View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 06:42 PM
javulticat
Lurker

javulticat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

I'm not sure if my problem is isolated to EnergyROM, but maybe someone else here had the same problem and knows how to fix it:

Ever since Daylight Savings Time (DST) began on Sunday, my Touch Pro decided to re-timestamp all texts I have ever recieved, along with new texts I recieve, 1 hour before they were/are actually recieved. For example, on the 31st of October (before DST), I recieved a text at 6:31PM. Once DST happened, my Touch Pro now labels the text as having arrived at 5:31PM. This morning, November 2nd, I recieved a text at 10:43AM, but my Touch Pro says it arrived at 9:43AM.

What I think is happening is that my Touch Pro is over-compensating somehow for DST. Perhaps the Sprint network is saying "okay, it's DST, set those timestamps back an hour." and then the Touch Pro itself is saying the same thing, so the timestamps get set back an hour too far.

I flashed to a more recent version of the ROM, but that didn't help.

Anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? The closest thing I've come to a fix is setting my timezone to a timezone an hour ahead of where I really am, and then changing the clock back an hour. However, this isn't ideal as it screws up other things (for example, PockeTwit says tweets occured "-35 minutes ago").