View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 02:01 AM
psyki
VIP Member

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
That was an absolutely pointless post.

You don't want to believe that a stock flash will fix the files/settings left on the device from a bad flash or because an installed app caused problems then fine.
A hard reset will NOT always clean the device. That is a fact.
I have had a custom act up and a simple hard reset on that rom caused more problems.
Try and tell me that a hard reset is all that is needed. LOL
So if what you are saying, why even do a hard reset after a new flash?

If say you want to flash the same custom rom over a failed custom rom install it may work better. IDK

But to make the device fresh and error free a stock flash is best before a new custom rom.

If you want to post helpful info then please do but to start acting like an infant and rant about what is the best way to make the device compatible is childish.

If these methods are not needed for you then GO YOU!
If you are one of the people that seem to always have ghost problems after a new flash then what a few of us are suggesting may do the trick.

Why come in and criticize someone for offering methods that we know our selfs work?
If your post helped someone then great but all I saw was rants and *****ing about a few extra steps in the flashing process.
If it does nothing then it does nothing but if it works ( works for myself and others ) why tell other people not to do it?
I do NOT mean to fan the flames here, I am legitimately curious about this "flash to stock" logic... The "stock" rom is just an nbh like any other rom, if you change the exe to a rar you'll see it's simply a self extracting exe with romupdateutility along with an nbh. The fact that it comes with a radio is nothing special, it's easy to add a radio .nb to any rom just like NRG included the initial boot splashscreen as an additional .nb within the .nbh. The fact that the stock rom is signed only means you can flash it without hard-spl, nothing more. If we could obtain the proper certificate you could sign a custom rom and you wouldn't need hard-spl.

Frankly anecdotal evidence isn't enough for me, I just don't see how the stock nbh has any super ability to wipe out "ghost" problems more than a hard-reset after flashing a custom rom would do, or if problems truly exist just reflashing. Again I apologize if I'm causing a stir or derailing this thread, I just want to know where this information comes from apart from "well it worked for me and some other guy".

Like my work? Hit
This post has been thanked 3 times.