PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 03:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
This is the WEIRDEST F'IN thing I have ever seen.
My device refuses to boot 10-14.
It just power cycles over and over.
Yes I ALWAYS do stock flash and hard reset before any custom rom.

Tried it 5 times with stock flash in between every flash and it would not boot after flashing 10-14.
Flashed back to 9/20 and it is smooth as silk.
What in the world is in this rom that my device doesn't like?

If I didn't know how to flash I would say user error but I know how to flash.

Device has been running a little off lately with some apps as well.
Maybe my device is kicking the bucket and there may be a memory area that it no longer sees.
Not really sure but looks like I may be forced to stay with 9/20 which is ok because it is a rock solid rom.

Anyone ever seen this before?
Well I think something is up with the ROM: My device took the update, it became extremely SLOW and any program using the GPS would make the device reboot. I tried then to flash stock and then flash 1014... guess what? The phone refused to boot at all.. on the stock ROM!... it would get stuck on the touch pro screen forever.

Then tried 0920, it worked.. kind of.... my GPS is officially dead now. Reflashed to stock, the phone took it. GPS still dead. Flashed 0920, phone works but I lost my GPS. (by "lost GPS" I mean that any program using it will not find it OR it will freeze the phone when attempting to lock on a signal)

I dont know what exactly happened but it was really bad.

EDIT: I even tried changing the radio, still GPS dead. HTC GPS Tool connects to the chip but is unable to lock on and after a few minutes (usually 2), the program would either stop receiving data from the GPS OR freeze the entire phone.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)

Last edited by fenixjn; 10-15-2009 at 03:26 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Downloaded from this link just to see if it will flash and boot for me.
Thanks for the link friend.
No problem. Please post if you happen to experience the same lag/GPS issues as some other users. I'm waiting for MySprint to come back online so I can an ESN swap :/
Old 10-15-2009, 03:43 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Booting into setup on 10/14 as I type.

What I did is something I do not advise anyone try.
As some of you here know that talk to me realize I should have BRICKED my device beyond repair ages ago......

I said F it and downloaded a GSM rom and flashed it to my device.
Yes, I know it will not run on this device and by most counts it should have probably bricked.
My thinking was if my device was dying anyway......
Pretty sure the GSM writes to different areas of the device and if my device had areas that were bad then I would try this to see if it would clear those out.
Probably a bad idea and that may well be incorrect to try that.

DO NOT try it PEOPLE!

So I then threw the device into bootloader mode and flashed 9/20 back.
It worked and I then flashed 10/14 without going back to stock.
Working right now and the rom looks great.
If it has any problems I will go back to stock and try a re-flash.

So anyways... that is wuts up. LOL
Sometimes I think I need help. :/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

djdafreund is keeping up the good workdjdafreund is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
so everyone keeps asking about manila 2.5...manila 2.5 is NOT even out for vga. his roms keep getting better and better, do not crash and are not buggy. manila 2.5 is still buggy for WVGA.
Of course, but A LOT of the stuff you've BEEN using ISN'T out for our devices. That's exactly why we use these roms. We have very intelligent people that are able to give us a lot of what manufacture's DON'T want to give us. Anyway, i was mentioning the other rom using 2.5 worked just fine actually, so it's not a problem of 2.5 not being compatible with TP phone's, but rather i just didn't like other area's of the rom that aren't polished like NRG rom's are. That's why i said i don't mind sticking with waiting until NRG decides to release his with it.
Also BTW, 2.5 isn't officially released for TP2 either so you know. LOT's of stuff isn't OFFICIALLY released, but still works fine if user's know what there doing. I trust NRG a lot, because of personal usage of his roms that are hands on evidence that he is very skilled at what he does.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

GPS fixed!! Yes I got it to work!!

I was able to fix it by analyzing the output log of HTC GPS Tool... well it happens that the GPS would die as soon as it got a precise lock (yes I had to take a mini course on NMEA decoding). And the GPS device would work AFTER a cold start (taking off the battery).

So I figure that at some point some data became corrupt and it is stored inside the GPS device.

So I was able to disable the GPS using Phone > Options > Location Settings > OFF (this was impossible if the GPS had already died, like the data was stuck there). Then attempt to use QuickGPS, this must somehow deleted the old data there, but it was unable to update the new data inside. After reenabling the GPS and running QuickGPS again, the update went trough without any errors. Then tested with the toolset included in the ROM (all of them) and then Tomtom.. and it worked!!

But still... I do think something is wrong with that ROM (or I had the bad luck of getting the really bad copy), I think I'll stick to 0920 for a while (as in, until the next release).

Last edited by fenixjn; 10-15-2009 at 05:09 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

ProfEngr is a n00b
|HERM|6.5|WWE|** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 14th | Manila 2.1

I've done the 'flashdance' w/ 10/14 on my TP about 4 times now. Various levels of "success" each time. I just finished downloading from the last link that was posted (Thanks!) and am going to try 1 more time. Seems GPS is completely unhappy and I get the #777 username/password invalid error alot (even on the STOCK ROM). I like running the latest NRG, but I'll drop back to 920 or 1013 if I have to. Just finished a stock flash, HR, and SR. Here goes with 1014. Hope it works.

Edit: Decided to see if anything was broken in 6.1 first. Data definitely is. Went to the dialpad and it says "Initial programming required" in yellow. Never had that come up before now so I'm going to try *228 opt 1.

Last edited by ProfEngr; 10-15-2009 at 05:16 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Re: |HERM|6.5|WWE|** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 14th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfEngr View Post
I've done the 'flashdance' w/ 10/14 on my TP about 4 times now. Various levels of "success" each time. I just finished downloading from the last link that was posted (Thanks!) and am going to try 1 more time. Seems GPS is completely unhappy and I get the #777 username/password invalid error alot (even on the STOCK ROM). I like running the latest NRG, but I'll drop back to 920 or 1013 if I have to. Just finished a stock flash, HR, and SR. Here goes with 1014. Hope it works.
Well try my fix for the GPS, you might need to go back to a previous ROM to make it work. GL
Old 10-15-2009, 05:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ProfEngr is a n00b

Is it just me or is it odd that NRG hasn't updated the thread for the new ROM and changelog? I know the link on the 1st pg has the download for 1014.

Stock ROM: Opera will load the default start page after "programming." QuickGPS still refuses to download data. I'm seriously thinking something got hosed w/ 1014. Trying fenixjn's method now....

Edit: oops, forgot I have to turn location on in the stock rom. quickgps downloaded this time. trying weather radar... needs .NET 3.5 apparently. going straight to 1014 since the stock ROM is braindead.

SPL-0.35.CMONEX <-- would that be an issue? I remember at one time it said 0.40, but MightyROM needs CMONEX.

TF3D takes forever to load too. If this flash fails I'm going back to 1013.

Last edited by ProfEngr; 10-15-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ProfEngr is a n00b

GPS looks to be dead for me in 1014. Chartcross gets stuck on "GPS Starting Up." The rest of the ROM "seems" to be ok, but I'm going back to 1013 for now.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Igo works fine for me on 10/14

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro