PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

Siq Mawsh is keeping up the good workSiq Mawsh is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadMichels View Post
Have you tried nueNullKB?

nuerom.com to download
Didn't know about that, but it worked, thanks!
Old 09-26-2009, 02:44 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osz View Post
OK so probably a simple problem. But I can't save my contacts on here after updating the new ROM. I have the pim file, and usually just rename the existing pim file to pim.vol paste mine, and reset. but its not taking. Any help? There's the pim backup/restore program but when I look for it. the program only recognizes folders, not files. Thanks
The PIM you have saved is named PIM?? And the one by default in the my device area is renamed?? and then the PIM you have saved which is named PIM is pasted?? Then you soft reset?? And went back and deleted the default PIM you renamed in the my device area?? Well I dont know whats the problem. It should be working properly. Thats what I do to back up mine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

trip is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
http://mytouchraphael.blogspot.com/2...port-mods.html

Don't know if this was brought up, didn't have time to read 10 pages...manila 2.5 for VGA rumored to be out this weekend
looks sweet, personally if i only have to visit the home screen versus 3 or 4 other tabs regularly thats great i can deal with some vertical scrolling, be nice to have a few fave contacts, apps, and weather all on one
Old 09-26-2009, 03:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

Viper Matrix Wireless is a n00b

Ok you got 2.5 for the Touch Pro 2 GSM ROMs when is 2.5 going to be out for this ROM?

Just got the MMS Version posted for Sprint to work on USCC as well.

I just changed my send limit to 100MB lol.

Last edited by Viper Matrix Wireless; 09-26-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:38 AM
Lurker

symba2000 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Ive had this issue before. The only way to set pictures and have them look crystal clear is to set them from your photo album. You cant go into the change picture option in edit contact otherwise some will become blurry and look low budget. In order to set the picture with a clear look is you have to go into your photo album.....find the picture you want....and then touch it and then you should get options on if you want to set it to a contact...select that and set it to what ever contact you want and that should do the trick. I personally don't know if there is a short cut in doing what I am about to tell you but hey if it gets the job done it gets done right? I usually go onto my computer to my friends facebook or myspace and browse their pics and save which ones I want as my contacts onto my memory card where all of my pics are. Then I go onto my phone into my photo album and find the picture and set it from there. Ive tested setting it through the edit contact and through the photo album and this was the issue. Setting it through edit contact made some of the pics blurry but when I set the exact same picture from my photo album the photo was "clear as mud" as my English teacher would say. Hope that helps!

Also someone said before about backing up contacts. I usually back up my contacts through my sd card. This way all of my pictures AND ringtones that I have set to the contacts gets saved. No need to set them again. Then when I reflash, flash, reflash, flash, all I have to do is go into my sd. Copy the PIM I just pasted onto my device. Soft reset your device and all of your contacts, pictures to your contacts and ringtones to your contacts are there without having to dig on microsoft my phone or what not to find them. Aslo with the PIM method your favorite peoples will still be there automatically just as they were before when you PIM backed them up. The only downfall to this method is you would have to copy and paste the PIM from my device to your sd card and overwrite the old one EVERY TIME you add a new contact otherwise the previous PIM is going to only have those contacts you had before and no new ones you've added unless you overwrite the old one on your sd card, but who really adds a contact everyday?? Hope that helps.
Thanks a bunch for the advice. I didn't think of that method of adding pics to contacts.

After trying it, when selecting a random pic just using File Explorer, as I save the pic to contact, it requires cropping, so the picture is super small (but clear though!)... and I have a few landscape pictures that show up as upside-down. heheh.. man, this favorites thing has not been "favorable" in my end... =P

Oh, and to answer Winmonewbie... I did flash... I'm sort of a big flasher, and have gotten down the process of getting my phone back up and configured in a small amount of time.

Recently, Sashimi has made that process OH SO EASY
Old 09-26-2009, 04:49 AM
Lurker

symba2000 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by symba2000 View Post
Thanks a bunch for the advice. I didn't think of that method of adding pics to contacts.

After trying it, when selecting a random pic just using File Explorer, as I save the pic to contact, it requires cropping, so the picture is super small (but clear though!)... and I have a few landscape pictures that show up as upside-down. heheh.. man, this favorites thing has not been "favorable" in my end... =P

Oh, and to answer Winmonewbie... I did flash... I'm sort of a big flasher, and have gotten down the process of getting my phone back up and configured in a small amount of time.

Recently, Sashimi has made that process OH SO EASY
Aha! I figured out the cropping issue...

When you click "Save to Contact" and the CROP option comes on, just double click on the picture (it will zoom in)... then double click it again (it will zoom out PAST the original size image).

Position the important part of the picture with the Crop lines (which now covers much more space given the zoom-out), and click "Done." Now, nearly the entire image will show up as your favorites pic, and the pic will be clear.

HALLELUJAH! Thanks guys. You all freakin' rock =)
Old 09-26-2009, 04:55 AM
Lurker

symba2000 is a n00b

And on one last note... I like this ROM so much..... even after consistently keeping Bluetooth and Data off, previously running my backlight brightness at 30% (FULL TIME) though currently using Lumos (and loving it), using a new (better) radio for my area, and trying various ways (by way of .cab provided by you fine folks) of saving battery life, I still pulled in 3/4 of a day's worth of battery life under light to medium use.

Light to Medium Use: Maybe a total of 30 mins of talk-time, probably 20-30 texts, and maybe 10 mins of internet use, looking up addresses, general info.

...I JUST purchased a 2000mah Seidio battery so that I can continue using this ROM.

I've used several other ROMs and kept up-to-date with their updates (frequently flashing, of course), and I have yet to be as impressed with any ROM more than I have been with this one.

In other words... great work. You guys most certainly add value to this product with the overwhelming support
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: (2)HTC EVO & HTC Touch Pro

jobryan26 is keeping up the good workjobryan26 is keeping up the good work

NRG any idea on when you'll be upgrading to 23053? I luv 23053 so much better with the taskbar being on the bottom.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: ALLTEL

jsminnis is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobryan26 View Post
NRG any idea on when you'll be upgrading to 23053? I luv 23053 so much better with the taskbar being on the bottom.
I don't like the big bottom taskbar, It cuts off some of the programs I use and makes them unusable. I am a construction worker and a radar is VERY important to me, I have an awesome radar app that only works with a small bottom taskbar. I think NRG knows what he is doing, and he will update when the time is right.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:16 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
You guys want the PIMPest full slider for NRG?
Check this out......

http://cid-19e13f7ef2635c8a.skydrive...full%20set.cab

Took NRGs icons from the last release and combined them with other icons to span EVERY icon slider in the device.
Main tabs, people tabs, messaging tabs you name it.
I do not take credit for the icons.
I just put them all together and packaged them you for us.

Try it and see if you like it.

Later
NICE work once again brother!

Guess what.....I reflashed 9/20v2 last night. Flashed pefectly. No issues yet. Weather all set up and menu softkey working so far. I'll report back on that later.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro