PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 08:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

onemanzu is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

im a ported alltel to vzw phone. I didn't have a single issue with 21877 when I loaded it, I prefer 28005 cause it feels faster from just clicking on things.

One issue i'm having is with the home and back buttons. Home brings up the dialer and back scrolls to the right. Anyone else have this problem? Again, i'm using 28005.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

apinkel is keeping up the good workapinkel is keeping up the good work
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanzu View Post
One issue i'm having is with the home and back buttons. Home brings up the dialer and back scrolls to the right. Anyone else have this problem? Again, i'm using 28005.
Now that you mention it... yes. It happens occarionally for me... I believe I cleared it by going to the start menu, then backing out, after that the home button worked fine (I'm on 28005 w 2.1).
Old 11-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
im a ported alltel to vzw phone. I didn't have a single issue with 21877 when I loaded it, I prefer 28005 cause it feels faster from just clicking on things.

im glad it loaded for your alltel tp but we have some diff. between our phones,plus i had 2 other ppl pm me bout the same issue as well asking if it was resolved so its not just me,28005 did fine, i have been flashing nrgz roms since june and have flashed every release since,this build has been the only time it gets stuck at the boot screen on both 2.1 and 2.5 build,now had it been either 2.1 not booting or just 2.5 then i would assume a corrupt file but both 2.1 and 2.5 stuck on boot between 3 ppl i dont think this is the case,the only time this happened before was on the 21st builds when they were doing that for everybody and nrgz had to re-release them fixed

Old 11-29-2009, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

honduranthunder is becoming a great contributor

NRGZ rom's are sick. I can't agree more with everyone else. Fast, reliable, classy, uptodate, and eye catching. Running the 28005 nov.27 2.5 build, and it's amazing. A couple things I noticed, and others have posted.. the TV out feature is awesome, but won't turn right side up when displayed on the screen.. Also, the SMS threading is a convenience for me, but not doing much threading on this build... plus, the task manager being so sensitive...that's all.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel -> Allied Wireless (ATN)?

Discostrings is a n00b
21877 2.1 Nov27 problems

I'd like to confirm the following problems with 21877 with Sense 2.1 from the Nov 27th build of EnergyROM for the Touch Pro:
  • TV Out doesn't work. It brings up the TV Out launch screen, but it is in portrait, not landscape, and there is no signal to the connected display.
  • Every time I set the phone volume to vibrate only I get the Enable MannerMode notification, and every time it is on vibrate only and I switch it to silent or turn the volume up, I get the Disable MannerMode notification. I've seen "manner mode" on other phones, and I think it's just a fancy way of saying "vibrate". It would be nice to remove these notifications, though. (I noticed this on 28004 as well.)
  • The Opera link on the Internet tab doesn't work.
  • PIM Backup crashes after a restore, basically forcing a soft reset. (I noticed this on 28004 as well.)
Old 11-29-2009, 09:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Telus

stimpson is a n00b

I have tried the 25Nov 28004 and had no luck with the TV out either
Old 11-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

smashbottom is a n00b
Re: 21877 2.1 Nov27 problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discostrings View Post
I'd like to confirm the following problems with 21877 with Sense 2.1 from the Nov 27th build of EnergyROM for the Touch Pro:
  • TV Out doesn't work. It brings up the TV Out launch screen, but it is in portrait, not landscape, and there is no signal to the connected display.
  • Every time I set the phone volume to vibrate only I get the Enable MannerMode notification, and every time it is on vibrate only and I switch it to silent or turn the volume up, I get the Disable MannerMode notification. I've seen "manner mode" on other phones, and I think it's just a fancy way of saying "vibrate". It would be nice to remove these notifications, though. (I noticed this on 28004 as well.)
  • The Opera link on the Internet tab doesn't work.
  • PIM Backup crashes after a restore, basically forcing a soft reset. (I noticed this on 28004 as well.)
I'll have sms messages not send, they'll just remain in the outbox... otherwise a good list!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
So guys.. what are the current issues with the ROM (s) ?

From what I gather.. the damn buttons are vibrating again, this "manner mode" notification thing (can someone take a screenshot of that ?).. what else ?

I need to hear about major issues, not minor cosmetic stuff.. please Thanks
Major issue=the ROM wont cook me breakfast or iron my clothes, when can we expect a hotfix?

Jokes aside Bro-thank you, this build is rockin', storngest to date.

As I understand it, MMS isn't going to work from Sense ATM, however 28004 did send from Pics and Videos and recieve in MS Messaging-28005 does not send. Recieving is fine.
I think it was mentioned-but just in case-the Contact Picker issues remains.
When we create a new SMS we can only choose email addresses. If we do a regedit to disable HTC Contact Picker then Menu/Add Recipients works as a work-around.

Thanks again Bro-amazing work.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apinkel View Post
Now that you mention it... yes. It happens occarionally for me... I believe I cleared it by going to the start menu, then backing out, after that the home button worked fine (I'm on 28005 w 2.1).
Hmm, I got that too but figured it was just me not hitting the home button correctly or my refurbished TP...
Old 11-29-2009, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre baby!

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

My experience is that's not a rom issue. I've had 2 tps do that on stock roms. The issue is bad hardware design: as some of you nay know the bottom buttons are actually a capacitive touch screen. The problem with this is it's not very accurate at all. My "green phone" is almost entirely non functional on both tps I have owned. It either doesn't recognize the button press at all or thinks I'm trying to push left, down or home instead. It's got me just about ready to throw my phone out a very tall window...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro