PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (USC)
Carrier: US Cellular

snipper_cr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Don't mean to re-ask the question, but does anyone's hardware "SMS/MMS" or "Email" buttons work? Everytime I press one when the hardware keyboard is opened, I get the PTTMod error. Was that feature never included with this ROM?
Old 11-02-2009, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: Sprint

adiehlman is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to adiehlman Send a message via AIM to adiehlman Send a message via MSN to adiehlman Send a message via Yahoo to adiehlman Send a message via Skype™ to adiehlman
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

I am still having a problem when someone calls me the phone will not answer the call. I have Flash Stock and Hard Reset and all. I even have switched to the Windows Mobile Dialer. Nothen works. I can call out and everything. Just when someone calls me. It will not answer. Keeps ringing and all. When I slide to talk it shows it all the way to the left and nothen else.

I wonder if it could be my ringtones. they are around 400 to 800kb

Last edited by adiehlman; 11-02-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via ICQ to adiehlman Send a message via AIM to adiehlman Send a message via MSN to adiehlman Send a message via Yahoo to adiehlman Send a message via Skype™ to adiehlman

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipper_cr View Post
Don't mean to re-ask the question, but does anyone's hardware "SMS/MMS" or "Email" buttons work? Everytime I press one when the hardware keyboard is opened, I get the PTTMod error. Was that feature never included with this ROM?
I am getting that also!
Old 11-02-2009, 12:07 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipper_cr View Post
Here's rootlinux's step by step along with the cab you need to install:

TXT AND ENVELOPE SHORTCUT BUTTONS DO NOT WORK ON HARDWARE KEYBOARD – you can remap the keyboard keys using RaphKbdControl linked by blockhead: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1255514244
Messaging and Texts can be linked through the /Windows directory. The program will install to the System folder [I think…search for it]. Then follow the onscreen directions to remap until I can write up a step by step.

[rootlinux]: Step by step hardware keyboard fix.

Install RaphKbdControl_CDMA.CAB
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1255514244

It will install into START-SETTINGS-SYSTEM-Keyboard Config.

1. Slide open your keyboard
2.Press MENU-Add key
3. Hit the TXT hard key.
4.Scroll down to the Action field and chose "Run program"
5.Next scroll down to the Program field.
There are 2 options here [typing it in is faster]:
1. You can browse to Windows folder and click SMS.lnk
2. Or, manually type in \Windows\SMS.lnk
Hit OK

Next
Hit Menu/Add key
A box will pop up
Hit the envelope hardkey.
Scroll down to the Action field and chose "Run program"
Next scroll down to the Program field.
Again, two options to do here:
1. Browse to Windows folder and click Messaging.lnk
2. Manually type in \Windows\Messaging.lnk
Hit OK

When you’ve finished assigning buttons, hit Update config

Close the app and test the keyboard.
No need to soft reset.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:08 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiehlman View Post
I am still having a problem when someone calls me the phone will not answer the call. I have Flash Stock and Hard Reset and all. I even have switched to the Windows Mobile Dialer. Nothen works. I can call out and everything. Just when someone calls me. It will not answer. Keeps ringing and all. When I slide to talk it shows it all the way to the left and nothen else.

I wonder if it could be my ringtones. they are around 400 to 800kb
Check your "suspendresume" reg edit. It should be set to #777 - if it isn't, that could be causing you some headaches when trying to slide to answer an incoming call.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

elementalwindx is becoming a great contributor

I'm on the newest beta, and yay its not freezing (YET!) but I am having hell with the question mark and the : on the physical keyboard. This phone is less than a week old. It worked fine on the stock rom, I was wondering if maybe others are having problems like this with the keyboard using this rom?

Is it even possible to be a rom issue?
Old 11-02-2009, 12:30 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementalwindx View Post
I'm on the newest beta, and yay its not freezing (YET!) but I am having hell with the question mark and the : on the physical keyboard. This phone is less than a week old. It worked fine on the stock rom, I was wondering if maybe others are having problems like this with the keyboard using this rom?

Is it even possible to be a rom issue?
While I don't have a specific link, its been covered a bunch in the past 10-20 pages as one of the few bugs that needs to have a fix applied. Apparently, installing a new soft keyboard addresses the issue. There's a cab for EZInput 2.1 that should do it.

I realize also that you're speaking about the hardware keyboard, but they're linked. ...searchy, searchy.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Check your "suspendresume" reg edit. It should be set to #777 - if it isn't, that could be causing you some headaches when trying to slide to answer an incoming call.
it doesnt have a value set it says GPRS_bye_if_device_off
Old 11-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Metro PCS

trinijstn is a n00b

Help plz. Okay i flashed this rom yesterday, and everything worked perfect until this morning, when i tried setting up my email account and my phone froze, so i soft-reset it, and now it wont boot, it is stuck at the start-up screen.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:48 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiehlman View Post
it doesnt have a value set it says GPRS_bye_if_device_off
Yea, that's the issue...change that value to #777 and you'll be good. After doing that, call yourself and you should be able to answer the call fine. A note, this will not shut down your data connection after a minute or whatever, but that shouldn't have an adverse impact on your battery...just an FYI. If you go into Adv Config or whatever to reset data off after a certain time, it will reset THIS reg edit and your call answering woes will return.

...and now you know. ...and knowing is, you know, half the battle.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro