View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 05:53 PM
fenixjn
Halfway to VIP Status

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
GPS is locking up, reseting, and/or not updating for lots of people on different carriers, Touch Pro, Palm Treo Pro, etc.

You can read about it in this thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92926

It appears the QuickGPS data set some time after 10/28/09 is a party to the problem. Best workarounds so far are either to use an older QuickGPS data set, or install the latest Sprint Radio 1.12.34F.
Sir I thank you so much. In fact this is true: When I flashed to 1014 back then, the first thing I did was to use QGPS it went fine but then my GPS started to fail. Then 2 days ago, again I used QGPS and again my GPS failed but this time for good (I could not fix it this time). So I can confirm QGPS is pushing some kind of bad data onto the GPS chipset for some units. I see a lot of cases in there, all referring to a sudden GPS failure.

Perhaps the chef might want to exclude this program from future ROMs to avoid dead GPS issues.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)