PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 02:13 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
I have 21864. It wasnt too laggy when i first flashed then I ran sprite to restore only my contacts and messages then WHAM, monster lag
Ah, would you by chance have a lot of messages? Someone else posted recently that when the loaded their SMS (2000+!!) is slowed things down. Maybe clean up messages a bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.a View Post
a couple of things i noticed...
-cannot access last couple of icons in programs list bcuz theyre behind the back bar
-if youre texting back n forth for abit, you cant view the newest ones bcuz theyre behind the send/input bar.
-youtube works for some but i get no sound if i access youtube through link in program list. when using opera for youtube, flash player needed msg appears.

gonna keep testing and look for some workarounds
+1 on the Programs list. For me just the last two, can scroll them into view but when you let go they drop back down. Easy fix-erase two programs you dont want jk
The SMS field is "scrollable" would a finger flick help?
Had youtube working earlier but now it's down, nothing but contacts added, strange.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

shred_head is a n00b
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

ya i still can't send with the keyboard out
Old 11-06-2009, 02:21 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

really? I never knew sms had an affect on speed. I have 6000+ and was never an issue on other roms. Can it be something else? Should I give it a few hours and let all of the msgs settle? I found that if I left the phone alone for a while the phone became snappy again (again with other roms).

Last edited by aman1127; 11-06-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:22 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrm9 View Post
I have just figured something out and dont know if it was talked about yet but.. if u open keyboard before u start texting @ the all messages screen the send key will be there .... but if u start texting and then open keyboard the send key is pushed off screen. so if u want to reply or compose a new message open keyboard first then select person u wanna message or compose new then send button will be there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shred_head View Post
yes it is there in portrait, in landscape with keyboard out, it's gone, just a large white text entry box
Ok, I originally agreed Jack but I just soft reset to check youtube (btw now works with sound right after a SR) and then you posted so I went back to messaging and my Send icon is staying put this time, so I dunno. Just to clarify-which build (I assume your sig isnt updated) and we are talking about texting from manial?

Um...did anyone else notice I quoted nrgz and he appeared, next post?! Freaky! [whispers] It's like he KNOWS!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

shred_head is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Ok, I originally agreed Jack but I just soft reset to check youtube (btw now works with sound right after a SR) and then you posted so I went back to messaging and my Send icon is staying put this time, so I dunno. Just to clarify-which build (I assume your sig isnt updated) and we are talking about texting from manial?

Um...did anyone else notice I quoted nrgz and he appeared, next post?! Freaky! [whispers] It's like he KNOWS!
Using the November 5th 21864, and i'll go to the sms tab in manilla, click on a message (to reply to it), open up the keyboard, and just the large white text box with no send button or other buttons, not available in the menu options either....the text box doesn't take up the whole screen however....i can see some other messages about the box
Old 11-06-2009, 02:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

erockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
really? I never knew sms had an affect on speed. I have 6000+ and was never an issue on other roms. Can it be something else?
ya idk what the issue was, but as soon as i removed half of the msgs sms worked flawlessly
Old 11-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
really? I never knew sms had an affect on speed. I have 6000+ and was never an issue on other roms. Can it be something else?
Um, I suppose it could be something else but I'm going to go with the Insane Amount Of SMS Theory.
Other ROM's or not- I just gotta ask-why do you have 6000+ texts on your phone?! Pure curiosity, not criticism.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor

GREAT NEWS! Got the MMS to work for the November 5 ROM for USCC Touch Pro's Not sure if this will also work for other carrier but here's how I did it:

You will need to install the Remove Picture mail cab soft reset and then install the JD Arcsoft Cab and then because i don't use the TFL3D I installed the Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging Cab.

Then go to start/setting/onnections and click connections under the Task tab under Network tap manage existing network then click edit, click next and clear the password and type in your 10 digit cell# then click finish.

Finally go to start/internet/messaging click on menu MMS Options click server Tab click new here is the information that you should type in:

Server name: USCC
Gateway: (Leave blank)
Port number: 80
Server address: http://mmsc2.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS
Connect via: My ISP
Send limit: 500K

Then click Done

Then select USCC as Default and picture messages should be working!!!!!!!

I have not tried this in TFL3D as I would think you will need to not install Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging Cab.

Hope this helps this issue!!!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 02:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

erockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Um, I suppose it could be something else but I'm going to go with the Insane Amount Of SMS Theory.
Other ROM's or not- I just gotta ask-why do you have 6000+ texts on your phone?! Pure curiosity, not criticism.
haha true on that, i thought my 2300 was bad, i had ones in there from January when i first got the phone, found some incriminating ones too, glad those are gone now
Old 11-06-2009, 02:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Talking Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Ah, would you by chance have a lot of messages? Someone else posted recently that when the loaded their SMS (2000+!!) is slowed things down. Maybe clean up messages a bit?

+1 on the Programs list. For me just the last two, can scroll them into view but when you let go they drop back down. Easy fix-erase two programs you dont want jk
The SMS field is "scrollable" would a finger flick help?
Had youtube working earlier but now it's down, nothing but contacts added, strange.
finger flick works to read the messages but doesn't help if it has an attachment to view. too bad you cant use 1 finger to hold it still while clicking the attachment with my thumb.

also, if u need to access more of your favorite programs, you can always look for the lnk file in the windows folder and copy the link into the start menu. This way they are only one tab away.

Last edited by christian.a; 11-06-2009 at 02:34 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro