View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 03:43 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon022 View Post
Well right before I read your respond to my comment, first I loaded up Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2. Then I tried to use Remove Picturemail but it wouldn't let me, so I just loaded up JD Arcosft 5.2.1.22. But before I put Arcsoft on the phone, I receive a picture mail in about 40 minutes after someone sent one to me. Then I put the arcsoft on and couple hours later my text messages can't open up. I was sending texting back and forth but I just decided to delete the arcsoft and will probably wait on a udapted energyrom or go back too the energyrom I was using before.
Yea, a few things here...for your next flash. First, don't restore your text messages, unless you need to. I've found it helps get things working properly. If you want to disable HTC Messaging, you can run that cab. The issue with Picture Mail is that the removal cab may not install correctly if the Picture Mail app is running...which sounds like what happened in your case [you said you were testing MMS before installing arcsoft]. So, chances are Sprint Picture Mail [what you're trying to remove with the removal cab] was running. If you get that error next time, go into your Task Manager and kill the picture mail process - then run the removal cab again, soft reset [you NEED to soft reset or this may not work], then install the version of Arcsoft you want.

If you want MMS, I would try these steps on the Nov 27th version of the ROM instead of the Dec 2nd. The Dec 2nd ROM has the "People Messaging Classic" mod cooked in, which is likely causing some of the headaches we're dancing with.

Hope some of that helps.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 12-04-2009 at 03:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.