PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 01:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro and pro duce
Carrier: sprint

boricoso is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

ok!! thanks for your response.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

Siq Mawsh is keeping up the good workSiq Mawsh is keeping up the good work
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siq Mawsh View Post
I don't know if I'm missing something... But I have Auto deploy SIP disabled on all the tweaks and it still pops up whenever I enter a text field...
Bump.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/HTC EVO
Carrier: US Cellular/Sprint

ChadMichels is becoming a great contributor

Have you tried nueNullKB?

nuerom.com to download

Sprint
HTC EVO
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:58 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadMichels View Post
Sorry for reposting, but i guess it kinda got lost.. I sometimes hate how fast this thread moves.

Wanted to clarify that I can connect my computer and touch pro, but internet doesnt share. This is killin me guys. Thanks.
Is it not showing in your network or maybe did you enter the key wrong?
Also if you are using S2U2 and the screen locks it will probably drop your PC connection.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:19 AM
Lurker

symba2000 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by symba2000 View Post
hmm.. Just flashed to the NRG ROM 9/20 build again, and the People tab Favorites pics still refuse to show up.

Anyone have a solution for this? I thought this wouldn't bug me so much, but it's doing a great job at frustrating me right now... blah!
UPDATE: For anyone who searches this and needs a solution, I figured it out. Kind of a strange quirk to the ROM, but it works... sort of.

Step 1: Go to People Tab and begin to add all of your favorites
Step 2: Don't worry about the pictures not showing up... you'll get to that in a sec.
Step 3: Click on the current default picture to access their info
Step 4: Scroll down to "More: See More Information"
Step 5: You'll see a familiar Windows style info listing. Click on your favorite's name at the top (next to what default pic)
Step 6: Next to "Picture:" click on "Change Picture"
Step 7: Select the picture you want. When you're done, press "OK" at the top right corner of the screen.
Solution: Now, you will have a blurry version of what's supposed to be your favorite contact's picture.

I've tried NUMEROUS other methods to no avail... so if you happen to be going through this similar issue, consider this my contribution to you =)
Old 09-25-2009, 08:16 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by symba2000 View Post
UPDATE: For anyone who searches this and needs a solution, I figured it out. Kind of a strange quirk to the ROM, but it works... sort of.

Step 1: Go to People Tab and begin to add all of your favorites
Step 2: Don't worry about the pictures not showing up... you'll get to that in a sec.
Step 3: Click on the current default picture to access their info
Step 4: Scroll down to "More: See More Information"
Step 5: You'll see a familiar Windows style info listing. Click on your favorite's name at the top (next to what default pic)
Step 6: Next to "Picture:" click on "Change Picture"
Step 7: Select the picture you want. When you're done, press "OK" at the top right corner of the screen.
Solution: Now, you will have a blurry version of what's supposed to be your favorite contact's picture.

I've tried NUMEROUS other methods to no avail... so if you happen to be going through this similar issue, consider this my contribution to you =)
All of my peeps are crystal clear. You shouldn't have to exit Touch Flo to edit the contact pic. Did you try tapping on the contact card icon in the top right corner of the contact's file?
That being said, your steps appear correct but obviously something is happening when the pic is being applied. What type of image files are you using?
Old 09-25-2009, 08:41 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Please, please, please ignore my post about ##codes. It was a complete brain fart. ...they work fine without the need for a cab. This noob moment was brought to you by lack of sleep and weak coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siq Mawsh View Post
Bump.
I don't think there is a fix for what you're describing. I just did a few tests to see what's up. On my Internet tab, putting the cursor in the search box did not pop up the onscreen keyboard. Texting in Manila and Winmo did not either. Entering a new contact Name did. Entering a new appointment didn't. When setting up a new email account, the keyboard was popped up and the cursor in the text box, but when I slid out the physical keyboard it went away.

Does the onscreen keyboard stay open when you're using the physical keyboard? In any situation where it's open, it will auto hide if I slide out the physical keyboard or start typing with it.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

kronik420 is just getting started

First of all I have to say this is one of the best roms I have ever tried. I do have a question with energy rom sept 20th where action button is at the bottom left hand side is there anyway I can put a phone icon in the action table or can I change the action button to be a phone button. Also when the phone makes a connection it is not vibrating is there a registry setting or a cab that I can install to force it to vibrate on connecting thank you
Old 09-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Lurker

symba2000 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
All of my peeps are crystal clear. You shouldn't have to exit Touch Flo to edit the contact pic. Did you try tapping on the contact card icon in the top right corner of the contact's file?
That being said, your steps appear correct but obviously something is happening when the pic is being applied. What type of image files are you using?
I just tried what you said about clicking on the contact card on the top right corner and realized the steps are very specific as well. When you click on the Contact Card, it goes into the "Details" section. You have to scroll down and click on "Edit Contact," then the picture on the top right corner becomes "active" for clicking.

When you click on that picture at the top right corner, a menu opens up with "Set Contact Photo: Facebook Profile, Open Album, Use Camera, Remove Photo"

Using the camera actually does set the picture... but not everyone has easy access to the person for contact setup... and the "Open Album" option doesn't open album for photo selection.

This is still very odd to me...
Old 09-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Lurker

symba2000 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
First of all I have to say this is one of the best roms I have ever tried. I do have a question with energy rom sept 20th where action button is at the bottom left hand side is there anyway I can put a phone icon in the action table or can I change the action button to be a phone button. Also when the phone makes a connection it is not vibrating is there a registry setting or a cab that I can install to force it to vibrate on connecting thank you
For the Action button, just go to your Programs tab, click on All Programs, then scroll down to Softkey Manager.

Make sure you checkbox HTC Diamond Mode. Set your left and right softkeys, and enjoy.

As for the vibrate when connection is made... I can't seem to find the darn setting even though I come across it all the time. I'll trying looking for it and post if someone doesn't chime in soon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro