PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Super EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

goldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to goldgrillshinin
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
First of all I have to say this is one of the best roms I have ever tried. I do have a question with energy rom sept 20th where action button is at the bottom left hand side is there anyway I can put a phone icon in the action table or can I change the action button to be a phone button. Also when the phone makes a connection it is not vibrating is there a registry setting or a cab that I can install to force it to vibrate on connecting thank you
If you go to start then System, then Phone Wizard and scroll down you should she a vibrate on connect tab... Wait.. Just tried it and wont change for me.. Just brings up the phones settings menu.. Weird... Anyone else?
Old 09-25-2009, 10:24 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by symba2000 View Post
UPDATE: For anyone who searches this and needs a solution, I figured it out. Kind of a strange quirk to the ROM, but it works... sort of.

Step 1: Go to People Tab and begin to add all of your favorites
Step 2: Don't worry about the pictures not showing up... you'll get to that in a sec.
Step 3: Click on the current default picture to access their info
Step 4: Scroll down to "More: See More Information"
Step 5: You'll see a familiar Windows style info listing. Click on your favorite's name at the top (next to what default pic)
Step 6: Next to "Picture:" click on "Change Picture"
Step 7: Select the picture you want. When you're done, press "OK" at the top right corner of the screen.
Solution: Now, you will have a blurry version of what's supposed to be your favorite contact's picture.

I've tried NUMEROUS other methods to no avail... so if you happen to be going through this similar issue, consider this my contribution to you =)
All my contacts have pics in the fav tab.
I can change them and also the facebook update will bring in the pics as well.

Here is a tip to try.
Once you get all your contact pics setup you should use MyPhone by MS or do what I do.
I use Spb backup to do a custom backup.
Select only contacts, SMS, MMS, email and documents.
That way you can flash and flash away and just run the backup exe and you are done.
If you do not own the retail version just try the trial version because once you make this backup you can always run the exe.
From that point the backup will restore all your contacts with pics, all your messages and documents as well as re-settings your email accounts for you.
Have not tried the trial version but give it a shot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:30 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
For the Action button, just go to your Programs tab, click on All Programs, then scroll down to Softkey Manager.

Make sure you checkbox HTC Diamond Mode. Set your left and right softkeys, and enjoy.

As for the vibrate when connection is made... I can't seem to find the darn setting even though I come across it all the time. I'll trying looking for it and post if someone doesn't chime in soon.
Mine vibrates on connection but I have to run right now.
When I get back I will try to find the setting for you guys if no one has posted it yet.
Try looking in your sounds and notifications for connection and try that.
That is just off the top of my head so not sure.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

trip is just getting started

Quote:
For the Action button, just go to your Programs tab, click on All Programs, then scroll down to Softkey Manager.

Make sure you checkbox HTC Diamond Mode. Set your left and right softkeys, and enjoy.

As for the vibrate when connection is made... I can't seem to find the darn setting even though I come across it all the time. I'll trying looking for it and post if someone doesn't chime in soon.
it's under sounds and notifications... connection established
Old 09-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've been using NRGZ ROM's since 5-28 and was wondering why when syncing music it never pulls the album art over with the music files to be dispalyed on the media player. I've never had a problem with this before when syncing my music to my vogue or to my TP or other roms that I've used in the past. To be fair after I started using the NRGZ ROM's I haven't flashed to any other chefs ROM so I can't really say if it is truly a ROM specific issue or a 6.5 issue. I sync music to my storage card using windows media player and active sync. As I stated earlier I've been using the NRGZ28 3.0 ROM's nearly from the beginning and they are the only custom ROM's I use. This is the only quirk I see. I don't really even know why I care because it's not like I sit there and stare at the album art or anything I'm just curious as to why it doesn't seem to do this function. If anyone has any feedback/solutions I appreciate your time.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

zarxic is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
All of my peeps are crystal clear. You shouldn't have to exit Touch Flo to edit the contact pic. Did you try tapping on the contact card icon in the top right corner of the contact's file?
That being said, your steps appear correct but obviously something is happening when the pic is being applied. What type of image files are you using?
The only time my contact pictures are blurry or pixelated is when they're synced with Facebook profile pics. It seems Manila is syncing with the small pics. Wish you could edit which picture it pulled from Facebook's API.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

Maybe I missed it, I looked, but was mostly on the pictures erasing texts.
Which I have that issue also.

It only erases the texts they send me. But actually, it works like this for me. When I soft reset with a picture in the inbox, it deletes all of the incoming texts and only keeps the sent ones.

Okay, but thats not all i'm here for.
I had the same person send me 2 pictures, separately, and it will not display the second picture, is this a bug, or something didn't get installed right?

And how the hell do you send pictures ? I can get them obviously, but it wont let me insert them into my text? There was no way to choose between MMS and SMS. *shrugs*

Anyways. The new deal with pictures coming in like that rock! I see all its doing is working like sgSMS and contacting sprint for the stuff. Using the intercept feature and downloading it into a friendly deal on the phone.

Okay, might wanna recap here.
Only getting 1 picture in from 2 sent from same person, What gives?
How do you send pictures with the new leet system?
Where is the install cab in case I have to reinstall?
and a further sorry If i missed all the stuff 30 pages ago. Hard to do this research on dialup.
As well, anyone got the cab for the text message character count thing to turn it off, or the registry keys? The text lag on here is rancid, but that's supposed to be a fix. *shrugs*
I Like the new system, but its chuggy compared to the old.

Michigan Chapter Leader for Ford Truck Enthusiasts
http://www.midnightmods.com/

Networking, Computer Hardware, Farming

Old phones; I-1000x2, I-32sx, I-90x3, I-860x2, I-930x4, PPC-6800x4, Touch Pro
Old 09-25-2009, 11:14 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
Maybe I missed it, I looked, but was mostly on the pictures erasing texts.
Which I have that issue also.

It only erases the texts they send me. But actually, it works like this for me. When I soft reset with a picture in the inbox, it deletes all of the incoming texts and only keeps the sent ones.

Okay, but thats not all i'm here for.
I had the same person send me 2 pictures, separately, and it will not display the second picture, is this a bug, or something didn't get installed right?

And how the hell do you send pictures ? I can get them obviously, but it wont let me insert them into my text? There was no way to choose between MMS and SMS. *shrugs*

Anyways. The new deal with pictures coming in like that rock! I see all its doing is working like sgSMS and contacting sprint for the stuff. Using the intercept feature and downloading it into a friendly deal on the phone.

Okay, might wanna recap here.
Only getting 1 picture in from 2 sent from same person, What gives?
How do you send pictures with the new leet system?
Where is the install cab in case I have to reinstall?
and a further sorry If i missed all the stuff 30 pages ago. Hard to do this research on dialup.
As well, anyone got the cab for the text message character count thing to turn it off, or the registry keys? The text lag on here is rancid, but that's supposed to be a fix. *shrugs*
I Like the new system, but its chuggy compared to the old.
My guess is that you either have a bad base flash [like need to reflash the ROM to square away your texting woes]...or, you may just need to reinstall Arcsoft Picture mail.

There are instructions for doing so here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...94#post1190494

I think third post down. Run the uninstall Picture Mail cab, then soft reset, then install the new version of Arcsoft, then soft reset again.

Picture mail will be in with your regular threaded text messages. The new version allows ofr voice recordings to be sent as texts. In the new manila view, you can simply press "Menu" reply as MMS and go from there. In the Winmo view, I don't think you can simply attach a pic...you may need to initiate a new message for it to work. [if this bugs you, the older version I believe allows this]

I had some strange issues with texting in the past and it was usually a bad flash, or some error on my part with installing Arcsoft picture mail.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarxic View Post
The only time my contact pictures are blurry or pixelated is when they're synced with Facebook profile pics. It seems Manila is syncing with the small pics. Wish you could edit which picture it pulled from Facebook's API.
Nope, I'm good with FB pics too.

Quote:
I just tried what you said about clicking on the contact card on the top right corner and realized the steps are very specific as well. When you click on the Contact Card, it goes into the "Details" section. You have to scroll down and click on "Edit Contact," then the picture on the top right corner becomes "active" for clicking.

When you click on that picture at the top right corner, a menu opens up with "Set Contact Photo: Facebook Profile, Open Album, Use Camera, Remove Photo"

Using the camera actually does set the picture... but not everyone has easy access to the person for contact setup... and the "Open Album" option doesn't open album for photo selection.

This is still very odd to me...
Something ain't right ( I have a knack for stating the obvious) you may be looking at a re-flash? but I think you tried that? At work now, maybe someone can pick it up from here?
Old 09-25-2009, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

kronik420 is just getting started

Thank you so much for the information on how to change the soft key. I still can't find the vibrate connection established I've looked under phones and under sound and notification anywhere else to look for it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro