PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 03:43 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon022 View Post
Well right before I read your respond to my comment, first I loaded up Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2. Then I tried to use Remove Picturemail but it wouldn't let me, so I just loaded up JD Arcosft 5.2.1.22. But before I put Arcsoft on the phone, I receive a picture mail in about 40 minutes after someone sent one to me. Then I put the arcsoft on and couple hours later my text messages can't open up. I was sending texting back and forth but I just decided to delete the arcsoft and will probably wait on a udapted energyrom or go back too the energyrom I was using before.
Yea, a few things here...for your next flash. First, don't restore your text messages, unless you need to. I've found it helps get things working properly. If you want to disable HTC Messaging, you can run that cab. The issue with Picture Mail is that the removal cab may not install correctly if the Picture Mail app is running...which sounds like what happened in your case [you said you were testing MMS before installing arcsoft]. So, chances are Sprint Picture Mail [what you're trying to remove with the removal cab] was running. If you get that error next time, go into your Task Manager and kill the picture mail process - then run the removal cab again, soft reset [you NEED to soft reset or this may not work], then install the version of Arcsoft you want.

If you want MMS, I would try these steps on the Nov 27th version of the ROM instead of the Dec 2nd. The Dec 2nd ROM has the "People Messaging Classic" mod cooked in, which is likely causing some of the headaches we're dancing with.

Hope some of that helps.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 12-04-2009 at 03:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman7 View Post
I just loaded EnergyROM_28005_HERMAN_27.Nov.2009_Standard, had to go back from one from Dec 2, I was having too many issues with performance and Messaging.

Anyway, I have 2 issues that I haven't been able to find mentioned in the thread.

1: Has anyone else on this rev had trouble with the Weather tab? Mine won't download any data, not just "My Location" but any city I have configured. I just get a "Connection Error" dialog box stating. "There was a connection error while attempting to download weather data. Retry?" I know I have a data connection, because I can download email, hit facebook, etc.

2: Having some squirrelly things happen with ActiveSync. First, when I come back up from a softboot, the ActiveSync screen opens. This happens, regardless of if I'm connected via usb or not. Second, when I do connect to ActiveSync, it has started asking me for credentials for Exchange, despite me never having configured it to use a server. I don't even have a server for it to connect to. I have always done a local sync.

Hopefully someone else has seen one or both of these.

Thanks to all that help with this thread, it is very much appreciated, and a huge thanks to NRG for what is obviously a TON of work.
I've seen that failure to sync on the weather tab before but my second attempt always gets it.
My Location can be a tower communication issue so a new radio or an updated PRL may help.
The other cities are being pulled from a website/database so again it could be a network issue resolved simply by time if it's an issue with the site.
IMO I'd try that before the other good advice you recieved about the Stock Flashdance, though it does cure a lot of issues.
For activesync try erasing the established relationship and then re-connect, that may help.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sandman View Post
your a lucky one .. i cant respond through the threaded style in wm style or sense... i have to create a new one via wm style

in my sense sms threaded- all the ones i get have "-gsm" after them

... DOES YOUR SMS THREADED VIEW IN SENSE SHOW YOUR RESPONDED TEXTS? MINE DOESNT..
As for the "GSM" issue and might fix others.
Check the following registry entry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila

People.MessageClient.Disable"=dword:00000001
People.Message.IsCDMA"=dword:00000001

Make sure those two keys are dword:00000001

If not that's where the problem is.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:08 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman7 View Post
I just loaded EnergyROM_28005_HERMAN_27.Nov.2009_Standard, had to go back from one from Dec 2, I was having too many issues with performance and Messaging.

Anyway, I have 2 issues that I haven't been able to find mentioned in the thread.

1: Has anyone else on this rev had trouble with the Weather tab? Mine won't download any data, not just "My Location" but any city I have configured. I just get a "Connection Error" dialog box stating. "There was a connection error while attempting to download weather data. Retry?" I know I have a data connection, because I can download email, hit facebook, etc.

2: Having some squirrelly things happen with ActiveSync. First, when I come back up from a softboot, the ActiveSync screen opens. This happens, regardless of if I'm connected via usb or not. Second, when I do connect to ActiveSync, it has started asking me for credentials for Exchange, despite me never having configured it to use a server. I don't even have a server for it to connect to. I have always done a local sync.

Hopefully someone else has seen one or both of these.

Thanks to all that help with this thread, it is very much appreciated, and a huge thanks to NRG for what is obviously a TON of work.

Just want to back up some of what Winmo said:

For the first issue, are you adding custom cities to your weather database, and if so...how? ...and are you running 2.1 or 2.5? I know my custom cities manila database form 2.1 would not work in 2.5.

You might try deleting any other cities and just leave My Location...see if that helps.

Otherwise, everything Winmo said is spot on - it uses tower information and I've found traveling around the country that some areas don't seem to have this service available to them. I think if you read the fine print in the UA, you'll see how the servcie works and why "individual results may vary".

For the second question - its not an Active Sync issue, but when you reboot the phone you see the Active Sync screen? I've seen that before...it doesn't happen all ogf the time, but randomly it will. It's more of an annoying bug than anything major...or I have not noticed any problesm resulting from it. I just press X and move on.

With the credentials issue, I'm not sure if you didn't configure an Exchange Accoutn why it would prompt for credentials - perhaps someone else can help or has seen this.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

anyone of you guys getting this error message ever? If so, have you found a solution? I've looked and looked and can't find a definitive answer.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, Mogul, TP, TP2, Evo 4G

proxcee is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.a View Post
Dan- did you flash back to stock when you went back to 11/27. This happenned once before because i decided to skip flashing to stock but if that's not the case, then check out threefaces guide. There is a small section in there for issues with MyLocation.

... have not had the activesync issue
I second that. Thats when my problems went away.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Wisdom3G is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Wisdom3G Send a message via Yahoo to Wisdom3G

First off, Hello everyone on this day! Second, NRG is the F**kin MAN!!! I dont know how you do it bro, but you do. I would like to confirm that in the 21877 Nov27 m2.5 rom tv-out did not work. I am happy to say that in this Dec 2 21877 m2.5 rom that the tv-out is back and working!! Thanks NRG, I am personally going to be setting aside something extra for you for Christmas!!!

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Apr 20| 21899 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
Old 12-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

callmesaul8889 is a n00b

I know this is a known issue, SMSs stay unread unless you exit the thread, and/or the Messaging program freezes when theres more than one unread message when closing the thread.

I found Loser's SMS fix, and it worked fine when i was using it for the newest 6.1 release, but now with the 21877 build, it wont let me compose a new message..

any tips or ideas?
Old 12-04-2009, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin_diva400 is just getting started

Is anybody else experiencing this when installing Max Manila 2.51919 ultimate?? I went to remove it and everything is back to normal. This hasn't happened to me beforehand.

edit: I'm currently using 28008 2.5 dec.2

Old 12-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
anyone of you guys getting this error message ever? If so, have you found a solution? I've looked and looked and can't find a definitive answer.

yup & its fixed by updating your client

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro