View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 01:52 AM
jpwhre
Almost a VIP

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Ok, first post in this thread. I have been with ppc for some time now, and have found it easier to just search for what I want, read posts, find out what is new, and figure out myself how to make it work as I have had not so pleasant experinces with threads.

First I would like to say that this is a kick a$$ rom. i have been using it since Energy 3.0 52309 Titanium R2 and have tryed quit a few others but finding myself coming back to here.

I would also like to say that I have not even bothered with keeping up with the thread since I know how to make any rom work on my Pro, even I have to do it manually. I am now on page 50 and it has been a long nite of reading, only about 800 pages to go to catch up with how things are going for others.

So far I have found that I am the only one using a sprint Pro on cricket with this rom. I really love how things are in tabs in start menu instead of a long list of things in no particuler order (sucking). Only probs I have found since EnergyROM HERMAN 20090729 Titanium is no MMS. I can send, but I don't get any. I know it is not my network, my settings, or anything I have done, since I have learned how to do manual settings many moons ago. I have the cricket arcsoft cab, but it sucks. Battery icon stays at 100% even when it's dead and wont stay on, and after pluging in charger, it is gone forever, and with every hack, regedit, or advance config, the sms sys admin sent notice keeps popping up. Which really is anoying when you send a text, put phone in poctet, then sys admin goes off. One can ignore it, but when you get a reply or new msg, "ignore" sticks in your head and you forget to check, so I do my settings manually which gets battery icon working and truly kills sys admin notice. I also get full mms, net, data, evdo, and gps.

Only change I'm not to excited about is putting tweaks inside utilities. I think it should have it's own tab in start menu like before.

I'm going to try the warhawk update, but if mms is still dead, then back to EnergyROM_HERMAN_20090722_Titanium when it did work. This is also a prob on the diamond my wife is using. It was working on caulkuns rom until i changed to energy rom last week, now the mms don't recieve for her either.

I noticed in the posts I did read that many have complained about battery issues. Fix is to find the radio that best works using less battery. Also there was an item that came with most, if not all phones, a wall charger. Times are changing, so are phones. I used to have a nokia about 7 years ago that had calling feture and would last for about 5 days on a charge. Now you have a laptop that fits in your pocket that does everything but the dishes, and the battery really hasn't gotten any bigger to comp the usage. Plug it in a nite when you go to bed.