PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsung moment
Carrier: sprint

shakuyi is keeping up the good workshakuyi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

@blaineball ive gone a couple months its kinda nice you notice so many more features its like having a new phone all over again
Old 12-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sandman
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post

To answer your first question-I LOVE 2.5!! No issues for me, I'm one of the lucky ones to be able to SMS without a problem and MMS with little bit of workaround. I've been using 2.5 everyday since the first Energy build with it came out.

are you on the dec 2nd build m2.5 28008?

i flashed .. didnt dance... and sms out didnt work.. just checking..
No, not yet. Not holding out much hope with what I've been reading. May give it a shot later tonight.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I've never looked into this, so I didn't respond. ...the answer is, they will delete when you sync the email account. ...or they should.

Example in my Test: I sync with Outlook. I open Outlook on my phone and delete a message...it does go to the Deleted Items folder and sits there. If I sync my phone with my PC Outlook again, it removes the email on the PC-side and then clears the deleted items folder on my device.

Lemme know if that helps you out or if they're literally stacking up in the deleted items folder even though you've synced the account.

...also, what type of account, and which ROM version?

EDIT: OK, Gmail and Outlook seem to work fine, but the deleted folder in Hotmail wasn't syncing up. If I delete a Hotmail email from my device it goes into the Deleted Folder and sits. On the PC-side, the email is removed from the Inbox. ...but even if I clear out my Deleted Items on the PC side for Hotmail, the emails remain on my device in the Deleted Folder. So...to fix:

Go to your Inbox. Press "Menu". Scroll down to "Tools". Select "Options". Click over to the "Storage Tab" and change the option for "Empty Deleted Items", which by default should be on connect/disconnect. If the sync isn't working, change this setting to "Immediately" and they will go bye bye.

Let me know if none of that works.
i'm referring to SMS messages, not email. i stopped setting up my email accounts on my phone, because i got tired of deleting things off of my phone and it deleting things in the cloud. and, i don't need most of the emails that land at gmail coming to my phone anyway, since they're mostly newegg, sony, microcenter, tigerdirect etc 'specials'

the problems is when i delete texts, it goes to a deleted items folder, rather than just immediately dumping them. older OSs i could just say delete, and they were gone gone, not just removed from my inbox. i'd like it to go back to that way.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
Go into messaging, then click menu-tools-options, then go to the storage tab. There should be a drop down box asking when to empty deleted messages. Change it from "on connect/disconnect" to "immediately"

that's not an option in sms messaging. at least not from the tabbed messaging. maybe in MS messaging, but i'd like it to work from the tabbed threads, since that is what i use most.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

zachofalltrades is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrion View Post
ThreeFaces, thanks for the reply.

I just tried going back to stock then back to NRG ROM as you suggested. The problem returned within a couple of hours so I've flashed back to Juicy.

Any other suggestions?

I had some wierdness like that once, and it went away after I re-flashed using fresh copy of the ROM (new download).
Old 12-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work

sms wouldnt send for me either, unless i composed a new message each time, but replying wouldnt work. it would just put the message in the outbox and never send. i used the cab to disable htc messages and it worked. if i click on the message and try from there it wont but composing and replying to messages work without issues.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB (21.7 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Gelladuga69 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Gelladuga69

I just flashed the December 2 release of 21877.
I see some speed improvements, etc.
I like how I can access HTC Messaging and Windows Mobile Messaging.

Still playing with it, have only had it for about 20 minutes.
No problems with SMS going in/out, I think.

Verizon 1.03.09V Radio
EnergyROM 28011 - 12/24/09 - Sense 2.1
Android 2.0.1 (Eclair)
Old 12-03-2009, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xshining is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
sms wouldnt send for me either, unless i composed a new message each time, but replying wouldnt work. it would just put the message in the outbox and never send. i used the cab to disable htc messages and it worked. if i click on the message and try from there it wont but composing and replying to messages work without issues.
it does work. thank you my brother.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelladuga69 View Post
I just flashed the December 2 release of 21877.
I see some speed improvements, etc.
I like how I can access HTC Messaging and Windows Mobile Messaging.

Still playing with it, have only had it for about 20 minutes.
No problems with SMS going in/out, I think.

do me a fav and go to your outbox and see if they are there...
Old 12-03-2009, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

note that my comments right above this are in regard to messaging on the m2.5 nov 27th build, not the newest dec 2 build. not sure i'm going to go with the new build, since almost all of my communication is by sms, and apparently some people are having problems with it.

so, if anyone knows where the option is to have my deleted texts immediately be disposed of, rather than put into a deleted items folder, please let me know.

again, not asking about email or mms messaging, just sms

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro