PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 01:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Bell

macaroo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

threefaces
i read your guide for the the 25104 nov 10 build and it was pretty good. one thing though if you don't mind the suggestion.. can you give us noobs a quick tut at the end on how to save all the registry/edits that we just did to the phone to restore it back after we decide to run a device wipe? that would be pretty usefull from a lazy mansy perspective.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

zachofalltrades is a n00b
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroo View Post
can you give us noobs a quick tut at the end on how to save all the registry/edits that we just did to the phone to restore it back after we decide to run a device wipe? that would be pretty usefull from a lazy mansy perspective.

I use SASHIMI's "Full Backup" feature, with a couple carefully constructed .ini files - one for all of the registry settings I want to save, and the second for all of the configuration and data files. Between that and PPC PIM backup, I have very little fear of losing anything. While there are a couple of really well written guides, it would probably be worthwhile if some folks with more experience than myself would simply post the exact contents of those two SASHIMI config files.

see: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1043889
and: http://www.winmo-experts.com/

Last edited by zachofalltrades; 11-14-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
How are you trying to install it?
I copied the .wgt to my SD card, used Total Commander to click on it one time like a .cab file and it installed right away. Very cool!
Thank you I was busy all day I instaled like you teach me and it's working!!!!
Old 11-14-2009, 01:36 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroo View Post
threefaces
i read your guide for the the 25104 nov 10 build and it was pretty good. one thing though if you don't mind the suggestion.. can you give us noobs a quick tut at the end on how to save all the registry/edits that we just did to the phone to restore it back after we decide to run a device wipe? that would be pretty usefull from a lazy mansy perspective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachofalltrades View Post
I use SASHIMI's "Full Backup" feature, with a couple carefully constructed .ini files - one for all of the registry settings I want to save, and the second for all of the configuration and data files. Between that and PPC PIM backup, I have very little fear of losing anything. While there are a couple of really well written guides, it would probably be worthwhile if some folks with more experience than myself would simply post the exact contents of those two SASHIMI config files.
Just my .02 I would not do a full back up of the registry as standard practice. IMO there are too many variables, too many things that can change. It'd be useful when restoring your current build in the case of things getting fubared or maybe if the new build was an "upgrade" (ie just tweaked, no major changes) but I wouldnt just copy the "old" registry over to a new build automatically. I see "full backup" and I get nervous
The Sashimi thread (I linked in an earlier post) and tutorial videos on youtube are a must read/watch IMO.
Sashimi allows you to back up the individual reg edits either in Auto mode or manually. Some carry over build to build and some dont. I leave them in manual mode till I lurk around with the build and see wassup. It's the first method I tried and it works for me.
Hope that helped vs confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
Thank you I was busy all day I instaled like you teach me and it's working!!!!
No problem, happy to help.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:41 AM
danman7

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Need a bit of help. I'm running a Verizon TP with 09 rev of 21864 2.1. I was running the 10/25 version prior to this one with few issues.

After loading the new ROM, I added the Arcsoft Verizon MMS 5.0.69.44.cab, and I can SEND MMS pictures, but I cannot receive them. I've been searching the thread for suggestions, but have come up empty so far. Help would be appreciated.

Oh, and thanks to NRG and the rest that make this thread so incredibly useful.

Last edited by danman7; 11-14-2009 at 01:44 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman7 View Post
Need a bit of help. I'm running a Verizon TP with 09 rev of 21864 2.1. I was running the 10/25 version prior to this one with few issues.

After loading the new ROM, I added the Arcsoft Verizon MMS 5.0.69.44.cab, and I can SEND MMS pictures, but I cannot receive them. I've been searching the thread for suggestions, but have come up empty so far. Help would be appreciated.

Oh, and thanks to NRG and the rest that make this thread so incredibly useful.
Did you run the cab to *remove* Arcsoft and Picturemail *prior* to installing Arcsoft? I believe the build you are running includes Sprint Picturemail which I doubt works with Verizon MMS.

Remove Picturemail/Arcsoft cab is here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...6&d=1244581578
Old 11-14-2009, 01:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

zachofalltrades is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Just my .02 I would not do a full back up of the registry as standard practice. IMO there are too many variables, too many things that can change. It'd be useful when restoring your current build in the case of things getting fubared or maybe if the new build was an "upgrade" (ie just tweaked, no major changes) but I wouldnt just copy the "old" registry over to a new build automatically.
I realize your point, and agree. I would not advocate restoring a full registry from one ROM onto another. Unfortunately, SASHIMI's self-generated shortcuts and user interface gloss over this a bit. The shortcut called "Full Backup" invokes a command line that calls on SHASHIMI to do the "Custom Export" in the registry tools section plus the "File Backup" from the file tools section (in both cases using the .ini files that the user must set up beforehand). In the SASHIMI menu interface, under the "Registry Tools" there is also the "Full Export" option. I would not advocate using this for anything other than dumping the registry for the sake of investigation.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:55 AM
danman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
Did you run the cab to *remove* Arcsoft and Picturemail *prior* to installing Arcsoft? I believe the build you are running includes Sprint Picturemail which I doubt works with Verizon MMS.

Remove Picturemail/Arcsoft cab is here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...6&d=1244581578

Sweet! You got it in one! Thanks a bunch.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:57 AM
danman7

One other question: A few days ago, I saw a post, I'm pretty sure it was in this thread where someone had figured out a way to show more than 4 messages in the email view. I think they were able to show 7 after the modification.

I've tried all the search strings I can think of, but I can't find it again.

Can anyone point me the way?
Old 11-14-2009, 03:03 AM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

New build is uploading right meow.

Changelog:

- Brand new resized package from Amarulzz and Akeo, released today.
- HTC Messaging issues fixes (hopefully for everybody!!)
- New homescreen look (I think...)
- Fixed camera.exe by JVH to enable GPS mode (for Footprints.. still not 100% yet.. need newer Album package)
- New Topaz video drivers
- Haptic feedback enable for the Manila tabs
- etc
- Oh... builds available on 23088 now. 23504 is gone...

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 16 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro