PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

djdafreund is keeping up the good workdjdafreund is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

DOn't fret for those that can't get MMS to work on M2.5 builds. It's apparent not everyone is having the same results. I had BrianBaker help me and send me a MMS that 10 other of his friends got fine and opened ok, but didn't open up on mine, and also got the dreaded "Message couldn't be Sent" message, and opened up (not using Sense) using WM Mgr still didn't show any picture or attachments. And I for sure used the Remove,SR,Arcsoft,SR, but doesn't help at all. I know a lot of people are getting it to work just fine, but a number of people who are doing the msg SR cab methods AREN'T getting it to work. Mind you, it works just fine on my M2.1 ROMS (Nov.27 and below), but doesn't work on any M2.5's i have tried. I wish there was a better answer why it's working for some, and not for others, even when doing the exact same thing. But no worries, we'll figure this out in due time anyway. I'm not in any rush, and just happy with M2.1 Nov.27 ROM anyway. Just throwing this oput there so those that aren't getting it working don't get too discouraged.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

jpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

My thanks to everyone who helped me out with my MMS issue, as well as everything I have needed help with in the past. You are all very helpful, especially to a relative newcomer to this whole process. Thanks mates!
Old 11-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dealwitme is a n00b

Whats the difference between the standard 2.5 and standard m2.5 rom?
Old 11-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I think I may have figured out my "freezing" issue and it goes back to a similar problem I had with my mogul. I usually carry my phone in its holster but today was a lazy "leave the shirt out day" and the holster looked kina lumpy so I just carried the phone around in my pocket.
Well, today was a fairly cool dry day and apparently on fairly cool dry days, static electricity tends to build up in ones pocket when something plastic is floating around in there. And...the static may be what was causing my Touch to lock up.
Been out of my pocket since my last post about it locking up and no lockups.
I had a similar problem with my HTC Mogul but it only happened when I wore my scrubs (poly/cotton blend) and only in the fall and winter.

David
Old 11-28-2009, 10:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealwitme View Post
Whats the difference between the standard 2.5 and standard m2.5 rom?
Not quite sure what you are looking at.

NRG doesn't have listed a standard 2.5 rom... just a standard m2.5 rom.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdafreund View Post
DOn't fret for those that can't get MMS to work on M2.5 builds. It's apparent not everyone is having the same results. I had BrianBaker help me and send me a MMS that 10 other of his friends got fine and opened ok, but didn't open up on mine, and also got the dreaded "Message couldn't be Sent" message, and opened up (not using Sense) using WM Mgr still didn't show any picture or attachments. And I for sure used the Remove,SR,Arcsoft,SR, but doesn't help at all. I know a lot of people are getting it to work just fine, but a number of people who are doing the msg SR cab methods AREN'T getting it to work. Mind you, it works just fine on my M2.1 ROMS (Nov.27 and below), but doesn't work on any M2.5's i have tried. I wish there was a better answer why it's working for some, and not for others, even when doing the exact same thing. But no worries, we'll figure this out in due time anyway. I'm not in any rush, and just happy with M2.1 Nov.27 ROM anyway. Just throwing this oput there so those that aren't getting it working don't get too discouraged.
Do you use anything to back up all your info before reflashing? I only back up my contacts.Everything else I do from scratch.It sucks but Its the method that has always worked best for me..Maybe if you back up other things and then load them onto your phone it could be causeing issues with the removal cab and arcsoft..1st thing i get up and running after a flash is my MMS,then i will load my contacts,then set up email etc,etc....Wish I knew what the issue if for your phone.Maybe try the dance again and reflash?

HTC EVO 4G

Last edited by BrianBaker; 11-28-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

lamvt is just getting started

To fix the opera 10 link prob; just edit the 27c65cbd_manila file in the \Windows folder:

<OperatorLinks>
<Link
Text="Opera"
Executable="\Program Files\Opera Mobile 10\Opera10-armv4i.exe"
ImagePath="\windows\startopera_sm.png" />
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

POST 20,000!!

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire CDMA
Carrier: USCC

budmannc is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
UH OH!! Just got a BSON/BSOD/BSD!

Had my phone sitting next to me and picked it up to use it. Hit the power button and nothing. Hit the hard buttons....nothing. Slid out the KB and the top row was lit but nothing worked.
Did a soft reset and things came back. Maybe just a fluke BC everything has been working great today.

David
I had this happen this morning. I had flashed 28005/2.5 last night. This happened while on the charger. I was hoping this was a fluke.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by budmannc View Post
I had this happen this morning. I had flashed 28005/2.5 last night. This happened while on the charger. I was hoping this was a fluke.
So far the only three times it happened to me, my TP was in my pocket. The rest of the time it has been either in my car cradle, its holster and on my desk. It has not locked up any time it has been out of my pocket.

A couple things about your lockup. Did you touch it and get a small static shock?

Also re charging, I have turned off fast charge. Tools>tweaks>toggle fast charge. (actually turns off fast charge)

I'm getting ready to put mine on its charger and give it a rest for the night. I'll see what happens in the morning.

David

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro