View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 04:08 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman7 View Post
I just loaded EnergyROM_28005_HERMAN_27.Nov.2009_Standard, had to go back from one from Dec 2, I was having too many issues with performance and Messaging.

Anyway, I have 2 issues that I haven't been able to find mentioned in the thread.

1: Has anyone else on this rev had trouble with the Weather tab? Mine won't download any data, not just "My Location" but any city I have configured. I just get a "Connection Error" dialog box stating. "There was a connection error while attempting to download weather data. Retry?" I know I have a data connection, because I can download email, hit facebook, etc.

2: Having some squirrelly things happen with ActiveSync. First, when I come back up from a softboot, the ActiveSync screen opens. This happens, regardless of if I'm connected via usb or not. Second, when I do connect to ActiveSync, it has started asking me for credentials for Exchange, despite me never having configured it to use a server. I don't even have a server for it to connect to. I have always done a local sync.

Hopefully someone else has seen one or both of these.

Thanks to all that help with this thread, it is very much appreciated, and a huge thanks to NRG for what is obviously a TON of work.

Just want to back up some of what Winmo said:

For the first issue, are you adding custom cities to your weather database, and if so...how? ...and are you running 2.1 or 2.5? I know my custom cities manila database form 2.1 would not work in 2.5.

You might try deleting any other cities and just leave My Location...see if that helps.

Otherwise, everything Winmo said is spot on - it uses tower information and I've found traveling around the country that some areas don't seem to have this service available to them. I think if you read the fine print in the UA, you'll see how the servcie works and why "individual results may vary".

For the second question - its not an Active Sync issue, but when you reboot the phone you see the Active Sync screen? I've seen that before...it doesn't happen all ogf the time, but randomly it will. It's more of an annoying bug than anything major...or I have not noticed any problesm resulting from it. I just press X and move on.

With the credentials issue, I'm not sure if you didn't configure an Exchange Accoutn why it would prompt for credentials - perhaps someone else can help or has seen this.