View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 05:05 AM
fenixjn
Halfway to VIP Status

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

GPS fixed!! Yes I got it to work!!

I was able to fix it by analyzing the output log of HTC GPS Tool... well it happens that the GPS would die as soon as it got a precise lock (yes I had to take a mini course on NMEA decoding). And the GPS device would work AFTER a cold start (taking off the battery).

So I figure that at some point some data became corrupt and it is stored inside the GPS device.

So I was able to disable the GPS using Phone > Options > Location Settings > OFF (this was impossible if the GPS had already died, like the data was stuck there). Then attempt to use QuickGPS, this must somehow deleted the old data there, but it was unable to update the new data inside. After reenabling the GPS and running QuickGPS again, the update went trough without any errors. Then tested with the toolset included in the ROM (all of them) and then Tomtom.. and it worked!!

But still... I do think something is wrong with that ROM (or I had the bad luck of getting the really bad copy), I think I'll stick to 0920 for a while (as in, until the next release).

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)

Last edited by fenixjn; 10-15-2009 at 05:09 AM.