PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

Siq Mawsh is keeping up the good workSiq Mawsh is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutt1113 View Post
does anybody know how to get to the task manager in this new rom to go directly to any of multiple programs you have running in background?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2307 View Post
rashire.....

It has been mentioned a few times already...but here it is...

in this ROM the Showcase works "EXACTLY" like the HTC task manager...just instead of clicking on the upper right corner to bring the task manager...you click and HOLD on the lower left corner (windows/start logo) and it brings Showcase...you will close any programs like you used to with HTC task manager. SAME amount of clicks.

You will see that it works as good as the way it used to with HTC task manager. and if you hold the CALL key for a fews seconds it bring the windows task manager!!!

try it and tell us what you think.. : -)
It's right there...
Old 11-02-2009, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: Sprint

adiehlman is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to adiehlman Send a message via AIM to adiehlman Send a message via MSN to adiehlman Send a message via Yahoo to adiehlman Send a message via Skype™ to adiehlman
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Big Question. Lets see if anyone know this one.

I have an Airave in my house, and my phone connects to it and then to the outside tower. It never stays connected to it like it should. With stock ROM it is always connected to it. Wonder why EnergyROM will not stay connected to it?
Old 11-02-2009, 05:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rashire is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rashire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2307 View Post
rashire.....

It has been mentioned a few times already...but here it is...

in this ROM the Showcase works "EXACTLY" like the HTC task manager...just instead of clicking on the upper right corner to bring the task manager...you click and HOLD on the lower left corner (windows/start logo) and it brings Showcase...you will close any programs like you used to with HTC task manager. SAME amount of clicks.

You will see that it works as good as the way it used to with HTC task manager. and if you hold the CALL key for a fews seconds it bring the windows task manager!!!

try it and tell us what you think.. : -)

O.o that's witch craft~ I went back like 20 pages too... damned 1500 page thread. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I have yet to begin to help.

I've been away and am trying to catch up to the threads progress - and of course, the seventeen builds that were released.
In a couple of hours, I'll have my install walk through complete for the 23081 build...if you're curious. Links are in my sig.
Hi "3Faces", glad 2 see U as well.
Just givin U a heads up I only had issue with build 21xxx having GPS soft resetting unit.
Fist time on a 21xxx build. Anyway anybody having this issue I would recomend changing their radio or flaashing another build for now.
Also the grafics reg cab I sent you not useful on these newer Builds.
I will B posting a GPS related cab tom if it helps this build.
I am not on energy rom right now to test, but it is not a re-hashed cab, as I spent some time reading 20+ threads!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:30 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Hi "3Faces", glad 2 see U as well.
Just givin U a heads up I only had issue with build 21xxx having GPS soft resetting unit.
Fist time on a 21xxx build. Anyway anybody having this issue I would recomend changing their radio or flaashing another build for now.
Also the grafics reg cab I sent you not useful on these newer Builds.
I will B posting a GPS related cab tom if it helps this build.
I am not on energy rom right now to test, but it is not a re-hashed cab, as I spent some time reading 20+ threads!
Haha - hey dude! Yea, I didn't install the new graphics cabs since the Oct 14th build, I think. NRG did some work on the graphics package and I don't know what's changed.

I did have a data issue when I flashed the 23081 build this morning, but a quick change of my radio to the new Sprint one cleared it right up.

...I'm still working through getting things set up proper, but should have the Guide and Thread updated some time tonight. Or in the next 30 minutes.

Hit me up if you want to beta test those graphics cabs. I haven't run a bench test yet, but am interested to see what the numbers are.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:32 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutt1113 View Post
does anybody know how to get to the task manager in this new rom to go directly to any of multiple programs you have running in background?
Not sure what you mean. Showcase is just like any task manager, you open it and it shows you what is runnng in the background, you click which ever program you want and it takes you to that running prog...... Not sure why you would want the task manager to open directly to a program, why not just open the program if you want to go directly to that prog????? Am I missing something here???

Also for those who don't like the Showcase button being a long press of the start button......Search in this thread for user "winmonebie" and showcase. Winmo has posted an excellent fix for freezing which includes getting Showcase back up in your top right corner, only hidden rather than having an icon.

Nice to have ya back around ThreeFaces! Hope the bitness trip was swell.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:44 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Nice to have ya back around ThreeFaces! Hope the bitness trip was swell.
Thanks, it's good to be back with new goodies to play with...now if I can figure out how to map Showcase 1.0.1, I'll be stoked on this new build. My fat a$$ fingers can't activate the little area without the stylus.

I realize the new showcase build allows for a press/hold activation on the start key, but I thought we needed v1.0.1 to address the freezing stuff. Anyway, I'm sure I can work something out. If and when I do, I'll share...I assume I'm not the only one looking for this. Otherwise, I'm much more into this 23XXX build than I thought I'd be.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
GPS is locking up, reseting, and/or not updating for lots of people on different carriers, Touch Pro, Palm Treo Pro, etc.

You can read about it in this thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92926

It appears the QuickGPS data set some time after 10/28/09 is a party to the problem. Best workarounds so far are either to use an older QuickGPS data set, or install the latest Sprint Radio 1.12.34F.
Sir I thank you so much. In fact this is true: When I flashed to 1014 back then, the first thing I did was to use QGPS it went fine but then my GPS started to fail. Then 2 days ago, again I used QGPS and again my GPS failed but this time for good (I could not fix it this time). So I can confirm QGPS is pushing some kind of bad data onto the GPS chipset for some units. I see a lot of cases in there, all referring to a sudden GPS failure.

Perhaps the chef might want to exclude this program from future ROMs to avoid dead GPS issues.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 11-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Dutt1113 is a n00b

does anyone know how to get the function key working on the keyboard on this rom? Also, for some reason i can't receive MMS pics and videos. I installed arcsoft and dcd alltel cab and I can receive sms texts fine and send mms pics/vido but i can't recieve pic/video. any ideas? I would realy appreciate it. thanks

Last edited by Dutt1113; 11-02-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:07 PM
ThreeFaces

OK...the Guide is done for the 23081 build. I need to go back and put the information in about the freeze fix, if you're using the 10/25 version, but everything else should be good to go.

Things we know:

1. Physical keyboard fixes are needed, but the fixes are out, so we're good.
2. Showcase is...new...and will take some adjustment.
3. Taskbar icons that worked on the last builds will NOT work...and in my case, disabled the START button <---that was fun.

I need to run it through the paces, but so far so good. I'll update the thread when I get some more time, hopefully tomorrow over some coffee.

Eat it up Noobies!
THE GUIDE!
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro