View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 01:36 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroo View Post
threefaces
i read your guide for the the 25104 nov 10 build and it was pretty good. one thing though if you don't mind the suggestion.. can you give us noobs a quick tut at the end on how to save all the registry/edits that we just did to the phone to restore it back after we decide to run a device wipe? that would be pretty usefull from a lazy mansy perspective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachofalltrades View Post
I use SASHIMI's "Full Backup" feature, with a couple carefully constructed .ini files - one for all of the registry settings I want to save, and the second for all of the configuration and data files. Between that and PPC PIM backup, I have very little fear of losing anything. While there are a couple of really well written guides, it would probably be worthwhile if some folks with more experience than myself would simply post the exact contents of those two SASHIMI config files.
Just my .02 I would not do a full back up of the registry as standard practice. IMO there are too many variables, too many things that can change. It'd be useful when restoring your current build in the case of things getting fubared or maybe if the new build was an "upgrade" (ie just tweaked, no major changes) but I wouldnt just copy the "old" registry over to a new build automatically. I see "full backup" and I get nervous
The Sashimi thread (I linked in an earlier post) and tutorial videos on youtube are a must read/watch IMO.
Sashimi allows you to back up the individual reg edits either in Auto mode or manually. Some carry over build to build and some dont. I leave them in manual mode till I lurk around with the build and see wassup. It's the first method I tried and it works for me.
Hope that helped vs confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
Thank you I was busy all day I instaled like you teach me and it's working!!!!
No problem, happy to help.