PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 04:51 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
@Threefaces; I was checking out your guides and they seem very helpful.

Needless to say that I look foward to a guide on how to tweak Manila 2.5
I want to add favorities pages I have bookmarked under Opera 9.5 but when I tap "add page" they only pages I could add, are from Internet explorer.
This minor problem is the only issue I've had thus far. Everything else works great.
I love the Energy ROM and would recommend it to anyone (along with a donation to the chef)

Anyways, thanks everyone for your help. And sorry if this post is somewhat off topic.
Thanks dude.

...yea, the more we get into these 2.5 builds, the more I'll add to the Guide. It's a process.

In the meantime, while those bookmarks may be from Internet Explorer, they will launch in Opera if you link them there. Two options for now would be to go into IE and set all of the bookmark pages you want, then set them in Sense for use with Opera.

Or select "Add Favorite" and create a bookmark that way, by typing in the address to the website you want a shortcut for. Again, it will launch in Opera.

Let me know if that works for you.

EDIT: just added it to the Guide in the Other Stuff section.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 11-09-2009 at 04:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Some of us are still playing around with this...I can't seem to replicate the problem, so it's hard to tell what exactly is causing the issue and how best to fix it or have others avoid doing whatever is being done.

My set up for ringers is very simple. I use Vibrate then Ring with a single custom ringtone for all incoming calls. I also have a very specific configuration for all of my notifications.

I started using Keep My Tones [linked in my Thread and Guide in my sig]. It's a simple program that lets you set up your sounds and notifications, then back up an image file that can be saved the storage card and restored after a flash.

For this 2.5 ROM, I did as I normally would...Keep My Tones was installed, then I simply restored my backup. All of my settings have held and I test my phone whenever someone posts this as a problem. ...still ringing as it should.

Most folks seem to think that Sense is somehow causing the problem and many sad that they could set their ringers with Sense turned off and the config would stick.

I think that setting the ringers or sounds in Sense could be the issue...or there's something more to the story that we're missing.

My BEST recommendation would be to, if it's a serious problem, roll back to a version of the ROM that works or go to a stock rom...install Keep MY Tones and create a backup file. Reinstall the new ROM with 2.5 and restore your sounds an dnotifications that way to see if it's any better.

...has anyone done that and still run into errors/issues?

2.5 is still in the early stages for us VGA guys, so there are going to be some strange quirks until all of the bugs get ironed out. I'd recommend the 10/28 build as super fast and super stable if you're looking for an NRG alternative to 2.5.
Just because you can't replicate, doesn't mean it's not there ok??????
HAHAHAHA, i'm just playing. Both winmo and I have confirmed that no matter what you do, turning off the HTC sense then SR is the key to make the ring tones come back. I guess Threeface is just the lucky kid here. I've also noticed that whenever you do anything mod wise to the tf3d, it will throw off the ringtones. maybe you need to put the ring tone fix in the thread.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

likeminas is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Thanks dude.

In the meantime, while those bookmarks may be from Internet Explorer, they will launch in Opera if you link them there. Two options for now would be to go into IE and set all of the bookmark pages you want, then set them in Sense for use with Opera.
Sorry for the noob question, but how would you do that?

Thank you for your help.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:58 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I added favs one at a time on the tab and they open Opera with no problem.
That would probably change only if you setup another browser as default.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:04 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
HAHAHAHA, i'm just playing. Both winmo and I have confirmed that no matter what you do, turning off the HTC sense then SR is the key to make the ring tones come back. I guess Threeface is just the lucky kid here. I've also noticed that whenever you do anything mod wise to the tf3d, it will throw off the ringtones. maybe you need to put the ring tone fix in the thread.
...dude, Perfect ROM Club...this guy, right here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Sorry for the noob question, but how would you do that?

Thank you for your help.
First way is super easy - Got o the Internet Tab and click on the shortcut box and select "Add Favorite", then manually enter in your desired shortcut...like www.ppcgeeks.com. It will set the shortcut on the Tab and will launch in Opera.

Second requires a bit more work. Got o START-INTERNET-Internet Explorer. Navigate to the page you'd like to bookmark - press the little circley icon on the bottom right [brings up the other softkeys] - hit the icon that looks like a star - and hit "Add Favorite". It will take you to another page that has all of the info for that page filled out. Check the info and press "Done". It shoudl be added to yoru bookmarks. When you've added all you want, exit out of IE.

Now go back to your Internet Tab and press on a shortcut link...it should pull up that same display, with your new bookmarks available. Set what you wish.

All of these linked into the Internet Tab will launch in Opera not IE.

...glory, my friends. Glory.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

@Rootlinux, I knew that could be done. I just thought there was a tweak or faster way of doing such a tedius task. but oh, well I guess I'll do it that way.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks ThreeFaces, you're the man.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

[QUOTE=ThreeFaces;1312939]...dude, Perfect ROM Club...this guy, right here.

HAHAHAHA, =D> there's a perfect rom club that I didn't know about?
Old 11-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Not so fast Kemo Sabe
While that process brings the ringer back I still get it to fail.
Today=ringer fail, turn off Sense, SR, Select new tone, enable Sense. Worked---for awhile, then failed again. So as the saying goes that fix is not Guide Worthy IMO.
I used to be in the PRC
This has become my White Whale. Arrrggghhh!
Tests continue....

Edit-Question to the Room-
Does anyone have Multiple Custom Ringers set-ie one for Default, one for your Girl, one for your OTHER girl - and NOT have the ringer failure? I know Three's set up is stable so I'm looking for a different stable set up to test. Thanks.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-09-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Not so fast Kemo Sabe
While that process brings the ringer back I still get it to fail.
Today=ringer fail, turn off Sense, SR, Select new tone, enable Sense. Worked---for awhile, then failed again. So as the saying goes that fix is not Guide Worthy IMO.
I used to be in the PRC
This has become my White Whale. Arrrggghhh!
Tests continue....

Edit-Question to the Room-
Does anyone have Multiple Custom Ringers set-ie one for Default, one for your Girl, one for your OTHER girl - and NOT have the ringer failure? I know Three's set up is stable so I'm looking for a different stable set up to test. Thanks.
AHAHAH, I used to be the ultimate perfectionist. BUt........ the hack with that these days. I do have multiple MP3 ringtones set up for different people. And YES, mine does fail every now and then. I still can't pin point what the causes are yet.
It doesn't bother me that much unless I'm looking at my phone and I see a call coming in but it doesn't vibrate or ring.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro