PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: Sprint

adiehlman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to adiehlman Send a message via AIM to adiehlman Send a message via MSN to adiehlman Send a message via Yahoo to adiehlman Send a message via Skype™ to adiehlman
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiehlman View Post
Big Question. Lets see if anyone know this one.

I have an Airave in my house, and my phone connects to it and then to the outside tower. It never stays connected to it like it should. With stock ROM it is always connected to it. Wonder why EnergyROM will not stay connected to it?
Anyone figured this out yet?
Old 11-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS
Carrier: Verizon

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

I'm running titanium, and I used softkey manager, to change left softkey. It worked, but after a soft reset it changed it back to "action" any kind of fix for this?
Old 11-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

javulticat is becoming a great contributor

I'm not sure if my problem is isolated to EnergyROM, but maybe someone else here had the same problem and knows how to fix it:

Ever since Daylight Savings Time (DST) began on Sunday, my Touch Pro decided to re-timestamp all texts I have ever recieved, along with new texts I recieve, 1 hour before they were/are actually recieved. For example, on the 31st of October (before DST), I recieved a text at 6:31PM. Once DST happened, my Touch Pro now labels the text as having arrived at 5:31PM. This morning, November 2nd, I recieved a text at 10:43AM, but my Touch Pro says it arrived at 9:43AM.

What I think is happening is that my Touch Pro is over-compensating somehow for DST. Perhaps the Sprint network is saying "okay, it's DST, set those timestamps back an hour." and then the Touch Pro itself is saying the same thing, so the timestamps get set back an hour too far.

I flashed to a more recent version of the ROM, but that didn't help.

Anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? The closest thing I've come to a fix is setting my timezone to a timezone an hour ahead of where I really am, and then changing the clock back an hour. However, this isn't ideal as it screws up other things (for example, PockeTwit says tweets occured "-35 minutes ago").
Old 11-02-2009, 06:46 PM
N00b

rashire is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rashire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Not sure what you mean. Showcase is just like any task manager, you open it and it shows you what is runnng in the background, you click which ever program you want and it takes you to that running prog...... Not sure why you would want the task manager to open directly to a program, why not just open the program if you want to go directly to that prog????? Am I missing something here???

Also for those who don't like the Showcase button being a long press of the start button......Search in this thread for user "winmonebie" and showcase. Winmo has posted an excellent fix for freezing which includes getting Showcase back up in your top right corner, only hidden rather than having an icon.

Nice to have ya back around ThreeFaces! Hope the bitness trip was swell.
Actually the fix by winmonewbie for showcase put it back at the top. But it broke long hold start button. Trying to figure out how to do that now
Old 11-02-2009, 06:56 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

tweet tweet. Fire is coming to this thread!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post
I'm running titanium, and I used softkey manager, to change left softkey. It worked, but after a soft reset it changed it back to "action" any kind of fix for this?
Hey Bro check my post about mapping via reg edits. You'll also see the value there to change the key text. Lemme know if that doesnt work
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=13327

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashire View Post
Actually the fix by winmonewbie for showcase put it back at the top. But it broke long hold start button. Trying to figure out how to do that now
I dont believe it "broke" it as the fix simply installs an older version of Showcase which did not have the feature. Good luck, hope you come up with something.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:02 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashire View Post
Yeah I know it breaks the long press endkey, I was addressing the haters of no taskmanager in upper right corner. They obviously dont care about the long press key.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:49 PM
N00b

rashire is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rashire

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Hey Bro check my post about mapping via reg edits. You'll also see the value there to change the key text. Lemme know if that doesnt work
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=13327

I dont believe it "broke" it as the fix simply installs an older version of Showcase which did not have the feature. Good luck, hope you come up with something.

Well closest solution i found was http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=569367 but it doesn't seem to allow the press area to be set to bottom left.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS
Carrier: Verizon

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff

ok I must have done something wrong here is screen shot of HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila
I still have "action" softkey

Edit: If I enable touch flo 3d I see that LSK has changed, but I dont use touch flo 3d, (verizon ) so how do I get it to stay with titanium?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen002.jpg (14.4 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by shaolinsoldier79; 11-02-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post
ok I must have done something wrong here is screen shot of HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila
I still have "action" softkey

Edit: If I enable touch flo 3d I see that LSK has changed, but I dont use touch flo 3d, (verizon ) so how do I get it to stay with titanium?
So sorry Bro, missed the Titanium part (time to get new contacts!)
Try this:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\11 2

112=Left, 113=Right. Not sure, played with the MS softkeys a long time ago, but I think that's it.

Just checked, 112 for Left is there but not seeing 113 for Right?

EDIT: This path works for me but I'm on Standard and I shut off Manila, dont know if the Titanium build would be different.
This thread at xda talks about it more as well as how to change the Right key:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=2877758
Be careful when messing with the Reg (posted after shaolins troubles, good reminder, not picking on them)

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-02-2009 at 08:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro