PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Raphael)
Carrier: Alltel or Verizon now...

GatorsUF is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vestaviajag View Post
What build are you on? Happened to me on 21XXX Nov4 Rev2. I flashed to 21XXX Nov5 and it works again. I think it was a bug on the Nov4 build, remember seeing others with the same issue. I don't know how they fixed it though, but sounds like the same thing that happened to them and me. I just fixed it by flashing to Nov5.
I have the Nov5th build...
Old 11-06-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint

rjc02648 is a n00b
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Dude, is there ANY way you can post the ROM files somewhere other than Hotfile? I can't download anything as it's saying I already am downloading something (and am not) have tried several different browsers, clearing caches, everything.....are there mirrors for these?
Old 11-06-2009, 01:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: alltel

cbmm is a n00b

one problem i see with the latest rom is when you roll over to texting. if you click on the message and open the keyboard, the icon to send the message is missing. the only way i can send a text is by roll over to text, open the keyboard and touch all messages
Old 11-06-2009, 01:44 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Yeah, but no matter what I do, it simply takes me to the camera with gps tagging. But after that, I have no idea how to make the pictures into a footprint slide. I've played with it, and I hope it's something I don't know not something it doesn't have.
I think it was stated that Footprints does not work properly because it requires the use of a camera that we do not have on our devices...or something to that effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlard View Post
I am so confused with all these version.. which is currently the most stable fully functionally one
The Guide in my sig or Thread will show you how to get Oct 28th working proper. That's the last build that 100% in my opinion. ...but that's only my opinion.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
I have a Tell me cab if you need one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
Yeah, a TellMe cab would be great.
The cab is everywhere, it's getting it to run once you've installed it...
Attached Files
File Type: zip TellmeInstallClient.zip (29.6 KB, 66 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I wasn't feeling any of the Nov. 4th 2.5 releases. As you can tell from the 30+ past pages, it's not a prime time release and therefore wouldn't make too much sense to put together a Guide that would do nothing more than invite TONS of "why doesn't this or that work" emails.

I have been installing them and playing with them...about to test out Nov 5th in a bit. If I can get the phone to a decent functioning stage with workarounds, tweeks, and fixes, I'll do a Guide.

The current Guide is for Oct 28th 23081, which is what I've had on my phone this past week and haven't had a single issue. In my opinion, it's the last release with 100% functionality.

You dudes can install a fresh version fo Opera and likely avoid the conflicts you're getting. ...same for things like MyPhone, Windows Live, etc. If the cooked in version doesn't work, try installing the program seperately to see if that helps.

Just FYI - texts will only send in 1x, not EV or whatever your carrier uses. I noticed that awhile ago and thought it was weird, but it's what's up. If the phone doesn't go into 1x mode, it will not send/recieve texts.

Great suggestion - I thought I'd take a stab at this in the past, but it's near impossible to really get something good going. I set up the Guide Thread instead, but that is a bit limited for now. Typically, when I find a new build to be stabe, I post the steps for configuring it [with links to fixes and such].

We have a VGA screen...the port is from a WVGA device, so things like this will be around until someone puts out an update to the 2.5 port. ...same deal with landscape support. I think 2.1 didn't have landscape for a bit. ...patience.

He's likely cooking in a different soft keyboard...that may be linked to the base builds or something beyond my noob-mind's understanding. We have a fix, so it's not really an issue.

...it's Keep My Tones, and everyone should have this program! Owns.

There are work arounds [using pop settings], or try installing a Windows Live cab.

If I'm understanding correct, when you go to bootloader [the tri-color screen] Active Sync disconnects? Yes, this is expected behavior...I don't knwo why they reference Active Sync in flashing instructions. the important thing is that yo're connected to the PC via USB. In the tri-color screen, the bottom white section should say "USB" to confirm you have a USB connection active. If it says "serial"...this is not good for flashing.

...is Touch Pro Tweeks cooked in still? That's what I use to change up teh softkeys. I'd need to double check it on 2.5.

Keeping your SMS inbox light will dramatically improve speed. It's a pain, but I try to keep it within the few hundred range if I can. Less is better.

Battery life is going to continue to be an issue, especially as more "cool animated features" are running on our ROM. There are all sorts of battery recommendations in the Guide for getting on better footing. ...check it.

OK...let's see if we can get this new 2.5 release gunning. If it's goldy enough for weekend play and i can get the core functionality working, I'll do up a Guide.
THanx for correcting me ........ AGAIN!!!! I know i was wrong people. It's KEEP MY TONES. . HAHAHAHA and about the six quick links, I saw the answer yesterday but thanks anyway. You should definitely try Nov 5 version. much more stable and less bugs.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I wish NRG would release a lite version of his ROMs. Especially the 2.5 ROMs. It would help them run a little better I think. I tried 2.5 on more trimmed ROMs and it seems to run smoother.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 11-06-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsUF View Post
for some reason a lot of my calls are not ringing. I have the volume up and the ringer set to ring/vibrate and a ringtone picked. It just seems to make a tone telling me I missed a call, but it never rang and I sat next to it the whole time...
Try turning off the touch sense under Today, then use "KEEP MY TONES" to restore all your ring setting and so on. It worked for multiple versions now. Then of course you can turn back the touch sense afterwards. I got it right this time THREE FACE AHAHAH
Old 11-06-2009, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Raphael)
Carrier: Alltel or Verizon now...

GatorsUF is just getting started

Anyone know how to fix the issue with my phone not ringing? I have the newest version of the rom (Nov 5th)
Old 11-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsUF View Post
Anyone know how to fix the issue with my phone not ringing? I have the newest version of the rom (Nov 5th)
just replied you a few posts back.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro