I have learned how to do manual settings many moons ago. I have the cricket arcsoft cab, but it sucks. Battery icon stays at 100% even when it's dead and wont stay on, and after pluging in charger, it is gone forever, and with every hack, regedit, or advance config, the sms sys admin sent notice keeps popping up. Which really is anoying when you send a text, put phone in poctet, then sys admin goes off. One can ignore it, but when you get a reply or new msg, "ignore" sticks in your head and you forget to check, so I do my settings manually which gets battery icon working and truly kills sys admin notice. I also get full mms, net, data, evdo, and gps.

Only change I'm not to excited about is putting tweaks inside utilities. I think it should have it's own tab in start menu like before.

I'm going to try the warhawk update, but if mms is still dead, then back to EnergyROM_HERMAN_20090722_Titanium when it did work. This is also a prob on the diamond my wife is using. It was working on caulkuns rom until i changed to energy rom last week, now the mms don't recieve for her either.

I noticed in the posts I did read that many have complained about battery issues. Fix is to find the radio that best works using less battery. Also there was an item that came with most, if not all phones, a wall charger. Times are changing, so are phones. I used to have a nokia about 7 years ago that had calling feture and would last for about 5 days on a charge. Now you have a laptop that fits in your pocket that does everything but the dishes, and the battery really hasn't gotten any bigger to comp the usage. Plug it in a nite when you go to bed.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Anyone else having the problem with the contacts tab where it only dials one number no matter which number you select.. Its not only in the tab either.. it is when using the manilla contacts also.. When i use the default windows dialer everything is fine.. Sorry if this has been addressed already.. I have already applied the contacts patch but apparently that has nothing to do with it
Old 08-13-2009, 02:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
That was an absolutely pointless post.

You don't want to believe that a stock flash will fix the files/settings left on the device from a bad flash or because an installed app caused problems then fine.
A hard reset will NOT always clean the device. That is a fact.
I have had a custom act up and a simple hard reset on that rom caused more problems.
Try and tell me that a hard reset is all that is needed. LOL
So if what you are saying, why even do a hard reset after a new flash?

If say you want to flash the same custom rom over a failed custom rom install it may work better. IDK

But to make the device fresh and error free a stock flash is best before a new custom rom.

If you want to post helpful info then please do but to start acting like an infant and rant about what is the best way to make the device compatible is childish.

If these methods are not needed for you then GO YOU!
If you are one of the people that seem to always have ghost problems after a new flash then what a few of us are suggesting may do the trick.

Why come in and criticize someone for offering methods that we know our selfs work?
If your post helped someone then great but all I saw was rants and *****ing about a few extra steps in the flashing process.
If it does nothing then it does nothing but if it works ( works for myself and others ) why tell other people not to do it?
I do NOT mean to fan the flames here, I am legitimately curious about this "flash to stock" logic... The "stock" rom is just an nbh like any other rom, if you change the exe to a rar you'll see it's simply a self extracting exe with romupdateutility along with an nbh. The fact that it comes with a radio is nothing special, it's easy to add a radio .nb to any rom just like NRG included the initial boot splashscreen as an additional .nb within the .nbh. The fact that the stock rom is signed only means you can flash it without hard-spl, nothing more. If we could obtain the proper certificate you could sign a custom rom and you wouldn't need hard-spl.

Frankly anecdotal evidence isn't enough for me, I just don't see how the stock nbh has any super ability to wipe out "ghost" problems more than a hard-reset after flashing a custom rom would do, or if problems truly exist just reflashing. Again I apologize if I'm causing a stir or derailing this thread, I just want to know where this information comes from apart from "well it worked for me and some other guy".

Like my work? Hit
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

djdafreund is keeping up the good workdjdafreund is keeping up the good work

Man, i WAS using MightyROM and manually installing TP3D2.1 but has some freezes, using BOTH WM6.1 AND 6.5 for some weird reason. I found this and installed this, and LOVE IT now!!! And THANKFULLY it already has the landscape fixes and such inside. One small thing i noticed, is G-Config doesn't seem to be working for me, i push the stylus back in and it sits there, not allowing me to white board add Manila to rotate. I suppose i can use gyrator2 again, but would rather not resort to installing an extra program that this already does. Any word?? Thanks.. And BIG THANKS was given to making this. I will keep tabs on this thread for future update's and such.
PS-I do honestly like the older white clock buttons, but that's an easy fix noted.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:08 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
Ok, first post in this thread. I have been with ppc for some time now, and have found it easier to just search for what I want, read posts, find out what is new, and figure out myself how to make it work as I have had not so pleasant experinces with threads.

First I would like to say that this is a kick a$$ rom. i have been using it since Energy 3.0 52309 Titanium R2 and have tryed quit a few others but finding myself coming back to here.

I would also like to say that I have not even bothered with keeping up with the thread since I know how to make any rom work on my Pro, even I have to do it manually. I am now on page 50 and it has been a long nite of reading, only about 800 pages to go to catch up with how things are going for others.

So far I have found that I am the only one using a sprint Pro on cricket with this rom. I really love how things are in tabs in start menu instead of a long list of things in no particuler order (sucking). Only probs I have found since EnergyROM HERMAN 20090729 Titanium is no MMS. I can send, but I don't get any. I know it is not my network, my settings, or anything I have done, since I have learned how to do manual settings many moons ago. I have the cricket arcsoft cab, but it sucks. Battery icon stays at 100% even when it's dead and wont stay on, and after pluging in charger, it is gone forever, and with every hack, regedit, or advance config, the sms sys admin sent notice keeps popping up. Which really is anoying when you send a text, put phone in poctet, then sys admin goes off. One can ignore it, but when you get a reply or new msg, "ignore" sticks in your head and you forget to check, so I do my settings manually which gets battery icon working and truly kills sys admin notice. I also get full mms, net, data, evdo, and gps.

Only change I'm not to excited about is putting tweaks inside utilities. I think it should have it's own tab in start menu like before.

I'm going to try the warhawk update, but if mms is still dead, then back to EnergyROM_HERMAN_20090722_Titanium when it did work. This is also a prob on the diamond my wife is using. It was working on caulkuns rom until i changed to energy rom last week, now the mms don't recieve for her either.

I noticed in the posts I did read that many have complained about battery issues. Fix is to find the radio that best works using less battery. Also there was an item that came with most, if not all phones, a wall charger. Times are changing, so are phones. I used to have a nokia about 7 years ago that had calling feture and would last for about 5 days on a charge. Now you have a laptop that fits in your pocket that does everything but the dishes, and the battery really hasn't gotten any bigger to comp the usage. Plug it in a nite when you go to bed.
If you want the tweaks moved from utils to the start menu why not just move it using Total Commander?
Go into the folder and copy/move the icons you want moved.
Move folder or make a new one inside the windows programs start menu.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:28 AM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
I do NOT mean to fan the flames here, I am legitimately curious about this "flash to stock" logic... The "stock" rom is just an nbh like any other rom, if you change the exe to a rar you'll see it's simply a self extracting exe with romupdateutility along with an nbh. The fact that it comes with a radio is nothing special, it's easy to add a radio .nb to any rom just like NRG included the initial boot splashscreen as an additional .nb within the .nbh. The fact that the stock rom is signed only means you can flash it without hard-spl, nothing more. If we could obtain the proper certificate you could sign a custom rom and you wouldn't need hard-spl.

Frankly anecdotal evidence isn't enough for me, I just don't see how the stock nbh has any super ability to wipe out "ghost" problems more than a hard-reset after flashing a custom rom would do, or if problems truly exist just reflashing. Again I apologize if I'm causing a stir or derailing this thread, I just want to know where this information comes from apart from "well it worked for me and some other guy".
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...69545&page=825
Explains it better than I can.

I have had problems with many issues after just flashing over a custom rom.
Issues many people say they do not have so I started thinking that something must be getting left behind that is causing the problem.
I recently flashed to a custom rom and then had errors with the clock and keypad.
Hard reset caused more of a mess so that alone tells me that a hard reset isn't alone going to fix all problems.

Ever install Windows over the top of Windows and have errors occur?
Same thing applies here.

We all know you can run undelete on windows and recover deleted files so that tells us that deleting doesn't really delete.
What does work usually is just over writing the problem files with a good working file.
That is why a stock rom helps.
It over writes all the broken files and gives us a fresh start.

So while some say it doesn't work, others say it does.
I have found out for myself it does.

Didn't mean to start a flame war here.
What I was trying to do was help the people that keep having issues that no one else seems to have.
I believe those issues can be usually fixed by flashing the stock rom to over write the problem areas.

If you never have any issues then obviously you would never have to do these extra steps.
Personally, I have had a few issues that caused me problems that made no real since and I got tired of searching through the registry and running this fix or that fix when a simple stock rom cured most of the problems.

What I was trying to do is cut down so many questions in this thread that can easily be fixed by a clean stock flash.
I have had nearly zero problems since I started doing this.

Only problems I have now are known issues with current builds that many others have.

Anyway, I am out of the debate.
Do what works for you.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:38 AM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8Ways View Post
I think this is what your looking for...

First post on the below link... It's 2 cabs... Wish I could combine them to one but it still works...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...69545&page=770

perfect !
Old 08-13-2009, 03:01 AM
The Rootinator

How does that work in say the settings tab?
Can you click to bring up the tab or does it click on the mail setup or something?
It looks good but how useful is it compared to problems it may cause in the tabs?

Have not tried it yet.
I do have it in retracted mode but not hidden.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:06 AM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamynzNPearlz View Post
This ROM has definitely become one of the most popular...ive never seen a thread move this fast. LOL

Me neither! All you guys need to slow down! I can't keep up! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by roykarpiuk View Post
I have used this rom for the last 2 months (flashing the new version every week) and I love it. I'm getting my TP2 from T-mobile tomorrow . Are we going to have an EnergyROM for the TP2?
Hell yeah! I got one too :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgj View Post
WOW...lucky for you a TP2!!! Sprint is not far behind I bet...
Not at all. I got a "test" Sprint ROM for the rhodium right here. So.. it's coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaggo82 View Post
NRG,

Dude, I am totally digging your cdma roms...so glad you came over to work on them. I love tweakin my TP. The only thing I, like many TP owners am not a fan of is the battery life. Hey, any thoughts of a joint effort with mighty or juicy?

Thanks again, you do some really good work and it is very appreciated?
I think juicy and mighty will most likely want to kill me, rather than "collaborate". I think I'm on their turf and they dont like it. Oh well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallan37 View Post
I basically have been using the 2 main "WM 6.5 other ROMS" since I got my phone and have never been 100% happy with them, so I decided to try Energy.

I just want to say that I am really happy with the features, performance, and general functionality of this ROM, I am really impressed at how stable it is for a WM6.5 ROM, I have not had any major issues with it, and I congratulate the master chef that cooked it up for all of us.

Of course, I will post here if I find anything wrong with it, but after 3 days I am a happy camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post

Well I believe it's mostly because the stock ROM also writes the radio code while flashing. Sometimes, it just so happens that data gets written in the radio "memory space". When that happens, no matter what ROM you put in, somethings just wont work properly until the radio software gets flashed again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdafreund View Post
Man, i WAS using MightyROM and manually installing TP3D2.1 but has some freezes, using BOTH WM6.1 AND 6.5 for some weird reason. I found this and installed this, and LOVE IT now!!! And THANKFULLY it already has the landscape fixes and such inside. One small thing i noticed, is G-Config doesn't seem to be working for me, i push the stylus back in and it sits there, not allowing me to white board add Manila to rotate. I suppose i can use gyrator2 again, but would rather not resort to installing an extra program that this already does. Any word?? Thanks.. And BIG THANKS was given to making this. I will keep tabs on this thread for future update's and such.
PS-I do honestly like the older white clock buttons, but that's an easy fix noted.

You guys seriously have to slow down! LOL I cant keep up with 10-20 pages a day.. especially when I have to catch up on all my other threads... :P

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint PCS

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Well I believe it's mostly because the stock ROM also writes the radio code while flashing. Sometimes, it just so happens that data gets written in the radio "memory space". When that happens, no matter what ROM you put in, somethings just wont work properly until the radio software gets flashed again.
thanked and

+1

I wish i could of worded it that well in that short of space, i rambled on for an hour lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro