View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 11:14 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
Maybe I missed it, I looked, but was mostly on the pictures erasing texts.
Which I have that issue also.

It only erases the texts they send me. But actually, it works like this for me. When I soft reset with a picture in the inbox, it deletes all of the incoming texts and only keeps the sent ones.

Okay, but thats not all i'm here for.
I had the same person send me 2 pictures, separately, and it will not display the second picture, is this a bug, or something didn't get installed right?

And how the hell do you send pictures ? I can get them obviously, but it wont let me insert them into my text? There was no way to choose between MMS and SMS. *shrugs*

Anyways. The new deal with pictures coming in like that rock! I see all its doing is working like sgSMS and contacting sprint for the stuff. Using the intercept feature and downloading it into a friendly deal on the phone.

Okay, might wanna recap here.
Only getting 1 picture in from 2 sent from same person, What gives?
How do you send pictures with the new leet system?
Where is the install cab in case I have to reinstall?
and a further sorry If i missed all the stuff 30 pages ago. Hard to do this research on dialup.
As well, anyone got the cab for the text message character count thing to turn it off, or the registry keys? The text lag on here is rancid, but that's supposed to be a fix. *shrugs*
I Like the new system, but its chuggy compared to the old.
My guess is that you either have a bad base flash [like need to reflash the ROM to square away your texting woes]...or, you may just need to reinstall Arcsoft Picture mail.

There are instructions for doing so here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...94#post1190494

I think third post down. Run the uninstall Picture Mail cab, then soft reset, then install the new version of Arcsoft, then soft reset again.

Picture mail will be in with your regular threaded text messages. The new version allows ofr voice recordings to be sent as texts. In the new manila view, you can simply press "Menu" reply as MMS and go from there. In the Winmo view, I don't think you can simply attach a pic...you may need to initiate a new message for it to work. [if this bugs you, the older version I believe allows this]

I had some strange issues with texting in the past and it was usually a bad flash, or some error on my part with installing Arcsoft picture mail.

Hope that helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.