PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 10:02 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post
dont mean to get off topic but palringo says cant add service, when i try to add service, a fix?
Go to their site and setup a free account with them.
Then once you log into the messenger you will need to log in with that info first and it will allow you to add all the other accounts.
It is simple fast and works very well.

Supported services are

Windows Live Messenger ® (MSN)
AOL ® Instant Messenger (AIM)
Yahoo! ® Messenger
Google Talk ™
ICQ ®
Jabber ®
iChat® / MobileMe ®
QQ ®
Gadu-Gadu ®
Facebook Chat

It does show the contact pics and shows you who is on what service.
You can chat with them all at once.

Last edited by rootlinux; 09-12-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

my data stays on even when not in use...any way to turn that off. And how do i update the prl?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
What is better about it?
Thought it was the same 3.2 mega pixel camera just with out the flash.
That huge speaker probably took up all the room back there. LOL
The clarity of the pictures is far better. Look in the TP2 forum and some posted a side by side comparison. I see it as well with my pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
Its official. Sent the file through the virus vault tool in avg to them. Here is the verdict

AVG Research Lab has analyzed the file(s) you have sent from your AVG Virus Vault. Below you can find the results for each file. The final verdict on the file is either a correct detection or a false positive detection.

Further information about the verdicts are available at our website:
http://www.avg.com/faq-1184

"D:\Burn\Newsdemon\HTC touch pro\Rom\!Latest\EnergyROM HERMAN 20090905 Titanium\Hermann_CustomRUU.exe" - false alarm

Best regards,

AVG Customer Services
AVG Technologies

We could have saved you the trouble and officially told you it was a false alarm...too many worry warts here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post
Just found something, has anyone seen this? Beejive IM, locked up my device 2 times. I have never used this, and thought I'd set up my screen names and log ins. It locked up both times when I had option menu open. Had to soft reset...

Edit: make that 3 times...
I use Beejive religiously, and it has never exhibited that behavior.

Quote:
You are welcome my friend.
Palringo is great.
You will love it I am sure.
Palringo is suckware, it sucks your battery and memory usage. I used to use it before I found Beejive. I hate the fact that you have to have an account with them to use it. And I had many problems with it not shutting down and it running your battery dry,,,,, good luck with it

Old 09-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

Quote:
Now the Touchpal is almost perfect. LOL
Changed the white letters on the keys to green.
Now it matches my TP theme.

Plan on making my own full skins soon as it looks pretty easy.
This is a great skin that I just modified to the colors I wanted.
Thanks to the original creator.

That's sexy!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
OK, What I found was a different reg entry that gives the state of the data connection. I started to write a mortscript file to check that registry key and make a change to it based on timing. However, while doing so I thought of doing some more investigating.
The WHOLE reason for doing this is to save battery life. Well, as it turns out this logic is errant. The data connection while dormant draws NO current. We all have a little program on our phone because NRG was smart enough to cook it in. So, everyone can test for themselves.
Start tBattery, you'll find it in Start > Utilities. If your data connection is active let everything settle down after starting the program and check your current value. Mine settled down to 57. I can only assume that is 57 mVolts. Now disable your data connection by long pressing the end key and selecting "Terminate Data Connection". This is the same as turning it of using the Comm Manager. Now go back to tBattery and let everything settle down. Check your current value. Mine settled to the same 57mVolts.
Check around on the web and found info to confirm. So, terminating your data connection just to save battery isn't needed. In fact the termination and re-establishing the data connection drains MORE mAmps from your battery.
So there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
my data stays on even when not in use...any way to turn that off. And how do i update the prl?
No need to turn off your data. As far as the prl you can, call *2 and ask Sprint for one, install carrier cab. There's a cab for just the prl update as well if you search you will find

Last edited by iknowsquat; 09-12-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:59 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
The clarity of the pictures is far better. Look in the TP2 forum and some posted a side by side comparison. I see it as well with my pictures.

We could have saved you the trouble and officially told you it was a false alarm...too many worry warts here...

I use Beejive religiously, and it has never exhibited that behavior.

Palringo is suckware, it sucks your battery and memory usage. I used to use it before I found Beejive. I hate the fact that you have to have an account with them to use it. And I had many problems with it not shutting down and it running your battery dry,,,,, good luck with it
Palringo does suck battery but I don't leave it running.
It works very well for me and runs stable for me as well.

I do have problems with beejive connecting pretty often and they no longer support it for winmo so we won't get any fixes. That is why I don't use it very much.
It isn't for lack of wanting to or lack of it not being good.
It just doesn't connect with consistency for me.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:02 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazybaz13 View Post
That's sexy!!!
You want it?
I have the modified theme zipped up.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Clearly I am not supposed to run this ROM!! Tried loading from my computer...no go. Tried loading from microSD...no go. Made sure it wasn't a problem extracting because I was using 7zip, so I extracted it with PocketRAR (thanks to MightyROM) and tried again. NOTHING!! The phone keeps locking up at the same screens....

FTS, I quit. Guess I'll stick with the Mighty ROM...was just hoping to play with some of the 6.5 updates...
Old 09-13-2009, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

netengineer is keeping up the good worknetengineer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
Clearly I am not supposed to run this ROM!! Tried loading from my computer...no go. Tried loading from microSD...no go. Made sure it wasn't a problem extracting because I was using 7zip, so I extracted it with PocketRAR (thanks to MightyROM) and tried again. NOTHING!! The phone keeps locking up at the same screens....

FTS, I quit. Guess I'll stick with the Mighty ROM...was just hoping to play with some of the 6.5 updates...
I had this issue once before and what I had to do is go back to a stock ROM and then install the Energy ROM. For some reason my phone just would not take it until I did that. This was on an Aug rev. Once I got the Energy ROM on it I have been able to upgrade to newer versions without a problem. Just a thought...
Old 09-13-2009, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Xartist1 is becoming a great contributor

Awesome ROM. Props to the chef!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro