View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 04:23 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by supasanch24 View Post
So what is the best fix for the phone not ringing on incoming calls?
Some of us are still playing around with this...I can't seem to replicate the problem, so it's hard to tell what exactly is causing the issue and how best to fix it or have others avoid doing whatever is being done.

My set up for ringers is very simple. I use Vibrate then Ring with a single custom ringtone for all incoming calls. I also have a very specific configuration for all of my notifications.

I started using Keep My Tones [linked in my Thread and Guide in my sig]. It's a simple program that lets you set up your sounds and notifications, then back up an image file that can be saved the storage card and restored after a flash.

For this 2.5 ROM, I did as I normally would...Keep My Tones was installed, then I simply restored my backup. All of my settings have held and I test my phone whenever someone posts this as a problem. ...still ringing as it should.

Most folks seem to think that Sense is somehow causing the problem and many sad that they could set their ringers with Sense turned off and the config would stick.

I think that setting the ringers or sounds in Sense could be the issue...or there's something more to the story that we're missing.

My BEST recommendation would be to, if it's a serious problem, roll back to a version of the ROM that works or go to a stock rom...install Keep MY Tones and create a backup file. Reinstall the new ROM with 2.5 and restore your sounds an dnotifications that way to see if it's any better.

...has anyone done that and still run into errors/issues?

2.5 is still in the early stages for us VGA guys, so there are going to be some strange quirks until all of the bugs get ironed out. I'd recommend the 10/28 build as super fast and super stable if you're looking for an NRG alternative to 2.5.
This post has been thanked 1 times.