PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruvince View Post
I would like to turn off the haptic vibration feedback on the hard buttons. I read post 4 and saw "Disable Harware Haptic Feedback: [HKLM\Software\OEM\KeyState] "KeyVibratorState"=DWORD:00000000"
and I dont have a clue what that means. Please help this newB. thanks in advance.
That is a regedit in case you don't know. Anytime you see that you can try it out. On Energy ROM's, you want to use a program found in Start Menu-Tools-Tweaks- Registry Editor. HKLM stands for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelladuga69 View Post
You guys do know that you can disable the hardware haptic feedback by going to: start -> settings -> personal -> buttons -> scroll to the second blank tab -> uncheck "Vibrate the device."

Hope this helps.
No need to install unnecessary .cabs or modify the registry.
That doesn't always solve the problem just so you know. Sometimes you have to do the regedit.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

M3shuggah is becoming a great contributor

I third the Disable Manner Mode Notification thing...it's the only annoyance of this ROM. Other than that though, this new build is really, really sweet. Installed it last night and have been extremely happy with it. May stay on this one for a bit unless some uber-awesome Energy Rom comes out in the next week or two.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Gelladuga69 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Gelladuga69

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
That doesn't always solve the problem just so you know. Sometimes you have to do the regedit.
Probably a bad flash if it doesn't, don't you think?
It's always worked for me.
The setting is pretty hidden, but I took the time to find it.

Verizon 1.03.09V Radio
EnergyROM 28011 - 12/24/09 - Sense 2.1
Android 2.0.1 (Eclair)
Old 11-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Probably a bad flash if it doesn't, don't you think?
It's always worked for me.
The setting is pretty hidden, but I took the time to find it.
By Jove, I think he's got it!!
Just checked and it works. To be honest, I've never seen a BLANK screen before this build. So you figured a BLANK screen did the trick-what are you--psychic?
If you go LEFT its the second screen under Buttons.
Nice job!! Thank you.
If it doesnt work, run the cab I suppose, wouldn't re-flash over that IMO.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
By Jove, I think he's got it!!
Just checked and it works. To be honest, I've never seen a BLANK screen before this build. So you figured a BLANK screen did the trick-what are you--psychic?
If you go LEFT its the second screen under Buttons.
Nice job!! Thank you.
If it doesnt work, run the cab I suppose, wouldn't re-flash over that IMO.
When I flashed 21877, the hard key feedback annoyed me.
It obviously had to do with buttons, saw two blank tabs, checked those, and sure enough it was the second tab.
I don't know what the first tab does though, but it's unchecked by default.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=20052
Old 11-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50255; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruvince
I would like to turn off the haptic vibration feedback on the hard buttons. I read post 4 and saw "Disable Harware Haptic Feedback: [HKLM\Software\OEM\KeyState] "KeyVibratorState"=DWORD:00000000"
and I dont have a clue what that means. Please help this newB. thanks in advance.
that means that you must use a registry tool and navigate to that locaation so you can change the value. total commander has a registry plugin but you can also use phm registry tool

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 11-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
When I flashed 21877, the hard key feedback annoyed me.
It obviously had to do with buttons, saw two blank tabs, checked those, and sure enough it was the second tab.
I don't know what the first tab does though, but it's unchecked by default.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=20052
Well I just re-confirmed via the registry, reset the value to 1 and the box was checked.
Again-nice job-you've been Thanked!

EDIT: We become creatures of habit, that regedit has been in place since the thread started, Post#4, so when the vibration returned I guess we just went with what we knew.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Well I just re-confirmed via the registry, reset the value to 1 and the box was checked.
Again-nice job-you've been Thanked! =D>

EDIT: We become creatures of habit, that regedit has been in place since the thread started, Post#4, so when the vibration returned I guess we just went with what we knew.
Glad to help.
Hopefully other people will see this and save them the time by simply unchecking a box instead of messing with the registry.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:39 PM
N00b

samrio is keeping up the good worksamrio is keeping up the good work

So a quick run down of my thoughts with this release. I have a Sprint TouchPro and settled on the 28005 2.1 Standard build! It's the smoothest ROM I've used to date, and a good choice if you aren't ready, or don't like, Sense 2.5. There are landscape mods out there, so not all is lost if that's the reason you're staying away from 2.5. The Xperia Task Manager has some trouble showing on 28005 (works fine in 21877), but will work if you actually have something open (aside from Opera), otherwise NRG has posted links on the first post with Stock cab installers if you chose to go without it.

If you're a sprint user, like myself, installing the following apps is useful (all from WinMo's Sig Link):

Sprint ArcSoft MMS App (PictureMail) Cab: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...5&d=1246375388
Sprint Navigation Cab (doesn't work for some): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1244404475
Personally I use the 2.1.7 Build, since it always works for me.
Update PRL & Profile Cab: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...6&d=1243896020
MSFT Voice Command (Hands-Free/Bluetooth commands): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...2&d=1244422747 Note: You will get an error at the end of the installer, but it doesn't affect it's function.

I want to thank NRG for making this possible, and WinMoNewbie for his tireless efforts in answering everyone's issues. A lot of the fixes can be found if you just search the thread, and WinMoNewbie has posted an attachment link on his sig where most every file can be found for most users (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?d...hments&t=69545).

I'm not having any ring tone issues, volume issues, or SMS issues with this build. Of course that's not the case for everyone. Most small problems can be solved by flashing back to stock and then re-flashing the build of choice. As stated before, search the thread for any issues you're having, as most issues have been confirmed or resolved that way. There is a confirmed White Out on the Screen Setup upon first boot, but you can either soft reset, or just guess and adjust it in the settings menu after.

Also, if you are having problems with the Opera Browser launching from the Internet Tab on any 2.1 Build with Opera 10, here is a fix that cheezeit (many thanks) figured out!

(Originally Posted by cheezeit
Ok I figured it out! Since I couldn't find the file that was pointing to operaL, I decided to rename opera10 to operaL and put it where I thought it was looking.

First, go into
/Program Files/Opera Mobile 10/
and copy all files inside of it to
/Windows/
Then, locate the Opera10-armv4i.exe and rename it OperaL.exe

Click on opera from TF3d and it loads up! Searches work too!

Hope this helps!)

Last edited by samrio; 11-29-2009 at 04:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro