View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 01:53 AM
zachofalltrades
N00b

zachofalltrades is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Just my .02 I would not do a full back up of the registry as standard practice. IMO there are too many variables, too many things that can change. It'd be useful when restoring your current build in the case of things getting fubared or maybe if the new build was an "upgrade" (ie just tweaked, no major changes) but I wouldnt just copy the "old" registry over to a new build automatically.
I realize your point, and agree. I would not advocate restoring a full registry from one ROM onto another. Unfortunately, SASHIMI's self-generated shortcuts and user interface gloss over this a bit. The shortcut called "Full Backup" invokes a command line that calls on SHASHIMI to do the "Custom Export" in the registry tools section plus the "File Backup" from the file tools section (in both cases using the .ini files that the user must set up beforehand). In the SASHIMI menu interface, under the "Registry Tools" there is also the "Full Export" option. I would not advocate using this for anything other than dumping the registry for the sake of investigation.