View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 04:56 AM
J.eremy
PPCGeeks Regular

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiyah View Post
Well without knowing all the details, but from reading what others have written and experiences I have had flashing and getting rid of issues by flashing back to stock or hard-resetting twice its entirely possible that when you flash a rom, stock or custom, the references point to randomly different sections of memory. When you hard reset a rom, stock or custom, the device simply deletes those references and then creates a bunch of new references pointing to randomly different spots in memory. If that is case, its possible that simply flashing a rom may not always re-assign memory correctly. In addition its also likely that different roms, stock or custom, have slightly different write-to-memory lists. Who knows...

The point is there is more than enough documented proof of a double hard-reset or a flash to stock and back to custom resolving a problem. So there must be something to the memory allocation theory...
thank you 100x over. seriously. The signed (as in a real release forget anything about locked/unlocked in N/A to this conversation) might very well do other stuff behind the scenes other than what we know about it. Its very likely that something gets written to the portion reserved for the radio, or it could be another area entirely that the stock roms actually write to, or both.

either way, it does "something" and it does work. I personally am just happy we have something to tell people when they cant boot their expensive phone they just bought and their heart sinks?

Anyone remember the first time you thought you bricked a phone? I sure do lol