PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 03:33 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shred_head View Post
why does NRG do all this anyway?
anybody know?
Why do any of us do this? ...for the chicks, man...the chicks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:38 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

LOL @ three
Old 11-09-2009, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

supasanch24 is keeping up the good worksupasanch24 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

So what is the best fix for the phone not ringing on incoming calls?
Old 11-09-2009, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X ---Verizon
Carrier: verizon

166486 is becoming a great contributor

after flashing the Nov 5 rom .... i notice that my battery drains really fast ... any one has any solutions?

thanks
Model: Touch Pro (Verizon)
Old 11-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by supasanch24 View Post
turn off htc sense - soft rest - make all the changes or reload from keey my tones - turn on htc sense
Old 11-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 166486 View Post
after flashing the Nov 5 rom .... i notice that my battery drains really fast ... any one has any solutions?

thanks
Check the help guide from Three face. He got some battery mods and programs to help you prolong the battery life. The thread is in his signature.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X ---Verizon
Carrier: verizon

166486 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Check the help guide from Three face. He got some battery mods and programs to help you prolong the battery life. The thread is in his signature.

will do, thanks
Old 11-09-2009, 04:23 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supasanch24 View Post
Some of us are still playing around with this...I can't seem to replicate the problem, so it's hard to tell what exactly is causing the issue and how best to fix it or have others avoid doing whatever is being done.

My set up for ringers is very simple. I use Vibrate then Ring with a single custom ringtone for all incoming calls. I also have a very specific configuration for all of my notifications.

I started using Keep My Tones [linked in my Thread and Guide in my sig]. It's a simple program that lets you set up your sounds and notifications, then back up an image file that can be saved the storage card and restored after a flash.

For this 2.5 ROM, I did as I normally would...Keep My Tones was installed, then I simply restored my backup. All of my settings have held and I test my phone whenever someone posts this as a problem. ...still ringing as it should.

Most folks seem to think that Sense is somehow causing the problem and many sad that they could set their ringers with Sense turned off and the config would stick.

I think that setting the ringers or sounds in Sense could be the issue...or there's something more to the story that we're missing.

My BEST recommendation would be to, if it's a serious problem, roll back to a version of the ROM that works or go to a stock rom...install Keep MY Tones and create a backup file. Reinstall the new ROM with 2.5 and restore your sounds an dnotifications that way to see if it's any better.

...has anyone done that and still run into errors/issues?

2.5 is still in the early stages for us VGA guys, so there are going to be some strange quirks until all of the bugs get ironed out. I'd recommend the 10/28 build as super fast and super stable if you're looking for an NRG alternative to 2.5.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

supasanch24 is keeping up the good worksupasanch24 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Some of us are still playing around with this...I can't seem to replicate the problem, so it's hard to tell what exactly is causing the issue and how best to fix it or have others avoid doing whatever is being done.

My set up for ringers is very simple. I use Vibrate then Ring with a single custom ringtone for all incoming calls. I also have a very specific configuration for all of my notifications.

I started using Keep My Tones [linked in my Thread and Guide in my sig]. It's a simple program that lets you set up your sounds and notifications, then back up an image file that can be saved the storage card and restored after a flash.

For this 2.5 ROM, I did as I normally would...Keep My Tones was installed, then I simply restored my backup. All of my settings have held and I test my phone whenever someone posts this as a problem. ...still ringing as it should.

Most folks seem to think that Sense is somehow causing the problem and many sad that they could set their ringers with Sense turned off and the config would stick.

I think that setting the ringers or sounds in Sense could be the issue...or there's something more to the story that we're missing.

My BEST recommendation would be to, if it's a serious problem, roll back to a version of the ROM that works or go to a stock rom...install Keep MY Tones and create a backup file. Reinstall the new ROM with 2.5 and restore your sounds an dnotifications that way to see if it's any better.

...has anyone done that and still run into errors/issues?

2.5 is still in the early stages for us VGA guys, so there are going to be some strange quirks until all of the bugs get ironed out. I'd recommend the 10/28 build as super fast and super stable if you're looking for an NRG alternative to 2.5.
Thanks for your quick response! I'l give Keep My Tones a try.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

likeminas is just getting started

@Threefaces; I was checking out your guides and they seem very helpful.

Needless to say that I look foward to a guide on how to tweak Manila 2.5
I want to add favorities pages I have bookmarked under Opera 9.5 but when I tap "add page" they only pages I could add, are from Internet explorer.
This minor problem is the only issue I've had thus far. Everything else works great.
I love the Energy ROM and would recommend it to anyone (along with a donation to the chef)

Anyways, thanks everyone for your help. And sorry if this post is somewhat off topic.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro