PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 03:50 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieyee View Post
Just curious-- what radio are you using? I'll give Lumos a run, but typically I don't use the phone much so the backlight isn't on much at all. Normally I'll check emails once an hour, if that, but the battery life still plummets very quickly. Not much talking at all either.

Also curious, what is your tbattery "current" showing. Right now mine jumps between 93 and 143 and it's not plugged in and backlight is around the 50% mark.
Radios are location dependent...so you'll want to experiment. Those current numbers are normal for the device at "rest" - activating your data connection should throw it WAY up. And definitely install Lumos, if you haven't.

Have you let the device die? ...the power indicator will drop form 100-90% pretty fast...then things settle. It's the drop from 90% to 0% that you wanna use to gauge. Or, better still, the time from disconnecting from a charger to the devices death to get a better idea of average battery life.

Hope some of that helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Maverick0984 is keeping up the good workMaverick0984 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieyee View Post
Just curious-- what radio are you using? I'll give Lumos a run, but typically I don't use the phone much so the backlight isn't on much at all. Normally I'll check emails once an hour, if that, but the battery life still plummets very quickly. Not much talking at all either.

Also curious, what is your tbattery "current" showing. Right now mine jumps between 93 and 143 and it's not plugged in and backlight is around the 50% mark. *edit* -- I hit the top power/standby button, and came back and checked it again after about 5 minutes, and it now jumps from about 60-330, and the phone feels very warm too.
Mine is currently 57mA, but it hops around a bit. 143 seems reasonable for normal battery usage.

I'm at 72% around 3PM when I took it off the charger at 6:30AM. Not a ton of usage, but some.

That is with 0 battery tweaks and the 9/6 ROM. I really think there was something glitchy in the 9/20 ROM. You shouldn't have to tweak it out to get moderate battery drain.

I do however have around 20-30% backlight brightness on battery.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Confimed, he said end of the week...but that is subject to bugs and Beta testing.
The GSM TP2 ROM has been uploaded so patience....we will be soon-ish.

Edit: btw-920 is working perfectly for me, somehow, some way nrgz gets better every time! Thanks Bro!

Just checked his twitter page and it says uploading now (photon) so anytime now
Old 10-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time
Carrier: Sprint

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yea read the twitter too can't wait
Old 10-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

photon says for rhodium...which is the tp2 not tp...his twitter even says wvga.....that is not the tp........fyi

Old 10-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
photon says for rhodium...which is the tp2 not tp...his twitter even says wvga.....that is not the tp........fyi

Duh ! it mean's its just a matter of time
Old 10-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: us cellular

julied2u is a n00b

anyone have a link for the 9/6 release? I'm gonna see if it works any better on my phone.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
Well I have been following his updates, and when you said Rhodium is for tp2 I have to ask myself I wonder what NRG met when says this on his front page, and for that matter which phone runs Titanium because its not really the tp, The Tp runs straight up TF3D I thought ??? Please help me understand this a little better.

• "Standard" includes the new TF3D2 (Rhodium Manila) along with the standard Windows Mobile 6.5 today plugin (Titanium*) and the Tachi dialer
  • "Titanium" only includes the Titanium today plugin. No Manila in this version. This also includes the regular HTC dialer
  • "OldManila" includes the older TF3D Manila (as seen on a stock ROM), plus Titanium. This also includes the regular HTC dialer
Old 10-02-2009, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

Maverick0984 is keeping up the good workMaverick0984 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintnerd View Post
Well I have been following his updates, and when you said Rhodium is for tp2 I have to ask myself I wonder what NRG met when says this on his front page, and for that matter which phone runs Titanium because its not really the tp, The Tp runs straight up TF3D I thought ??? Please help me understand this a little better. "Standard" includes the new TF3D2 (Rhodium Manila) along with the standard Windows Mobile 6.5 today plugin (Titanium*) and the Tachi dialer "Titanium" only includes the Titanium today plugin. No Manila in this version. This also includes the regular HTC dialer "OldManila" includes the older TF3D Manila (as seen on a stock ROM), plus Titanium. This also includes the regular HTC dialer
Titanium is the default skin/theme for windows mobile 6.5, all 6.5 roms have it, TP or TP2, doesn't matter. TF3D2 is then a skin made by HTC to be used on a windows mobile phone. Neither titanium or tf3d2 mean it is a TP or TP2, both can go on either phone.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintnerd View Post
Well I have been following his updates, and when you said Rhodium is for tp2 I have to ask myself I wonder what NRG met when says this on his front page, and for that matter which phone runs Titanium because its not really the tp, The Tp runs straight up TF3D I thought ??? Please help me understand this a little better.

• "Standard" includes the new TF3D2 (Rhodium Manila) along with the standard Windows Mobile 6.5 today plugin (Titanium*) and the Tachi dialer
  • "Titanium" only includes the Titanium today plugin. No Manila in this version. This also includes the regular HTC dialer
  • "OldManila" includes the older TF3D Manila (as seen on a stock ROM), plus Titanium. This also includes the regular HTC dialer
im thinking the rom he's uploading is for the TP2 also and not TP1....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro