View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 04:32 AM
psyki
VIP Member

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...69545&page=825
Explains it better than I can.

We all know you can run undelete on windows and recover deleted files so that tells us that deleting doesn't really delete.
What does work usually is just over writing the problem files with a good working file.
That is why a stock rom helps.
It over writes all the broken files and gives us a fresh start.
Flashing the stock rom still would only do the same thing as flashing the same custom rom twice. I understand wiping the FAT aka hard-reset/clear storage only deletes pointers to files and doesn't actually "wipe" anything, but neither does flashing the stock rom.

I guess NRG's answer that data is sometimes written into the radio portion of the rom so flashing the stock rom (which DOES flash the radio rom) can in fact "wipe" this errant data. So we can end this debate by concluding that you can either flash the stock rom (radio) OR you could just flash another radio.

That makes sense to me, thanks NRG

Like my work? Hit