PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 12:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netengineer View Post
I had this issue once before and what I had to do is go back to a stock ROM and then install the Energy ROM. For some reason my phone just would not take it until I did that. This was on an Aug rev. Once I got the Energy ROM on it I have been able to upgrade to newer versions without a problem. Just a thought...
Thanks for the suggestion but I've tried that as well... The only thing I haven't tried is Stock-Lock-Unlock-Energy, which I may try if I get bored.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:15 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
Clearly I am not supposed to run this ROM!! Tried loading from my computer...no go. Tried loading from microSD...no go. Made sure it wasn't a problem extracting because I was using 7zip, so I extracted it with PocketRAR (thanks to MightyROM) and tried again. NOTHING!! The phone keeps locking up at the same screens....

FTS, I quit. Guess I'll stick with the Mighty ROM...was just hoping to play with some of the 6.5 updates...
Did you try reformatting your SD card? Take off all the goodies, reformat the card or try another one. If Threefaces advice didnt work your are a rare breed but that's the route I'd go. Hang in there, it's worth it.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Did you try reformatting your SD card? Take off all the goodies, reformat the card or try another one. If Threefaces advice didnt work your are a rare breed but that's the route I'd go. Hang in there, it's worth it.
Rather than risk my microSD with everything on it, I pulled out the 1gig that came with the phone, and yes, reformatted to FAT32. Then the ONLY thing I put on it was the .nbh!
Old 09-13-2009, 12:41 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
Rather than risk my microSD with everything on it, I pulled out the 1gig that came with the phone, and yes, reformatted to FAT32. Then the ONLY thing I put on it was the .nbh!
And you flashed stock, hard reset, then flashed energy? Which build are you trying to flash? Maybe you got a bad/corrupt DL from rapidshare/hotfile? I'd be willing to email you another build if you want? PM me if you want.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 09-13-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS
Carrier: Verizon

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff

I created an account with palringo, but when I try to log in from device it says logging in. Reconect Pending..
Old 09-13-2009, 02:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

onemanzu is just getting started

alright, I seem to have an interesting problem that no one else has brought up. when I press the start icon on the home screen it brings up the clock. when pressed from any other screen it doesn't do anything...

Help? do I just need to adv. config something?
-----------------
Edit: Reflashing fixed the problem... I guess I must have screwed something up when it was customizing my phone or during the initial set up... who knows. no problems here... great rom as always!

Last edited by onemanzu; 09-13-2009 at 03:02 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

HotSauce is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to HotSauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
It isn't rom related meaning it happens on other roms as well.
It isn't this roms fault.

Sashimi is your friend.
If you have never used it then you might wanna try it.
Very easy to setup and very easy to restore with.
It is ROM related because the problem resulted from a bad flashing of the ROM, like you and winmonewbie said.

I didn't blame it on the ROM.

I'm wondering if I could do a full SPB backup, re-flash, hard reset, then restore the backup. Do you think that would fix the problem?

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:03 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Worth a try but I would only use spb backup on the same rom you made the backup.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:06 AM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

You could even restore from someone elses backup of the same rom and probably be good.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:12 AM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanzu View Post
alright, I seem to have an interesting problem that no one else has brought up. when I press the start icon on the home screen it brings up the clock. when pressed from any other screen it doesn't do anything...

Help? do I just need to adv. config something?
-----------------
Edit: Reflashing fixed the problem... I guess I must have screwed something up when it was customizing my phone or during the initial set up... who knows. no problems here... great rom as always!
That almost sounds like you need to reconfigure your screen area.

Like your touch area doesn't go all the way up.
Try going into your calibration and redo it.

Last edited by rootlinux; 09-13-2009 at 03:19 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro