PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Anyone know why the phone app might crash and cause this strange signal status icon? It happens with all radios and roms, except the new Sprint official rom (2.01). I even did a hard rest on EnergryRom 9/20R2 (nothing installed, nothing restored), dialed a number, hang up, crash - gotta soft reset.

Full details in my post: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...00&postcount=1
Old 09-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsminnis View Post
I don't like the big bottom taskbar, It cuts off some of the programs I use and makes them unusable. I am a construction worker and a radar is VERY important to me, I have an awesome radar app that only works with a small bottom taskbar. I think NRG knows what he is doing, and he will update when the time is right.

Well the good news is if he does update it with the task bar @ the bottom you will not have update to the New Rom, I mean there are a few guys that haven't updated to 9/20 because they don't like it, He can't make all of us happy. Just something to think about.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: (2)HTC EVO & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jobryan26 is keeping up the good workjobryan26 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsminnis View Post
I don't like the big bottom taskbar, It cuts off some of the programs I use and makes them unusable. I am a construction worker and a radar is VERY important to me, I have an awesome radar app that only works with a small bottom taskbar. I think NRG knows what he is doing, and he will update when the time is right.
Yeah understand. Have you tried a 23053 ROM yet? Just curious, if not try out http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50857 and at first you might not like the space it consumes (referring to the taskbar) but after a day or two I personally have found it so much more finger-friendly therefore so much more "usable" especially while driving and navigating my phone. I absolutly luv NRG's ROM's and flash everytime there is a new release but I do find myself going back to a 23053 version. To each their own, no big deal. Regarding radar why not favorite a link to NOAA in PIE or whatever browser you use?
Old 09-26-2009, 10:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

phatcoupe is just getting started

what radios work best for this Rom. i just flashed this new build on my phone. its the best rom available. but im having difficulty finding a good cdma radio for my phone.
ive been reading about radio 1.14.25.35 but no one states if this is a gsm or cdma radio. my phone is a cdma and i would really like to avoid bricking my phone, can anyone help????
Old 09-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
Anyone know why the phone app might crash and cause this strange signal status icon? It happens with all radios and roms, except the new Sprint official rom (2.01). I even did a hard rest on EnergryRom 9/20R2 (nothing installed, nothing restored), dialed a number, hang up, crash - gotta soft reset.

There's definitely something wrong with the dialer in this rom. I saw somebody mention it before, but when you dial a number then hang up right away with the on-screen buttons, it doesn't hang up the call right away and it lags up the phone pretty bad. And sometimes when i use the slider to answer a call, it slides all the way over, but it doesn't answer the call and everything freezes. I have to wait until the person hangs up, then i can call them back. I tried a reflash, and a hard reset. Didn't fix the problem. i flashed my wife's phone and her's has the same problem.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatcoupe View Post
what radios work best for this Rom. i just flashed this new build on my phone. its the best rom available. but im having difficulty finding a good cdma radio for my phone.
ive been reading about radio 1.14.25.35 but no one states if this is a gsm or cdma radio. my phone is a cdma and i would really like to avoid bricking my phone, can anyone help????
i use the newest sprint radio (1.12.34 something liike that). works just fine. check the radio thread for the download link.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work

i dont know if anyone has saw this yet

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=563666

but its pretty cool!
Old 09-26-2009, 10:47 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post

It really could be a number of things. I know I got this no signal thing on my phone because I installed a program, I used the wrong PIM for my contacts. Any number of little things can cause this. After you reflashed or hard reset...off back did it do this? If not I would suggest installing some programs little by little and seeing if you cant eliminate some programs that are not the issue to find the one that is. Hope that helps.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatcoupe View Post
1.14.25.35 IS a GSM radio, CDMA radios dont have the extra two digits (1.12.20 vs 1.14.25.35). This may/may not brick your phone (I tried it) but it won't work. Like impulse said check out the radio thread, any viable CDMA radios are here:
RADIO THREAD
The best radio is location dependent so you have to experiment and try out different ones and find out what is best for you. The Alltell radio in my sig is great for me.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 09-26-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by symba2000 View Post
...and the "Open Album" option doesn't open album for photo selection.

This is still very odd to me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by symba2000 View Post
Oh, and to answer Winmonewbie... I did flash... I'm sort of a big flasher, and have gotten down the process of getting my phone back up and configured in a small amount of time.

Recently, Sashimi has made that process OH SO EASY
Hey Bro, glad you got it figured out! Touch Flo may not be working as intended ie-the Open Album function not working correctly (a very small issue, I know). This is why I thought a re-flash may be in order (a different version of Album was going to be my final guess ) but since you did re-flash and found a work-around it probably isn't worth further investigation.
Thanks for the cropping tip!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro