View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 03:48 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman7 View Post
I just loaded EnergyROM_28005_HERMAN_27.Nov.2009_Standard, had to go back from one from Dec 2, I was having too many issues with performance and Messaging.

Anyway, I have 2 issues that I haven't been able to find mentioned in the thread.

1: Has anyone else on this rev had trouble with the Weather tab? Mine won't download any data, not just "My Location" but any city I have configured. I just get a "Connection Error" dialog box stating. "There was a connection error while attempting to download weather data. Retry?" I know I have a data connection, because I can download email, hit facebook, etc.

2: Having some squirrelly things happen with ActiveSync. First, when I come back up from a softboot, the ActiveSync screen opens. This happens, regardless of if I'm connected via usb or not. Second, when I do connect to ActiveSync, it has started asking me for credentials for Exchange, despite me never having configured it to use a server. I don't even have a server for it to connect to. I have always done a local sync.

Hopefully someone else has seen one or both of these.

Thanks to all that help with this thread, it is very much appreciated, and a huge thanks to NRG for what is obviously a TON of work.
I've seen that failure to sync on the weather tab before but my second attempt always gets it.
My Location can be a tower communication issue so a new radio or an updated PRL may help.
The other cities are being pulled from a website/database so again it could be a network issue resolved simply by time if it's an issue with the site.
IMO I'd try that before the other good advice you recieved about the Stock Flashdance, though it does cure a lot of issues.
For activesync try erasing the established relationship and then re-connect, that may help.