PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
Well I imagine that if you wanted to go BACK to stock,(for reasons I don't understand, I am getting deaf these years) you would go to Start/Utilities/Tweaks/ and click on regedit. Then goto :

HKCU\control panel\sound categories\\in call
and set "initial Volume" to 2. 2 is the stock setting.
Thanks!

Next issue: I dislike the new manila tab icons, and would prefer the ones shown in this screenshot: http://www.energyroms.com/PostGraphi...HomeScreen.png

Or even these: http://www.energyroms.com/VGA%20Addo...te%20Clock.png

As shown in the first post. The new ones look blurry and too colorful for my taste. Is there any way to install one of those two themes?

Thanks again for the great ROM.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:16 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Hmm... im pretty satisfied but im going to do a little customizing. How would I go about changing my TF3D font from white to blue?
Old 09-21-2009, 11:37 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisteddan View Post
This ROM looks fantastic and my god it's lightening fast Excellent Work NRG!!!
Now that is said. This next part will get me chopped into little pieces and fed to the wolves but I have to.
Like I said before this is an unbelievably fast and great looking ROM.
So everyone please remember I am not b$!chen about it!!!
My question is (I know youve all heard it a thousand times before)
What in the ROM causes me to lose 1% battery life for every minute that the phone is on?
Even with lumos installed and no data connection present and hardly anything running.
Within 10 min after flashing this ROM my battery dropped from 100% down to 80%
And yes yes yes I know the speed will drop battery life but come on...that fast?
This is a question as I said before I am not dogging the ROM because like I said before its awesome. I just need more battery life and want to know if there is settings I can change
This has been an ongoing discussion for the past couple of days. I too was having this issue with this rom. I personally feel that changing the polling interval to 30000 will help with losing the increments at such a fast rate. Also in advanced config in power management. Enable everything except SIM Power Management. Lastly do not soft reset when prompted by advanced config. Allow your battery to die down to about 20 percent and then plug in the charger and then soft reset and allow your phone to charge fully without any interruptions in charging. This should give you more battery life. I did this and I was able to manage over 12 hours of battery easy! I took my phone off at 1230pm and I didnt charge it until 220am and I was at 33 percent which is 4 green bars out of 10. Also with the percentage try not to look at it as the actual life of your battery I go by the green battery bars. because 93 percent is still fully charged. 81 percent is 9 bars out of 10 and so on. Hope this helps. Also you can check back about 1 or 2 pages back for full details on the battery tweaks and hacks we have all discussed. Trust me there is definitely a way to prolong your batter with this oh so fast rom so dont give up. You will get there. I did!! GO ENERGY GO
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:40 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Hmm... im pretty satisfied but im going to do a little customizing. How would I go about changing my TF3D font from white to blue?

Or is this even possible? Doing a lot of searching on google and cant seem to find how to do it. I got the clock swapped out and would LOVE to be able to change my font to blue....
Old 09-21-2009, 11:44 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Check the following registry entry:
HKLM > COMM > ConnMgr > Planner > Settings > SuspendResume

If it is anything BUT #777 you will have issues, eventually. BTW, CacheTime of 0x3C(60) is your one minute disconnect.
Hey dudes, I haven't updated the Guide yet for 9/20, but there's a "better" version of the "#777" reg edit in there that you should check out. It's a rather long string of numbers, but I've been using it for awhile now...my data disconnects after it's finished, and I haven't noticed any tachi issues.

Just figured I'd throw that out for anyone curious to run it through the paces since it's been a super hot topic lately.

...I'm on 9/20 now. Everything seems perfect with some cool new tweeks. "My location" in weather is kinda cool, I'll admit.

Facebook stuff. Everything seems the same, except syncing birthdays was removed as an option...which is good, because those events always jacked up my calendar. I don't *think* there's anything else "new".

I also have the older Photo Album installed with the upload fix as well. I can snap a pic and still get it up to Facebook in about 30 seconds. If I'm ever in a life threatening social networking situation, I know I have this covered.

I'll update the Guide for this release later this week. As far as I can tell though, most things are the same, so folks can still use most of the walk through and cabs.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:50 AM
337 L.V.

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCR512 View Post
Thanks!

Next issue: I dislike the new manila tab icons, and would prefer the ones shown in this screenshot: http://www.energyroms.com/PostGraphi...HomeScreen.png

Or even these: http://www.energyroms.com/VGA%20Addo...te%20Clock.png

As shown in the first post. The new ones look blurry and too colorful for my taste. Is there any way to install one of those two themes?

Thanks again for the great ROM.
Okay Im not a wiz at this but I can get this done for you. Problem is it might actually be the hard way so if anyone has a faster and better way to get this done please feel free to chime in. What I would do first is flash to the rom with the icons I wanted. Then in total commander I would find each manila with the icons and create a folder on my storage card to copy each manila file..here is a list of the icons and their file

Home Tab:
4d06823d_manila & 776726f2_manila

Calendar Tab:
112dc2ce_manila & 1479c303_manila

Call History Tab:
4cd8f2e4_manila & 7b5fd72f_manila

Comm Manager Tab:
1e439536_manila & 42d367fd_manila

Internet Tab:
7fbd2c5d_manila & 03092c92_manila

Mailbox Tab: (Email)
6b46b991_manila & 59c727fc_manila

Music Tab:
0cfe494a_manila & 7b7eb7b5_manila

People Tab:
1d2cf08e_manila & 40b0d619_manila

Pictures and Videos Tab:
3c5a5c12_manila & 5fde419d_manila

Programs Tab:
40ebb8a7_manila & 48c215bc_manila

Settings Tab:
037c8fc5_manila & 06c88ffa_manila

Messages Tab: (SMS)
5780582c_manila & 5acc5861_manila

Stock Tab:
4bfbdbf8_manila & 174ba15d_manila

Weather Tab:
730f3c64_manila & 7a18fbb9_manila

Sound Profiles Tab:
6ce69b65_Manila & 1874ecda_manila

Slider:
1e29e8e7_manila

Once I have copied all of the icons I wanted into a folder on my storage card. I would flash back to the rom I had before go to the folder where I stored my manila files and just copy them over the registry in windows with total commander and you should get the icons from one energy rom to the next. OOoooooOr if your like me and want to customize each and every icon tab. You can visit this site...http://www.iconarchive.com/index.php and find the icons that you want as your tabs and change them with manila editor. It is tedious but the end result is very eye pleasing.
ScreenShot1.jpg

ScreenShot2.jpg

ScreenShot6.jpg
The sizes I used to make mine were 128x128 for both manila files. You can go one big and one small and the size for that is 128x128 and 48x48. I just personally like the "one size" myself. hope this helps. Also if anyone knows an easier way to try and get the tab icons form one rom to another please feel free to post. I am curious to know if there is an easier way myself.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:54 AM
337 L.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Or is this even possible? Doing a lot of searching on google and cant seem to find how to do it. I got the clock swapped out and would LOVE to be able to change my font to blue....
Very good question. Have you guys tried using UI?? I know with that you can customize just about everything on your phone color wise. Im not sure if it does fonts but Im pretty sure its worth the try. You just might luck out and find what you are looking for, and if not, you might find something you werent looking for that you like and want to keep. Here is the cab for UI if you want to try it

UITweaker.CAB
Old 09-21-2009, 11:55 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

...also the call issues most folks report are known issues related to the Tachi dialer. If you initiate a call, then immediately try to end the call before it connects, the call will usually "hang" [meaning it will still connect the call and you may lose the ability to disconnect it]...you're best to soft reset at that point. At least, that's what I do. It only happens when you accidentially call someone...so, it's not like I'm doing this every day.

Slide to Answer issues. I've found in most cases when the Tachi dialer slide to answer becomes "stuck" or seemingly unresponsive, I take a breath, then give it a few seconds to connect the call...then I can start taking and all is well.

It's very strange, but somehow the best "fix" I've found for dealing with Tachi is patience. Any attempt to rush/force/press multiple buttons multiple times until my desired action is complete...all end in failure.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:58 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Just got my Extended battery today and it looks and fits perfect.
OEM battery and back cover.
Back cover is the exact same color as the stock cover because it is HTC OEM.
Doesn't add much width or weight either.
Actually feels better in my hand.

If you have battery woes I suggest this.
http://www.msgdigital.com/productdet...roductid=47534
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:00 PM
337 L.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Hey dudes, I haven't updated the Guide yet for 9/20, but there's a "better" version of the "#777" reg edit in there that you should check out. It's a rather long string of numbers, but I've been using it for awhile now...my data disconnects after it's finished, and I haven't noticed any tachi issues.

Just figured I'd throw that out for anyone curious to run it through the paces since it's been a super hot topic lately.

...I'm on 9/20 now. Everything seems perfect with some cool new tweeks. "My location" in weather is kinda cool, I'll admit.

Facebook stuff. Everything seems the same, except syncing birthdays was removed as an option...which is good, because those events always jacked up my calendar. I don't *think* there's anything else "new".

I also have the older Photo Album installed with the upload fix as well. I can snap a pic and still get it up to Facebook in about 30 seconds. If I'm ever in a life threatening social networking situation, I know I have this covered.

I'll update the Guide for this release later this week. As far as I can tell though, most things are the same, so folks can still use most of the walk through and cabs.
Okay this might be a NooB question...but my title is NooB so I fit in that category so to speak with ppcgeeks, but I installed the social network thing and I didnt noticed anything or any options that allowed me to upload my photos. How do I upload a picture Ive taken on to facebook with this? I know that I can just sync my phone and upload, but I want to take a picture of my beautifulness and post it to facebook from my phone. Being that displaying my beautifulness is very much a life threatening social networking situation.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro