PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 12:55 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitmonster View Post
So you were able to load the photo album 2.5 social networking cab onto the 9/20 rom?

I tried a few times and received an "installation failed" message due to lack of "system permissions". I never had this problem on the 8/11 rom. Maybe I will try downloading the cab again and seeing if I can figure it out.
Well, my device knows not to mess with me by now and pretty much does what it's told.

Make sure you don't have any services or processes running related to the album, before you install a new one. Other than that, maybe install sdkcerts.cab first?
Old 09-21-2009, 12:56 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Also for anyone interested in the blue psshutXP feature here is the cab and screen shot of what it looks like.

ScreenShot7.jpg

psShutXP Power KeyTProSkinBlue.cab

I like it better than the slide one, but thats just my preference. As each is to his/her own. Just thought Id share some customizations if anybody was interested. I have plenty of cabs to share.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:59 PM
337 L.V.

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Hey dude, I noobed up my response...there was no "bug" with the album, just a noob at the helm. If you're viewing a specific pic [like from the camera app or in the album] you CAN get the menu to display by pressing the center button. Sorry for the confusion.
HA HA HA HA!! Not a problem man I just synced my phone and transferred the cabs. Im installing now. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:02 PM
337 L.V.

Quote:
Well, my device knows not to mess with me by now and pretty much does what it's told.
LMAO!! Dude you are too F'N funny!! Thats right!! Tell that phone whose boss!!
Old 09-21-2009, 01:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Slide to Answer issues. I've found in most cases when the Tachi dialer slide to answer becomes "stuck" or seemingly unresponsive, I take a breath, then give it a few seconds to connect the call...then I can start taking and all is well.
What you are describing is the issue caused by changing the SuspendResume.
This is exactly how it occurs. If you slide and it doesn't answer just take a breath, like you said, then try to slide again. Problem is, it isn't always successful.

Could someone confirm that if you set SuspendResume to #777 the data arrows do or don't ever go grey? I.e. data not active. Please post your results.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:06 PM
337 L.V.

Quote:
So you were able to load the photo album 2.5 social networking cab onto the 9/20 rom?

I tried a few times and received an "installation failed" message due to lack of "system permissions". I never had this problem on the 8/11 rom. Maybe I will try downloading the cab again and seeing if I can figure it out.
Yeah I too beat my phone to obey me!! I just installed no problem. It doesnt say 2.5. Here is the cab I installed...also here is Dutty's facebook cab as well.

HTC_Album_+_SocialNetworksEngine[1].cab

Duttys_FaceBook_Upload_Fix[1].cab
Old 09-21-2009, 01:13 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
What you are describing is the issue caused by changing the SuspendResume.
This is exactly how it occurs. If you slide and it doesn't answer just take a breath, like you said, then try to slide again. Problem is, it isn't always successful.

Could someone confirm that if you set SuspendResume to #777 the data arrows do or don't ever go grey? I.e. data not active. Please post your results.
Right, but like I said, I found a new reg edit that hasn't been tested that I've been using to kill my data and I don't really have slide to answer issues. Here you go:

Set "SuspendResume" to 58 00 00 00 33 00 99 00 88 00 39 00 58 00 39 00 29
Default is #777 and should not contain anything about GRPS
Set "CacheTime" to 60

Here's the important note:

setting SuspendResume" to "58 00 00 00 33 00 99 00 88 00 39 00 58 00 39 00 29"
makes it so you can make calls while you have a data connection.
YOU CANNOT have both on at same time
before you COULD NOT answer any calls
while you had data present.
now it disconnects the data and
makes it so you can answer calls

Thanks to Razorloves

I'd check this pup out and see what's up.

...and I can confirm the #777 edit will not disconnect data. I was using that setting last week and my data wasn't active, but "connected".

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 09-21-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Rooted Stock 1.47
Carrier: SPrint

playya is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

I had that same error message reboot phone and first thing I did was load up the cab file for Social Networking and all was fine
Old 09-21-2009, 01:24 PM
337 L.V.

Quote:
Right, but like I said, I found a new reg edit that hasn't been tested that I've been using to kill my data and I don't really have slide to answer issues. Here you go:

Set "SuspendResume" to 58 00 00 00 33 00 99 00 88 00 39 00 58 00 39 00 29
Default is #777 and should not contain anything about GRPS
Set "CacheTime" to 60

Here's the important note:

setting SuspendResume" to "58 00 00 00 33 00 99 00 88 00 39 00 58 00 39 00 29"
makes it so you can make calls while you have a data connection.
YOU CANNOT have both on at same time
before you COULD NOT answer any calls
while you had data present.
now it disconnects the data and
makes it so you can answer calls

Thanks to Razorloves

I'd check this pup out and see what's up.

...and I can confirm the #777 edit will not disconnect data. I was using that setting last week and my data wasn't active, but "connected".
Hey can one of you tell me where this setting is in regedit? I went to HKLM-COMM-CONNMGR-PLANNER-SETTINGS but my suspend resume data value is gprs_bye_if_device_off so do I change that to #777??
Old 09-21-2009, 01:32 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Hey can one of you tell me where this setting is in regedit? I went to HKLM-COMM-CONNMGR-PLANNER-SETTINGS but my suspend resume data value is gprs_bye_if_device_off so do I change that to #777??
You're in the right place. the reg edit I JUST posted is "new" to the mix. There are three...GPRS if goodbye [or something], #777, and the long string I posted.

The #777 edit is supposed ot help with Tachi issues, but leaves data on all of the time.

The long string is said to kill the data connection and address dialer issues. I use that one normally and don't have dialer problems.

Test them out and see what fits best. I'm partial to the long string...it's been working fine for me for awhile. I only switched to #777 last week when I was trying to update the Guide to include a reg edit walk-through.

So just to be clear: you would use ONE of the three proposed edits for your "suspendresume" value.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 09-21-2009 at 01:34 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro