PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Carrier: Sprint

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

I am liking the Enery ROM immensly... but there is something very disappointing that is imapcting thsi ROM as well.. and that is dialer.

Why is it that I can't toggle between a specifica contacst all numbers by just clicking right/left keys when in dialer screen ?? Now I have to first type and find the contact, then Right Soft key and then Open Contact and then select the number I want to dial ?? Sounds like extra few key-presses that I should not need..

I am sure there used to dialers easily able to do that.. ? Does anyone feel the same as me or have another suggetsion ?
Old 11-02-2009, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO

adiehlman is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to adiehlman Send a message via AIM to adiehlman Send a message via MSN to adiehlman Send a message via Yahoo to adiehlman Send a message via Skype™ to adiehlman
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiehlman View Post
it doesnt have a value set it says GPRS_bye_if_device_off
I did that and reset it and still does it
Old 11-02-2009, 01:46 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I use the wimo dialer.
Can't use the TF3D people tab to dial if you don't use the tachi dialer.
I use panoramic contacts genius so if isn't am issue for me.

Last edited by rootlinux; 11-02-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Whew! What was I smoking when I typed that? lol
Old 11-02-2009, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via ICQ to adiehlman Send a message via AIM to adiehlman Send a message via MSN to adiehlman Send a message via Yahoo to adiehlman Send a message via Skype™ to adiehlman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I use the wimo dialer.
Can't use the TF3D people tab to dial ic you don't you tachi dialer.
I use panoramic contacts genius so if isn't am issue for me.
I am using the Default dialer that is installed with the ROM. Even when I use the Windows Mobile Dialer I still cant answer calls some times.

Last edited by adiehlman; 11-02-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:18 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
I am using the Default dialer that is installed with the ROM. Even when I use the Windows Mobile Dialer I still cant answer calls some times.
Can I ask what it does? A call comes in, the little lights at the bottom should iluminate, then slide to answer should pop up. ...what happens next?

There are known issues related to the Tachi Dialer, but those are typically cleared up with the suspendresume edit. ...I'm not aware of folks having issues with the Winmo dialer. The Winmo dialer should work fine...it just doesn't integrate with TouchFlo, so you can't dial from your favs tab [for example].

...also, what build are you using?
Old 11-02-2009, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Can I ask what it does? A call comes in, the little lights at the bottom should iluminate, then slide to answer should pop up. ...what happens next?

There are known issues related to the Tachi Dialer, but those are typically cleared up with the suspendresume edit. ...I'm not aware of folks having issues with the Winmo dialer. The Winmo dialer should work fine...it just doesn't integrate with TouchFlo, so you can't dial from your favs tab [for example].

...also, what build are you using?
A Call comes in Rings and Lights up I slide or hit send and it keeps ringing and showing the side bar on the screen. Just will not answer. I have tried build 25 and beta 28 and it does it. I went into reg edit searched for suspendresume and changed the value to #777 and reset and still does it. I am thinking of doing another hard reset again. and Yes every time I flash I stock Hard Buld hard and this happens. it looks like it wants to answer but keeps ringing.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:34 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
A Call comes in Rings and Lights up I slide or hit send and it keeps ringing and showing the side bar on the screen. Just will not answer. I have tried build 25 and beta 28 and it does it. I went into reg edit searched for suspendresume and changed the value to #777 and reset and still does it. I am thinking of doing another hard reset again. and Yes every time I flash I stock Hard Buld hard and this happens. it looks like it wants to answer but keeps ringing.
Yea, that's the exact issue with the Tachi Dialer, but changing suspendresume should have cleared that up. I might just reflash, if I were you...you might not need to do the whole "dance" of going to stock. As soon as the phone comes up, after the customizations, check the suspendresume edit to ensure its set to "#777", and then try calling your phone to see if it's working better.

I rarely have slide to answer issues. I'm not saying the reg edit clears it 100% of the time, but it's will typically fail 100% of the time if it's not set to #777.

I just flashed the new 23081, and while I havn't been able to replicate a lock up, I haven't really run this build through the paces yet.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wow man, You have been a real Help. Look forward to chating more with you. Does the OCT 22 build have the new Icons and other things. Maybe I should not use this 28TH Build.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:18 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Wow man, You have been a real Help. Look forward to chating more with you. Does the OCT 22 build have the new Icons and other things. Maybe I should not use this 28TH Build.
I have yet to begin to help.

I've been away and am trying to catch up to the threads progress - and of course, the seventeen builds that were released. My understanding is that the 10/22 build of 23081 and the 10/28 release are the same...but the 10/28 release has the showcase fix cooked in and uses a new build of the dialer.

There was another ROM released on 10/22 that I haven't tested, but I think it's the older build type without the start button at the bottom.

I don't think these issues you're having are related to the 10/28 beta, but I won't discourage you from flashing to another build if you found it to be more stable.

In a couple of hours, I'll have my install walk through complete for the 23081 build...if you're curious. Links are in my sig.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Yea, that's the exact issue with the Tachi Dialer, but changing suspendresume should have cleared that up. I might just reflash, if I were you...you might not need to do the whole "dance" of going to stock. As soon as the phone comes up, after the customizations, check the suspendresume edit to ensure its set to "#777", and then try calling your phone to see if it's working better.

I rarely have slide to answer issues. I'm not saying the reg edit clears it 100% of the time, but it's will typically fail 100% of the time if it's not set to #777.

I just flashed the new 23081, and while I havn't been able to replicate a lock up, I haven't really run this build through the paces yet.
LOL I think i figured it out reading your Step by Step. Everytime I set a new firmware. I have been telling it to shut off internet in the advance config.

Do me a favor install NetCallerID and see when it outputs the caller information if the TEXT is really big on your phone and if you can read it. I noticed that on the 25 and 28 build.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro