PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

smashbottom is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

I've always been a user who flashes the ROM and leaves it alone for months... (until now). Thanks to sashimi (http://www.winmo-experts.com/index.php) it makes flashing easy I now understand how some users say it takes them 30 minutes while other users say it takes them four hours to get it fully functional.

Does anyone know off hand what the registry tweak to make the weather program automatically update every hour?
Old 11-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashbottom View Post
I've always been a user who flashes the ROM and leaves it alone for months... (until now). Thanks to sashimi (http://www.winmo-experts.com/index.php) it makes flashing easy I now understand how some users say it takes them 30 minutes while other users say it takes them four hours to get it fully functional.

Does anyone know off hand what the registry tweak to make the weather program automatically update every hour?
Theres not reg tweak required.

Go to the weather tab and then "menu". In menu, slide down to settings and you will see a checkbox for "download weather every hour". Check the box and you can also choose the frequency of downloads from there.

David
Old 11-29-2009, 05:11 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So guys.. what are the current issues with the ROM (s) ?

From what I gather.. the damn buttons are vibrating again, this "manner mode" notification thing (can someone take a screenshot of that ?).. what else ?

I need to hear about major issues, not minor cosmetic stuff.. please Thanks

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

netengineer is keeping up the good worknetengineer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post

From what I gather.. the damn buttons are vibrating again, this "manner mode" notification thing (can someone take a screenshot of that ?).. what else ?

NRG, I love your ROMs!! Not sure if this helps you at all but here is what I found. I ran the 28005 with Sense 2.5 and I never could get the SMS/MMS to work at all. Even after doing the disable HTC messaging, sr, Uninstall Arcsoft, sr, install Sprint Arcsoft. I even tried the HTC messaging right out of the box. Still no go. I also had the same issue with the task manager not staying open in the 28005. (I here there is a fix though) Other then that, everything seem to work great for me on that build.

I flashed the 21877 build Sense 2.5 and everything works great. The only question I have on this build is is there a reg edit to where you can select the message in sense and it take you to the WM messaging instead of trying to go to HTC messaging? Not a huge deal I can just select the "all messages" soft key.

Again, I hope that helps and great ROMs!!!
Old 11-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

datruth585 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Havent run that build but when I had similar Album issues I ran this cab and it solved my problems

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...2&d=1259309645

Turn off Sense before install. Hope that helps.

Try this cab:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...2&d=1257879782

Post back if it doesnt work.

EDIT: Check a few posts down, there may be a setting within your Buttons menu to control it.
thnx winmonewbie. .but it wont install for me, i dont have sense, but i guess u were talking about tf3d i cut that off but it says i dont have the proper permission to install
Old 11-29-2009, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lorddaddy84 is keeping up the good worklorddaddy84 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

I am on the 28005 M2.5 build, and the buttons didn't vibrate for me. But for the ones the do have vibrating, its an easy fix. start -> settings -> personal -> buttons -> scroll to the second blank tab -> uncheck "Vibrate the device."(Thanks Gelladuga69) The manner mode I havent seen yet. Othere than that I don't have any issues. Great Rom, still testing though.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:

only issues i had was not being able to flash either 2.1 or 2.5 21877 builds for verizon, 28005 both builds flashed no problems but im not a fan of 6.5.x,i downloaded files multiple times and tried flashing from pc and sd card with no luck,can't wait till your next release and hopefully it will flash and i'll be back on board lol

Old 11-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

datruth585 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by datruth585 View Post
thnx winmonewbie. .but it wont install for me, i dont have sense, but i guess u were talking about tf3d i cut that off but it says i dont have the proper permission to install

nvm. .i got it to work had to disable tf3d soft reset then install. .thank again!
Old 11-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by datruth585 View Post
i had the same issue,winmo. mentioned it may be running cooked album in background so disable sense,sr,and install cab before you do anything and it will install no problems

edit: whoops didn't see the last post

Last edited by Straitup27; 11-29-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

apinkel is keeping up the good workapinkel is keeping up the good work

Quote:

On the 28005/2.1 ROM (also on the previous 28004/2.1 rom) the link to opera in TF3D doesn't work. You have to copy the opera 10 files/folders from program files to windows directory and rename the opera 10 executable to operaL.exe. Not a huge deal but would be nice to have it cooked in.

I have had the manner mode notification pop up once.

I've had freeze-ups while charging on the latest release but I have no idea if it's due to the ROM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro