PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Richcop is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Richcop Send a message via Yahoo to Richcop Send a message via Skype™ to Richcop
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

I appologize if this is covered but I have tryed searching as well as several things for roaming settings. Yes I did install the latest carier cab for Sprint. I am running Energy Rom Standard just before the latest release ( I think it was the 8th or 11th, just after the refried version). I have only three options, Home only (no roaming), Automatic A and Automatic B, but those just stay on roaming. Is there no setting for Automatic Roaming or am I missing something? Thank you.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond, touch pro, TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: sprint

rogerp is keeping up the good workrogerp is keeping up the good work
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I cant say that I do, the cool thing was I went and test a few other ROMs and restored using Sashimi and it all worked on those ROM too. I have no intention of using them I just wanted to see what there ROMs had cooking. One thing I noticed was my bars for signal strength were the same on those ROMs 3 - 0 bars.

I just setup Sashimi hard reset setup some hard reset I'm almost 100% configured its the darn bluetooth.

sashimi is the neates thing i have ever used it took me a minuite but the file structure is easy to understand and after a butload of reading it is so handy to have for these frequent flashes with keeping the stupp set up how i really like it thank you all for your help and useful thoughts i love this place lol i am a loser
Old 08-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
I could use a hand understanding something I just noticed -- it's probably a carrier (sprint) thing, or maybe a Windows phone thing, or maybe even an HTC thing -- I certainly don't think it's a ROM thing, but anyways it's something I don't understand and I can't seem to search down the answer.

Why can't the network, phone, dialer, other software, or whatever handle a PLUS (+) symbol at the beginning of the phone number? This is just a curiosity, it's not an issue.

Details: I don't add a (+) to my contacts, but Google Voice does, and that's why I am suddenly seeing this happen. If I 'Quick Save' a contact from a call entry on the Google Voice website it adds a PLUS (+) symbol in front of the phone number, which eventually syncs over the air with my phone creating a situation where when I dial that contact it actually dials, for example, +19701234567 -- and then the call fails with two horrible audible 'burps' over the speakerphone speaker after which I get disconnected from the cell network for about 5 seconds. If the same number is dialed without the PLUS (+) -- if I dial or modify the contact to dial 19701234567 -- then it works fine. I bet there is a simple answer that I have failed to find in my searching. I know this is not an EnergyROM thing, but I already know how many savvy minds read this thread, and I figured I would ask here before making a thread somewhere. So, any thoughts?
This is just a total guess, but I remember when I signed my phone up on twitter it wants it in the format of +1909437XXXX, so my thought is this is how those networks know the difference between a landline and a cell. They must have some kind of script or something that sees the + sign and handles is accordingly....but I could be way off base....or, maybe since the + sign is represented by 0, that by dialing 0 is equal to + ???????

Good question though

--Steve

Old 08-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: raphael
Carrier: verizon

neopc10 is a n00b

Quote:
hey folks. I've been running the 8/1 rom (not 2.1 manilla) on my Verizon Touch Pro for a few weeks now and have been having trouble finding a functional background for all tabs cab. The ones I have found have frozen my flipclock or just do not work at all. Can somebody direct me to a cab/solution that will work for keeping the same background on all TF3D tabs?

Also, I do not know much about radios, so I figured it'd be best to ask here. Should I upgrade my radio? I have not, to my knowledge, upgraded mine, using just this 8/1 rom. I'm running on Verizon.

Thanks!
Any insight on this? Haven't been able to find a straight answer that won't screw up my rom.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:55 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post
HKLM>Software/HTC/ezsip>change biotoshowmenu from 0 to 1

Do this reg edit and it will give you what your asking for

I tried this but everytime I changed it... it would just change itself back to 0 on its own.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

austerville is becoming a great contributor

Is anyone else having an issue with email? If I have one email account everything works fine, but after I add a second one I can't seem to get to any of my email messages - the email just freezes. I tried installing the HTC email cab that's listed earlier in this thread and that allowed me to open my inbox, but I couldn't open any of the messages, even after a soft reset. Does anyone have a solution to this?
Old 08-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Hey... HEads up for all us Sashimi users:

LEts try to keep this crazy thread from getting any crazier and keep it to just NRG stuff. I am linking a great thread where we discuss backing up different things to Sashimi. If you make a request we all try to help each other out and get as updated a listing as possible.

THanks in advance!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75214

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
This post has been thanked 1 times.
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richcop View Post
I appologize if this is covered but I have tryed searching as well as several things for roaming settings. Yes I did install the latest carier cab for Sprint. I am running Energy Rom Standard just before the latest release ( I think it was the 8th or 11th, just after the refried version). I have only three options, Home only (no roaming), Automatic A and Automatic B, but those just stay on roaming. Is there no setting for Automatic Roaming or am I missing something? Thank you.
Looky here and install the cab:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=6358
This post has been thanked 1 times.
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

The panoramic background cab works but I have not yet found a way to wallpaper on all tabs.
That is actually something I have been working on today.
Trying to make my own workaround with no luck yet.

As for Radio, just download the most current one for your network or try any really.
I am using the latest Sprint radio and getting much better battery life.
You can always flash back to a stock radio for your network.
Trial and error my friend.

Good luck.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:02 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austerville View Post
Is anyone else having an issue with email? If I have one email account everything works fine, but after I add a second one I can't seem to get to any of my email messages - the email just freezes. I tried installing the HTC email cab that's listed earlier in this thread and that allowed me to open my inbox, but I couldn't open any of the messages, even after a soft reset. Does anyone have a solution to this?
Mine did that once also.
Again I will say that is a fluke that a Stock flash can fix.
I tried a hard reset and it did not fix it.

I bet you can open the default email and nothing else right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro