PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 09:16 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by purian23 View Post
Dude, I need some help, geez I feel like a noob, Im using your guide and just cannot figure out how to even edit the
2330fc3c_manila
file for this weather fix, if you or someone could A B C this to me, please.. pm or thread it thanks.
Yea, I did kinda gloss over it...I'll update the guide to be more specific.

I put the manilla file on my PC.
I then installed the sqladmin to my PC
Navigate to the manilla file and open it with the sql program [Im a noob and couldnt figure out how to even get the manilla open through the program so I did that as a workaround]
You should see the manilla as described in the guide and should be able to se ethe database with the city list.
Find a city close to you that you dont plan to use and edit the data to your cities settings
Once its set, you should be good...close the program and try the manilla out.
Your changes should be saved. You can reopen the manilla to check.

Hope that helped...if you get stuck drop me a PM I should be on for a little bit more.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I'm sure I did something dumb...can you test your texting like this and let me know if it works:

Go to the Messages Tab
Click on a received text...assuming there is a text there.
This should open the individuals contact card
Text that person.
When you press send, does it post to the conversation?
If it does, cool...move on. If not...give it a little while and let me know if it eventually pops up with a later timestamp. Maybe 10 minutes or so.

Now go back to the Message tab
Click "All Messages"
Now youre in the conversation picker, in the classic view
Text that same contact.
Is the text you sent from the Contact Card view in the threaded conversation in the classic view?

Now, if you go back into the Contact Card, is the text you just sent from the classic view in the conversation thread?

Received texts all seem to be coming into the Contact Card and anything I send from classic view seems to stay in there.

I'm thinking reflash...just want to check. Thanks!
Yeah ALL methods hold up-it all works as it's supposed to. Hope that helps?
Curious, when I go to text in TF3D it opens 'classic' view, I have to tap persons name to get Contact card, this normal?
Old 08-07-2009, 09:26 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Yeah ALL methods hold up-it all works as it's supposed to. Hope that helps?
Curious, when I go to text in TF3D it opens 'classic' view, I have to tap persons name to get Contact card, this normal?
Yea, if you're in classic and press a persons name it should go to their contact card. If you press the text on the screen of Touch Flo though, I would think it would open the TouchFlo text view.

I'm reflashing tomorrow morning and will figure out what I did.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:27 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

hey three faces i have a question about the custon weather in your guide, you say to download 2330fc3c_manila here or copy from your phone. but theres nothing to download, where can i get it at? thanks in advance

Last edited by Mr.KLeen; 08-07-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:35 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimecm View Post
hey three faces i have a question about the custon weather in your guide, you say to download 2330fc3c_manila here or copy from your phone. but theres nothing to download, where can i get it at? thanks in advance
There are in structions in the guide up top for finding files in this thread...I think it was posted. If it wasn't, connect your phone to your PC and copy that manilla file from the /Windows directory of your phone to your PC. Now you have a copy on the PC to edit. do the edits, and then copy the manilla file back to the device's /windows directory, overwritting the old file.

If you save your edited manilla somewhere, you can always copy this file back to the /windows directory on your device after a refleash. no need to do this more than once for 2.1
Old 08-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO II
Carrier: Sprint PCS

gabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to gabbythe1

Is there a fix for the Weather Tab on the latest release 08/06? My Home City isn`t in the list and Weather Master program seems to conflict with Manila 2.1. It keeps re-launching TF3D every time I click on the weather tab after installing Weather Master. Any suggestion?
Old 08-07-2009, 09:55 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Is there a fix for the Weather Tab on the latest release 08/06? My Home City isn`t in the list and Weather Master program seems to conflict with Manila 2.1. It keeps re-launching TF3D every time I click on the weather tab after installing Weather Master. Any suggestion?
Weather Master is not compatible with 2.1...you need to edit the manilla file directly.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BruceBanner is becoming a great contributor

my touch pro is no longer recognized by the pc. anyone having the same issue with vista ultimate 64bit?
Old 08-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Weather Master is not compatible with 2.1...you need to edit the manilla file directly.
If you have a link for this please post/PM
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 08-07-2009, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

JuMpMaN6235 is keeping up the good workJuMpMaN6235 is keeping up the good work

How do i change my taskbar icons back to OEM? I just want the simple black and white icons (like in Juicy)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro