PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 63009 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope View Post
+1 on the screen lock up. Have redownloaded and reflashed 3 times from 2 different pc's "once via sd card". Screen goes off and doesn't come on without a manual restart. Read the post about the battery, so i had a spare one at home. Swapped them out, did a hard reset, no installed apps or mods, and within 4 hours it locked up.... not complaining, this is by far the best rom and i have ran them all since the first. Thanks for your hard work NRGZ.
Have you tried flashing back to the stock ROM, hardset, flash the 0705 build, hardset? I'm just curious. I don't have have the lock up problem at all, and this is the first time I wen't through that sequence before flashing. If you have time give it a try and see if that cures it.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
Have you tried flashing back to the stock ROM, hardset, flash the 0705 build, hardset? I'm just curious. I don't have have the lock up problem at all, and this is the first time I wen't through that sequence before flashing. If you have time give it a try and see if that cures it.
I don't know if welrope went through the procedure you asked him about here but myself and others with the issue definitely have, and without results in this case. From reading this and other Build 23003 ROM threads where this issue has been reported, my own opinion is that it seems likely to happen (when it happens at all) irrespective of flash method, number of flashes, flashing stock first, extra hard resets, soft resets, re-download and re-installs, whether you install extra apps or leave it as cooked...Some have claimed success at eliminating this problem with one 'method' or another, but I don't think a true solution has been found yet for the end-user...
Old 07-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloway21 View Post
LOVE THE NEW ROM, BUT WHEN YOU OPEN UP THE CALL HISTORY THE THE LETTERS SEEM TO SCRAMBLE, THE ON-SCREEN QWERTY KEEPS POPPING UP AND I HAVE TO KEEP SETTING IT BACK TO THE KEYBOARD FUNCTION. I LOVE THE FACT THAT NO SPRINT PROVISIONING FILES WERE NEEDED THOUGH. GREAT WORK !!! ANY FIX FOR THE OTHER THINGS ???
i'm getting the scrambled call history too when i start scrolling down my list, and my sip keeps popping up even with keyboard slid out but as soon as i hit a key itll go away so its not that major...

..it seems like with every build we get a big bug that bugs us all, last version it was the vibrating keys, this time its the tired phone that doesnt want to wake up from it's sleep, someone gave this rom too much nyquil extra strength

Old 07-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

jwbmmqtg is a n00b

More Problem;

I also have problem with powering up after the phone goes to sleep. It also shuts off completely by itself. While the Rom is great, this is a pretty big issue, since the phone is not usable once it can't be restarted. No calls are recieved either.

In addition to that: Calling from Text message doesn't work. To recreate the problem do this:
1. Recieve a text message with a phone numer included in it
2. click on the phone number
3. A new window opens with the phone number and option to save or call, etc.
4. try to call. Nothing happens.

Thanks again for all your efforts NRG
Old 07-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
I don't know if welrope went through the procedure you asked him about here but myself and others with the issue definitely have, and without results in this case. From reading this and other Build 23003 ROM threads where this issue has been reported, my own opinion is that it seems likely to happen (when it happens at all) irrespective of flash method, number of flashes, flashing stock first, extra hard resets, soft resets, re-download and re-installs, whether you install extra apps or leave it as cooked...Some have claimed success at eliminating this problem with one 'method' or another, but I don't think a true solution has been found yet for the end-user...
I've been following the issue over at XDA, mainly in the 23003 kitchen thread - I think your right. I just thought I would throw that suggestion out and see if it would help for him.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

JLSS is a n00b

***Not waking up from sleep... POSSIBLE CURE...

Well for a day or so I had no probs on 7/5 build, then I started having the sleep issue earlier today. A soft reset brings back to life. But, it was getting progressively worse!

I recalled seeing a post here several pages back about battery polling being set at 20000 in the registry on the 6/30 version. I opened the regedit and found it. On the 7/5 version it is set to 500 (poster said it was 5000). I took a chance and set to 2000, so far no more sleep issues and that was 8 hours ago.

Try it!

J
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

jmilch is a n00b

Is there any special way to access the ##debug# menu when this rom is loaded? I am trying to see some basic radio information but I cant get the ##data# or ##debug# menu's to work
Old 07-07-2009, 01:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,Mogul,Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

junior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to junior1234
Wink Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 63009 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilch View Post
Is there any special way to access the ##debug# menu when this rom is loaded? I am trying to see some basic radio information but I cant get the ##data# or ##debug# menu's to work

my device/windows/epst
Old 07-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gonnaget2you is just getting started
Question Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 63009 ||

whats the code?? TIA
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,Mogul,Diamond

junior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to junior1234
Wink Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 63009 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaget2you View Post
whats the code?? TIA
000000 FOR ALLTEL not sure for other carriers

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro