PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfujiyama View Post
Does the zenyee disable HTC SMS fix for 28008 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=20558) mean non-manila threaded SMS (the winmo app) works like usual?
here you go, it worked for me
Attached Files
File Type: cab Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB (21.7 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-04-2009, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
my opinion is first hard reset is unnecessary. i would also be sure to let customizations run every time
Thanks drdrewdown! Eliminating the first hard reset will save me time.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Me personally, I hard-reset as soon as I can see that intial Touch Pro logo. Every once in a while I'll let the customizations run all the way, but we flash so much our current ROMs are never current for long so I figure there's plenty of hard resets coming up in the near future should something get buggy.
That's great to hear. So if I skip the initial hard reset and don't let the customizations run, I can cut the flashdance to a reasonable time.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thestick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
28008 works fine for me in all aspects. I can send and receive messages just fine using the HTC messaging from both the titanium side as well as the sense side. The only adjustment I had to make was changing the reg edit for the contact picker from 1 to 0 to allow me to choose from either the recipients email or cell number. Other than that this little jam works perfectly. I'm using the 12-2 28008 std m2.5
Can you let us know the location of the registry entry you are changing? I would like to go ahead and flash this rom now if that is the ONLY thing you had to change. Seems like a simple fix once i know where the entry is.

Thanks
Old 12-04-2009, 09:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwill View Post
That's great to hear. So if I skip the initial hard reset and don't let the customizations run, I can cut the flashdance to a reasonable time.
Yeah, flashdancing, if you let the customizations run everytime, is a pain in the a** and just takes sooooo long, and my ROM's got a pretty quick customization run when compared to some.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Kezzerxir is a n00b

I've been using Mighty-Rom 4.16 for sometime now and figured it was time to upgrade last night. I tried the Dec 2nd builds and texting messaging did not work, I'm on sprint btw. I flashed to the 21xxx Nov 27th M2.5 rom and everything worked fine with the exception of some bugs I've found so far. I of course encounter the add recipient contact issue which a quick search yielded a cab to fix that. I also noticed that the in the multimedia folder, the in call recording app does not find any recorded calls. You have to instead find them in My Docs/notes.

-Brian
Old 12-04-2009, 10:44 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothydonohue View Post
i'm referring to SMS messages, not email. i stopped setting up my email accounts on my phone, because i got tired of deleting things off of my phone and it deleting things in the cloud. and, i don't need most of the emails that land at gmail coming to my phone anyway, since they're mostly newegg, sony, microcenter, tigerdirect etc 'specials'

the problems is when i delete texts, it goes to a deleted items folder, rather than just immediately dumping them. older OSs i could just say delete, and they were gone gone, not just removed from my inbox. i'd like it to go back to that way.
I think someone posted this fix for you, specific to the SMS deleted items - I'll track it down [it was after I responded]. It's a registry edit to change the max number of texts that store in your deleted items box until they're purged. ...unless one of the other recommendations worked for SMS too.

EDIT: this was from "ACoolGuy", so thank him. "I assume you mean SMS messages. There is a registry setting for max deleted items. I am going to dinner so I dont know exactly where its at but im thinking HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\SMStext or \Inbox\Settings\SMStext. There is a DWORD titled MaxDeletedMessages or something. Change to 0 and softreset...dunno if it works"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon022 View Post
well im using the 21877_HERMAN_27.Nov.2009..For some reason, I can't view my picture mail. Anyone else having this problem. It pops up saying dl and received but when I try to view it nothing happens. Thinking about getting dec 2 and see is it doing it on that one.
I think Sprint Picture Mail is cooked in by default, but I don't think it functions fully "out of the box". Someone can correct me if I'm off. ...for MMS, you'll need to run the Picture Mail removal cab, soft reset, then install the version of Arcsoft you prefer followed by a final soft reset. Then MMS can be sent from the Photo Album and received MMS can be viewed in the WM app. I would recommend also disabling the HTC texting Application to make the process easier.

All of these cabs are in the thread's attachments. ...and even though the build numbers are different, the instructions to get this all set up are generic and can be found in one of the Threads linked in my sig. Cabs and a step-by-step are posted for getting Arcsoft set up proper, disabling HTP Texting, and some recommendations about adding some quicklinks ot the home screen to make things easy to access.

Hope it helps some.

...FYI - the MMS "dance" has always been needed on the NRG ROMs, as far as I can remember, so older versions would require the same. My personal fav build has been the Nov 27th 21877...slick out of the box, unless you hate HTC texting [which, I admit, can be sluggish].

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 12-04-2009 at 10:46 AM. Reason: I DO WHAT I WANT!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:58 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Yeah, flashdancing, if you let the customizations run everytime, is a pain in the a** and just takes sooooo long, and my ROM's got a pretty quick customization run when compared to some.
Yea, I've been meaning to update that part of the Guide...I think recommending a "flashdance" as an optional first step is preferred to an initial hard reset. Still an optional step - you can always risk it and flash commando.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibrushn View Post
It always shows me in long beach cuz of my airave too!
You guys must have newer airaves because when I'm at home and my airave is on, I can not get location to sync up. My "chosen" location will download but the location service location will not. If I turn off my airave and am lucky enough to find a decent signal in my house, I can get weather to sync. Airave on and try again in teh same spot, nothing.

Note: This IS NOT an NRG ROM issue (just to allay any confusion) as it does it for me on stock roms too.

David
Old 12-04-2009, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

_sandman is keeping up the good work_sandman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to _sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
28008 works fine for me in all aspects. I can send and receive messages just fine using the HTC messaging from both the titanium side as well as the sense side. The only adjustment I had to make was changing the reg edit for the contact picker from 1 to 0 to allow me to choose from either the recipients email or cell number. Other than that this little jam works perfectly. I'm using the 12-2 28008 std m2.5
your a lucky one .. i cant respond through the threaded style in wm style or sense... i have to create a new one via wm style

in my sense sms threaded- all the ones i get have "-gsm" after them

... DOES YOUR SMS THREADED VIEW IN SENSE SHOW YOUR RESPONDED TEXTS? MINE DOESNT..

Last edited by _sandman; 12-04-2009 at 12:40 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro